Compare Delivery Time By Province

khunphil

Hi,

In Chiangmai, I was quoted 4 to 5 months to buy a Mitsu Mirage or Nissan March, more than 5 months for a Mazda2. I keep reading here and here that there are some lucky buyers who just drove to Bangkok and get a delivery in some days ?

Is it just luck, or long research by phone, or is it normal case due to the city is close to the factories.

Just wondering if I cancel my Mirage and take the plane to Bangkok....

Thanks

Philip

Well at least this should be quicker than in the north ...

I think I have to call some reliable Mitsubishi suppliers around Bangkok and be lucky to find one who can deliver faster.

Always surprised to read some OP who have their car in 3 days ... lucky they are :-)

Philip

All locally manufactured cars are divvied out to dealerships using a quota system - so some dealerships will always have better/faster availability than others (all brands do this).

However, given that production is still low volume and the car is comparatively high demand, your best chance of getting one sooner rather than later would be to find an abandoned booking..

Edited by IMHO

Depends on the car as well.

Anyway. Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 Ex GT at 2 Chonburi City and 1 Sri Racha dealer said one month. Then quickly followed it up with no longer than 3. Bangkok dealer said 3 days.

Wifes Volvo V60 was about 3 months.

She gave up waiting for an Innova and sold on the deposit after about 9 months, Not sure if the person who got her place has got it yet. Would be over a year now. Apparently taxi companies have booked the queue out. Both Bangkok dealers.

If you're going for a low priced car and one with the 100K you'll probably be waiting a while.