A Million Dollars Net Worth In Thailand

DonW

DonW

At 38 years of age, with a Thai wife & a reasonable amount of savings, you are in a similar position to me.

I have another couple of years working in Farang land until we move to Thailand.

You didn't say if you have, or plan to have kids.

International school fees for a couple of kids will put a big hole in your savings, this is the reason I need a couple more years before we move to Thailand.

When we move, my plan is:

Spend more time enjoying family life.

Ensure the children get the best possible childhood & education.

Have a passive income stream, to remove the pressure of working to live.

Set up a hobby business to keep me interested.

My hobby will be an agri business, and TV has a great farming forum full of excellent information and a great community of members.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were 38 and had already amassed a cool million off of an income of only 45 k , and spoke thai I would NOT come on Thai Visa looking for advice from a bunch of unknown people who likely don't speak thai and don't have a million bucks......

• Like 2

If I were you, I'd already be in Thailand (money or not). UK Vs LOS is a no contest for me! At 17 I saw the negativity in England and made a break based on the "can't choose where you're born but sure as hell can decide where you live"

You sound competent so just don't over indulge and always keep something in the pot. If you're smart you can pretty much do what you like here.

Last time it was an American guy with a million dollars, now it a UK guy with a million dollars. I think the million dollars gets around quite a bit.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yeah yank saying a million dollars ..ok. A Brit saying anything in dollars I don't think so £s my friend u really got a way with it close this nonsense ..

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

+1

The fatal flaw,who ever met a Brit who thinks in dollars?

I think in dollars, my salary is paid in dollars, my bank account is in dollars and most of my investments are in dollars. and I'm a brit :-)

Id also bet that the people shouting bullshit are all pretty skint and those offering advice are lads with some wonga.

Edited by sjohnson1234

Yes of course. Buy high and sell low. Advise people to buy property in a

country which is in the middle of an ever rising bubble, and ignore the

property which has already crashed to a level that's below the cost of

building and is slowly recovering with modest but sustainable price

increases

I have pointed a possible investment choice, but never mention about buying now or later, that you will have to do your home work and judge for yourself. If I knew when is the top and where is the the bottom of the market, I will be as rich as George Soro, and maybe you are. Are you saying that now is a good time to buy properties in the U.S, as it is very low?

Find a place in this world where there have been big price run-ups and

buy, buy buy. Never buy anything that's on sale, because that sale

proves it's no good. It's like a stock market or gold. When it's high

everyone says "buy, buy, I've been making lots of money." But when it

crashes and is actually cheap, people want out. They want nothing to do

with it.

And now you are contracdicting yourself, can you be more specify?

but it's a lot better than it was just 5 years ago

The national debt was around 10 trillion 5 years ago, and now is almost 17 trillion, you called this better? They kept printing money, and one day will be judgement day. BTW maybe they can print all the money to pay off their national debt?

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

Tic tac tic tac, the clock is ticking

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well, I am not a financial "anal"-lyst, but I do smell something rotten in the U.S., what about you? Are you sure? Are you not sure? Oh, you are never sure! (Nice name, reminds me of superman, just kidding, no offence)

Edited by Cobrabiker

• 2 weeks later...

Liquidate all the property and investments and give the proceeds to Mrs W to invest in a pig farm, build a house for her aging parents, buy a pick-up truck for her father and a scooter for her Thai hubby. The rest will take care of itself.