Audio Cables Made To Order

DCasper

Where do you live? I'm out of town a bit. I found a small computer place that came to my house and wired everything up and hooked into a network. Cost 800B for 1/2 days work.

If you are in Pattaya, I'd bet Pattaya2you on the 3rd floor of Tukcom could help. If not, for sure they could recommend somebody. Great shop.

Where do you live? I'm out of town a bit. I found a small computer place that came to my house and wired everything up and hooked into a network. Cost 800B for 1/2 days work.

If you are in Pattaya, I'd bet Pattaya2you on the 3rd floor of Tukcom could help. If not, for sure they could recommend somebody. Great shop.

This setup is in Australia, Cat6 cable runs from the living room to each room. Send video and audio over the cable just require more cables made up.

Tukcom I have not have a good chance to look around the WIFE.

Thanks for the reply.

I would maybe suggest Amorn in the basement. RCA cables aren't that hard to make Amorn will certainly have the cable and connectors then a bit of DIY and you will have the exact length,

Its the DIY part I am trying to avoid have made several up plus a couple of adaptors. I made the mistake of using cheap RCA leads when I joined the leads together and have melted one of the CAT 6 adaptors must not have punched down all the way, still work for now.

This shop may appear great to non-technical people due to their better English language skills but in actual fact they do not have a clue what they are doing, a colleague of mine recently chucked them out after 30 minutes of destroying his home.. He is himself is a very good engineer who's time is worth much more than theirs but he ended up doing the job himself due to their incompetence.

This shop may appear great to non-technical people due to their better English language skills but in actual fact they do not have a clue what they are doing, a colleague of mine recently chucked them out after 30 minutes of destroying his home.. He is himself is a very good engineer who's time is worth much more than theirs but he ended up doing the job himself due to their incompetence.

Sorry to disagree, but too many people have used this shop with great success. They have a stellar reputation. Even with that, problems occur. I highly suggest you have your colleague, politely, visit the manager and tell him what happened. I know the manager and I'm sure he'd love to hear your complaint...if done professionally and politely.

Assume your transmitting composite analog and digital audio video? do you mean with an in line balun..bit ungainly methinks? Could you not just buy baluns..probably available in wall plates too?

Will change to HDMI converters down the track do not want to change the wall plates out. Do not require balun just a Cat 6 Patch cable joined to a RCA cable does the trick for video and audio.

Assume your transmitting composite analog and digital audio video? do you mean with an in line balun..bit ungainly methinks? Could you not just buy baluns..probably available in wall plates too?

Will change to HDMI converters down the track do not want to change the wall plates out. Do not require balun just a Cat 6 Patch cable joined to a RCA cable does the trick for video and audio.

Ok must be out of touch....that is possible?....

If all your content is digital have you considered wireless LAN .

MPEG 4 HDTV is what?.... about 8-10Mbs? ..A WLAN used to be about 11Mbs..probably up around 50 now..if I could be bothered to google....

HDMI can be transported over Ethernet also.

anyways ....have fun ...smile.png

MPEG 4 HDTV is what?.... about 8-10Mbs? ..A WLAN used to be about 11Mbs..probably up around 50 now..if I could be bothered to google....

Most is analogue. I think it will be years down the track before I changed all over to digital.

I tried to use wireless for the young fellas room so he could whatch movies off the network, it did not work so well kept on buffering. Have since used hard wire with no problems. Also have 2 x internet points in nearly every room in the house and too 3 locations around the house running through a 100meg switch. I will try wireless again have just brought one of those mini android comptuers for $70 will see what it can do when I get a chance.

My network is a mess. Will have to hire a Geek to sort it out one day the young fella is only 5.

Most is analogue. I think it will be years down the track before I changed all over to digital.

I tried to use wireless for the young fellas room so he could whatch movies off the network, it did not work so well kept on buffering. Have since used hard wire with no problems. Also have 2 x internet points in nearly every room in the house and too 3 locations around the house running through a 100meg switch. I will try wireless again have just brought one of those mini android comptuers for $70 will see what it can do when I get a chance.

My network is a mess. Will have to hire a Geek to sort it out one day the young fella is only 5.

Empathies mate....had just finished Cat 5 wiring for my boys' computers in our house in Oz .......sweating and swearing... covered in itching fibreglass, gyproc etc not to mention setting up MS home fricking network......my neighbor was a MS certified guy and spent hours trying to do it without success..managed it myself somehow in the end .....then I found out how cheap WIFI was....dugh.

...just thinking when a Jap 6 transistor radio under the blankets was entertainment enough..always had a flashing display on my VCR too!.....lol

I too have just bought a cheapy Android clone primarily as an e-reader... mind blowing what stuff does eh?