The Ryder Cup Result

meatboy

The most amazing Ryder Cup come back of all time, played against a background crowd who were passionate for the USA and booed good shots by the Europeans. Winning 8 of the 12 matches was a fantastic feat by anyone's standards. Rory McIlroy only arrived with 8 minutes to spare and scoffed a chocolate bar for breakfast on the tee off green and oh that putt that poor Tiger missed. Never mind USA, you'll get another chance in two years time and I'm sure TV members will be more gracious in defeat than the crowd at Medinah. wink.png

• Like 2

Sensational comeback from the European team. Several riveting hours of tension as the impossible began to seem possible. USA will wonder how they lost it as several of the Europeans like the magnificent Poulter, Rose and Garcia snatched victories on the 18th. With 2 games left 13 all and Kaymer won the 17th which meant he just needed a half at the last to get Europe to 14 and retain the cup. He made only after Stricker sank a 9/10 footer to make all Europeans watching nervous wrecks. Woods was 1 up on Molinari going to the 18th. Kaymer sank the 7 footer and the celebrations began. After missing his putt Woods conceded on the last so Molinari got a half and ensured Europe won.

• Like 1

For anyone who couldn't stay up, it's currently being shown on True channel 111........just started on until 2pm.

I think I'll watch the second half again and pay better attention to the Americans faces.

just watch phil's antics on the 16th when he holed out thinking he was 2up with 2 to play,only for justin rose to hole a long un,then he took the smile off his face with a 20footer on the 17th now its all square,then what did j.r.do birdied the last to win by 1.im so excited its running down my leg.
  • Like 1

For anyone who couldn't stay up, it's currently being shown on True channel 111........just started on until 2pm.

I think I'll watch the second half again and pay better attention to the Americans faces.

And the whole thing should be repeated in full again on True HD and the Golf Channel at 6pm tonight!

I was going to congratulate the European team until I read this thread and saw all the Yank bashing.

My congratulations to the European team for a well earned victory...but the thread posters here are no better than the Yank fans they criticize.

You don't need to blister me. I won't bother with this thread again.

Edited by chuckd

I was going to congratulate the European team until I read this thread and saw all the Yank bashing.

My congratulations to the European team for a well earned victory...but the thread posters here are no better than the Yank fans they criticize.

You obviously never watched the match or you would have noticed all the booing that took place when Euro's did well. That's not 'yank bashing' it's a fact.

Boy you are a sore loser, just like those fans.laugh.png

• Like 2

Fantastic win for Europe, Deservedly So, Great Golf by all and the Best Final Day ever!! Shame it was slightly spoilt by such poor behaviour from the American supporters, as said below, there is no room for behaviour such as that in golf of this magnitude, almost wishing for Europe to behave the same way to the Americans in 2 years’ time, but for sure they will not lower themselves to that level!!!!

Edited by pattayapip

You obviously never watched the match or you would have noticed all the booing that took place when Euro's did well. That's not 'yank bashing' it's a fact.

Boy you are a sore loser, just like those fans.laugh.png

+1

almost wishing for Europe to behave the same way to the Americans in 2 years’ time, but for sure they will not lower themselves to that level!!!!

I know what you mean, but as you said we they will not lower themselves! thumbsup.gif

And we will not miss you!

Phil Mickleson was a true Gent, showed his Quality with the way he took the unexpected loss to Justin Rose, Quality Guy deserves respect.

All in All, Best Final Day i have ever watched, Hats off to all the Players

Edited by pattayapip

The American players are true gentlemen, but some of the American crowd were appalling, When Martin kaymer had to make the put to win on the last , There was shouting , But never mind he was tough enough to hole it,

And this one was for you Seve, The guy who made European Golf and it's success what it is today.

• Like 1

I didn't get to see any of it.......thanks for the reviews. Sounds like real entertaining golf. Sad to hear about the crowd though. Not only golf.....that sort of behaviour should not be tolerated in any spectator sport, those people should've been frog-marched off the course, never to return.

And let's not gloss over the fact that some of the European "fans" were guilty of the same behaviour.

Unfortunately this event has attracted witless "sports fans" from both sides of the pond, and I'm betting most of them have never set foot on a golf course in anger.

And to be perfectly honest, when the players from both sides were having to ask the fans to shut the f*** up while their opponents play, they are going to have to look seriously at how to keep this sort of scum off the course. Alcohol doesn't help, of course, it was noticeably worse on the afternoons on days one and two, fortunately the European golfers silenced most of the "U-S-A" boo-boys yesterday.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

i have got a message from monty for you oh i cant,may i suggest you watch the replay and come back after a cold shower.cheesy.gif

Of Course Woods has never been an epitomy of "sporting Behavior" Such a delight to see his miserable 3 days and his downfall is complete , a great in the image of Jack Nicklaus he aint

Long lives the spirit of the great Severiano Ballesteros an inspiration to all the European players and proves the strength of European golf with so many outstanding players.

Edited by KKvampire
  • Like 2

My disfavour of Tiger Woods was enhanced by the way he conceeded to Molinari. Graceful acceptance of defeat it wasn't.

I'm sorry, I don't see this.

(1) He didn't get "defeated" it was halved.

(2) By conceding he handed the outright win to the Europeans.

He's probably going to get rampant abuse from so-called fans for that, and his Ryder Cup form will have the media vultures circling already.

Generally, I thought it was all quite sporting between the players, I only saw a couple of examples of unnecessary crowd baiting from the players, mostly the US, and I don't think it helped them in the end; certainly Watson has always been one of the worst culprits and in the end he couldn't handle the pressure he placed on himself.

But it's such a shame that the chavs, European and American, have discovered another mythical testosterone-fuelled piss up at which to vent their spleen and demonstrate that they have the intellectual and emotional development of a retarded amoeba.

• Like 2

I disagree. Throw the wanke_rs out!

It seemed to happen at lot in the US Open Tennis final, I'm not sure why there is this breed of simian that feels the need to shout out their opinions, especially when there wasn't even an American player in it.

They should have been ejected from the stadium.

It isn't any form of supporting sportsmen, women, clubs or countries; it's just idiotic behaviour from people who, as one commentator elegantly and diplomatically put it, "weren't hugged enough as a child".

• Like 1