The Ryder Cup Result

meatboy

It's impossible to rid sports of these people, football has had the problem for ever and it still goes on, it will always be there, no idea what the answer is!

there has always in football been this rivalry between fans and players,but over the last 30-40 yrs it has crept into snooker with the odd drunk being thrown out of the arena,you had it in darts,who can forget the great alan evans and eric bristow bust up but it was always there when wales met england never mind what sport,then there is tennis where some loud mouth has got to hear is own voice above every one else,then someone from the other side chips in.what i saw some of the american ryder team doing when europe were getting stuffed was trying to whip people into a frenzy,they didnt have to go that far as most of the crowd was almost there,as the saying goes its never over till the fat lady sings,it would have been great to see all those american fans faces as they were leaving but i wouldnt think there would be many if any replays on usa spots channels[.poor tiger you did the right thing]

On saturday afternoon when the USA went up 10-4,, with all the dancing and yelling on the 18th green, Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson decided to hold a prayer meeting with their wifes and caddys in the middle of the green with more matches coming in !!!! This was the final straw for me and I will never cheer for Bubba again. Sundays single matches were the best Ryder Cup golf ,, ever,, absolute magic.

On saturday afternoon when the USA went up 10-4,, with all the dancing and yelling on the 18th green, Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson decided to hold a prayer meeting with their wifes and caddys in the middle of the green with more matches coming in !!!! This was the final straw for me and I will never cheer for Bubba again. Sundays single matches were the best Ryder Cup golf ,, ever,, absolute magic.

an example of fair play always used to be at rugby league finals,anyone who saw the nrl play off between the bulldogs and the storm on sunday would have seen 80,000 + fans of which 80% were bulldog supporters,the dogs were outplayed the whole game and never looked like winning,apart from a heated exchange between players it was played with passion and fair play and the fans were impeccable,but some of the american team nead to take a long look in the mirror and apologise to their team captain.

I don't think you can blame the players, in the height of excitement all thought of others can disappear momentarily, I am sure all golfers caught up in this type of excitement have done the same thing at some point, the Ryder cup is like no other with fans driving the excitement to high levels where it makes the participants do things they would not normally consider doing!! Both teams played great golf, the pressure got to the USA team more than it did for team Europe, awesome Ryder cup throughout but the last day singles were something else!!

As for fans shouting out most of it is down to alcohol some down to just being an ignorant dick head, they only shout out after the ball has been hit so there is no outright desire to put off the player! Still not right but that is life!

Edited by kawapower

I think I am right in saying that team Europe were all over the 18th green while 2 players were waiting to hit there 2nd and final shots into that green!! everyone does it, it does not mean it was done on purpose, the excitement took over and any thought for others momentarily disappeared!!

I think I am right in saying that team Europe were all over the 18th green while 2 players were waiting to hit there 2nd and final shots into that green!! everyone does it, it does not mean it was done on purpose, the excitement took over and any thought for others momentarily disappeared!!

The competition was over at that point.

As opposed to Brookline where the result was still in the balance.

Can not see how that makes a difference, it's about showing respect to the players who have not yet finished there round!!

The 2 players waiting wanted to beat each other so no the competition was not over for them!!

Edited by kawapower

Can not see how that makes a difference, it's about showing respect to the players who have not yet finished there round!!

The 2 players waiting wanted to beat each other so no the competition was not over for them!!

At Brookline they were trampling all over a player's line before he'd even taken his putt. You can't see the difference?

Anyway, have a hoot at this:

Ryder Cup all but locked up for U.S.

Originally Published: September 29, 2012By Gene Wojciechowski | ESPN.com

MEDINAH, Ill. -- For those who think this Ryder Cup is finished, think again. Team Europe can still win if the following five things happen Sunday:

-- Keegan Bradley is abducted.

-- Team USA captain Davis Love III inserts Cup spectators Michael Jordan, President George W. Bush, Amy Mickelson and the Rev. Jesse Jackson into the singles lineup.

-- Lee Westwood: U.S. citizen.

-- Marty McFly shows Team Europe captain Jose Maria Olazabal how to go back in time. ...

http://espn.go.com/g...p-all-locked-us

Edited by Chicog

My disfavour of Tiger Woods was enhanced by the way he conceeded to Molinari. Graceful acceptance of defeat it wasn't.

I'm sorry, I don't see this.

(1) He didn't get "defeated" it was halved.

(2) By conceding he handed the outright win to the Europeans.

He's probably going to get rampant abuse from so-called fans for that, and his Ryder Cup form will have the media vultures circling already.

Generally, I thought it was all quite sporting between the players, I only saw a couple of examples of unnecessary crowd baiting from the players, mostly the US, and I don't think it helped them in the end; certainly Watson has always been one of the worst culprits and in the end he couldn't handle the pressure he placed on himself.

But it's such a shame that the chavs, European and American, have discovered another mythical testosterone-fuelled piss up at which to vent their spleen and demonstrate that they have the intellectual and emotional development of a retarded amoeba.

Read what I wrote again. I didn't say that Woods had been defeated but for sure his spirit had gone for a walk. You have misinterpreted and what I meant that he couldn't accept defeat of his team - and he must know that he must shoulder a great deal of the blame for that. For me his team came second, but he is a loser and an ungracious one at that.

Read what I wrote again. I didn't say that Woods had been defeated but for sure his spirit had gone for a walk. You have misinterpreted and what I meant that he couldn't accept defeat of his team - and he must know that he must shoulder a great deal of the blame for that. For me his team came second, but he is a loser and an ungracious one at that.

I don't call it ungracious to concede a difficult putt and gift the win to Europe. I call it quite magnanimous of him.

He's never performed well in the Ryder Cup, and I don't think he ever will. I don't know why they keep picking him. By the same token I was surprised at Garcia being there, he's been off the boil since missing a putt to win The Open, but in this contest he flourishes.

I don't call it ungracious to concede a difficult putt and gift the win to Europe. I call it quite magnanimous of him.

He's never performed well in the Ryder Cup, and I don't think he ever will. I don't know why they keep picking him. By the same token I was surprised at Garcia being there, he's been off the boil since missing a putt to win The Open, but in this contest he flourishes.

The look on Wood's face says otherwise to me. Look at this and then compare it with the demeanour of Woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKNIMloVXHI

Woods has never comported himself in the way that Nicklaus, Palmer, Crenshaw, Watson and others of yesteryear did. He has never followed in their footsteps, in fact he isn't even in the same country. Check out the final scenes of the great battle that Watson and Nicklaus had over the final round of The Open in 1977 now known as 'The Duel in the Sun'. Such sportsmanship that has endeared them to true lovers of gold worldwide.

A sign of the times I fear that Woods cannot bring himself to set such a fine example as those two golfing giants. Does he not realise that youngsters are going to mimic him and think that it is an acceptable way to behave? To counter any thoughts that people might think I am singling out Woods I would add that I was never a fan of Montgomerie either and his storming off after losing out to Els in the playoff for the 1994 US Open was reprehensible.

In sharp contrast Mickelson shone like a beacon of correctness and his response to Rose's monster putt on the 17th a fine, but nowadys a rare, example of the spirit in which the game should be played.

• Like 1