German Tourist Stabbed To Death In Samui

I would think highly likely passed out due to blood loss whilst fleeing. Stab victims often dont know they have been stabbed.
doesn't it hurt???????????
Adrenelin masks the pain for a while, part of the fight or flight defensive mechanism. Soldiers in war can sometimes be shot and not know it, part of my training in the Australian navy was to watch war footage, some of the things people can do even when seriously injured is truly amazing.

looking movies , or as you call it footage, is a bit different from real life

I know, I am sure that there are people aside from myself here who have found themselves in situations where an injury was sustained in a stressful moment and not known about it till some time later.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont put my foot on Samui anymore, full of mafia, thai and farang and stupid backpacers drinking whatever is given to them. My daughters have strict orders from dad, stay away from Pukhet and Samui. This two places are now becoming danger spots for foreigners, whatever the thai tourist board is trying make u believe. I have seen over the years, that Thailand, from beeing a very safe place to have your hollyday or to retier to, have become quite a dangerous place. And please dont come with that shit that other places are changing as well,we are now talking about Thailand. Killings, murders are now everyday news . This country is slowly becoming a dangerous place to visit and to stay,and i think statistic will prove me right. But i guess the thais will never release a statistic which shows the thruth. Yes i can move, and yes i am considering this, and so are a lot of peoplei know.

Could not agree more..... Choice is made..... Back home to educate the kid..... and give him a better chance.....

Love this country for many reasons.... I live and work up north.....

But, yeah... time has come.... as the brigade of the "if you are not happy just go"......

Ok, Krap!!!!! gap Bahn leo..... Krap

I would think highly likely passed out due to blood loss whilst fleeing. Stab victims often dont know they have been stabbed.
Adrenelin masks the pain for a while, part of the fight or flight defensive mechanism. Soldiers in war can sometimes be shot and not know it, part of my training in the Australian navy was to watch war footage, some of the things people can do even when seriously injured is truly amazing.

looking movies , or as you call it footage, is a bit different from real life

Suggest you stop looking at them to help you understand what the guy/gal above said is correct.

• Like 1

"Chaweng Cherngmont Road" - there is no such road here. It could be misspelling for Choengmon Rd

"The investigation team believes the victim was in a bar or restaurant and got into a brawl." - Any bases for these assumptions/believes? Is it because all farang go to bars, get drunk and are likely to get into brawls? It sounds like the police are already trying to put some blame on the victim. Why don't they "believe" that the jet-ski mafia stabbed him for refusing to be extorted for "damages" for instance? From my experience on Samui this would be more likely reason for a tourist to be stabbed.

"They believe Thomas was equal to flee on his bike, but fell where he was found." - Does anybody get that? Do they mean perhaps that he was capable of fleeing but fell of the bike and died? Again, it sounds a bit like his fault that he died. The word "murder" doesn't even show up in this report although that is pretty obvious. I'm quite sure this case will never be solved by our brave, "user pay" police at Samui. Dead tourists don't pay their fees so who would give a dam_n? Sorry for the victim. RIP.

Translated from - http://www.asien-new...h-samui-9/14949

Thailand A German tourist was killed on the island of Koh Samui in the early hours of Friday - he was stabbed.

Police said they received a report of a stabbing in the hospital at 1:30 am today. At the hospital, they found the body of 49 - year-old DC Thomas, a German national. The police found three stab wounds to the neck and head, and on either side of his ribs. There were also bruises on his body.

His wallet contained 4,000 baht cash, four credit cards and an international driving license. It seemed, therefore, not a robbery to act.

Koh Samui

The hospital staff told police that Thomas was found next to a brand new DC bike on the Chaweng Cherngmont Road in Tambon Bo Phut. He was taken to hospital but died on the way. The doctor called the police after finding the knife wounds.

The investigation team believes the victim was in a bar or restaurant and got into a brawl.They believe Thomas was equal to flee on his bike, but fell where he was found.

So did he die from motor bike accident or was he stabbed to death.

Dumb question.

• Like 2

hmm thailand, a dangerous place or just attract living dangerously?

Hang out until the early hours and get into pub brawls and you massively increase your chances of getting killed.This is one particular bar, not Thailand.

And what particular bar would that be then.

Alcohol, drugs, always a bad mix, and when the gander is up, shit happens. I have never met a German without an opinion (mostly fairly aggressive ones at that). If a Thai was involved then insults would lead to retribution. If another Farang was involved then the booze (or drugs) may well have been the cause. A new bike crashed - so was he a local - renters rent clunkers mostly not new bikes. If he crashed it, chances are he was on his way for some help meaning the attack took place prior. If the bike crashed and he was set upon, there is usually other evidence. But whatever is revealed, could probably remain unsolved.

Dear Mr. AsiaWATCHER, will you please STOP this ASSUMING <deleted>, before we have ANY more information?

There is always somebody like YOU starting with.....must be the drugs....or the alcohol.... Until NOW, I read NOTHING about drugs, alcohol,

another farang or Thai involved.....but for sure in the following post we will learn a lot more from that you started, because some members NEVER read properly, they see only YOUR ...must be drugs or alcohol... and in the next post he was totally drunk on jaba and it was his fault....

Btw, I feel offended also as a German living here....so if you say ALL germans are always agressive, is it not the same like ALL Swedes are always drunk, ALL English always looking for trouble or ALL frensh always eating frogs? ....

May be ALL of us should stop until we learn exactly .....as far as possible in Thailand.....what really happend. And please, do not forget that family and friends of the guy reading threads like this too..

May he rest in Peace, my condolences to his family and friends

Asianwatcher, its somewhat ironic that you say:

"I have never met a German without an opinion"

You are possibly the most opinionated "Aging expat" (as you call yourself) on this forum.

This poor guys been stabbed in the head and died. Please show some respect.

Edited by Pui
  • Like 2

It just underlines the fact that the type of argument that you might get involved in back home is, in fact, a threat to your very life here in Thailand.

Get involved in an argument with a Thai bloke, and you can be sure that it will very quickly develop into something other than the original one-on-one. That's when these "men" get dangerous and have no qualms about sticking a knife into you!

Stay away from these places and make sure you keep below the local boys radar.

I dont put my foot on Samui anymore, full of mafia, thai and farang and stupid backpackers drinking whatever is given to them. My daughters have strict orders from dad, stay away from Pukhet and Samui. This two places are now becoming danger spots for foreigners, whatever the thai tourist board is trying make u believe. I have seen over the years, that Thailand, from being a very safe place to have your holiday or to retire to, have become quite a dangerous place. And please don't come with that other places are changing as well,we are now talking about Thailand. Killings, murders are now everyday news . This country is slowly becoming a dangerous place to visit and to stay,and i think statistic will prove me right. But i guess the thais will never release a statistic which shows the truth. Yes i can move, and yes i am considering this, and so are a lot of people know.

i CAME FROM Australia 3 years ago , and now I am thinking of going back..Don't get me wrong , Thailand is a wonderful place 10 years ago , but what happened ! It is not the Thailand I knew before . So sad .I can go to Malaysia and get a 10 year visa and other benefits. I wanted to come to Thailand and did .But it has changed so much .

• Like 2

Hang out until the early hours and get into pub brawls and you massively increase your chances of getting killed.This is one particular bar, not Thailand.

this is one particular bar IN Thailand

Alcohol, drugs, always a bad mix, and when the gander is up, shit happens. I have never met a German without an opinion (mostly fairly aggressive ones at that). If a Thai was involved then insults would lead to retribution. If another Farang was involved then the booze (or drugs) may well have been the cause. A new bike crashed - so was he a local - renters rent clunkers mostly not new bikes. If he crashed it, chances are he was on his way for some help meaning the attack took place prior. If the bike crashed and he was set upon, there is usually other evidence. But whatever is revealed, could probably remain unsolved.

At seems not only Germans have a opinion…You have actually quite a few as well.LOL

Seriously....after years of reading this forum, no matter what the news..the gossip here is the worst..along with the condescending over Thai people whether its warranted or not. If you think Thailand and its people are so backwards then pack up and go home to your own heathen country. I can hardly think of anywhere in this world that's "safe" and civil these days. Considering all the dam_n yahoos from around the globe that congregate I'm surprised crime is as low as it is. The comments in these forums at times are typical of low IQ, high self importance and missing self esteem. Spending time bashing others takes the focus off your own inadequacies... if you want to change the world, look in the mirror.

I can hardly think of anywhere in this world that's "safe" and civil these days.

I spent March in Tokyo. It was safe and very civil.

Individuals being stabbed in the head and dying is scarry horror movie stuff and people are natrally shocked.

What ever happened to the Famous American movie star who hanged himself in a closet in BKK last year? Have they figured that one out yet?

Better check your news its been a few years since the grass hopper off hisself. I have been to a lot of seaside towns and cities over the years but they do tend to attract a certain type of visitor who can find trouble when others cannot. Best wishes to the deceased family in their time of loss

The Australian lady recently stabbed in Phuket and who died shortly afterwards didn't realize she was stabbed until a few moments after the fact, according to the news articles!

• Like 1

Don't know they have been stabbed?? I was stabbed in Vietnam and felt every milimeter of that bayonet........most likely he was pretty drunk, and the flight or fight reaction was slow to kick in, IF the BiB do a proper investigtion and it doesn't rain, there will be a blood trail to follow - that will determine if he was kniced at the Bar or where they found him, if where they found him, the perp would have at least took his wallet to make it look like a robbery.........thumbsup.gif

It's possible to drown in much less water than that.

Yea, if you're retarded...or someone holds you there.

During D-Day many Allied paratroopers drowned in a lot less water, due their heavy packs they were carrying and the area where they were dropped was flooded. I wouldn't call these guys retarded. Any amount of water that covers your nose and mouth is sufficient for you to drown.

Its a shame that there arent enough police patrols at night.

Its hard to watch teenagers with no helmets riding past police and the police do nothing as it doesnt add to their paycheck, as meager as it is.

At night time, police are as rare as a Tasmanian Tiger, unless they do the occasional roadblocks.

Its hard to want/expect the same policing as we have back home, but surely there must come a breaking point somewhere!

Whatever happend to Mr Thomas is a tragedy and I hope he R.I.P.

Don't know they have been stabbed?? I was stabbed in Vietnam and felt every milimeter of that bayonet........most likely he was pretty drunk, and the flight or fight reaction was slow to kick in, IF the BiB do a proper investigtion and it doesn't rain, there will be a blood trail to follow - that will determine if he was kniced at the Bar or where they found him, if where they found him, the perp would have at least took his wallet to make it look like a robbery.........thumbsup.gif

Nobody has claimed EVERYBODY who is stabbed doesn't feel it immediately after being stabbed, but many do not, many think they have been punched.

The Australian lady recently stabbed in Phuket and who died shortly afterwards didn't realize she was stabbed until a few moments after the fact, according to the news articles!

I read stories about ppl in the first worldwar running with just one leg left after the other was ripped away in shelling and i not doubt it a second....the victim has realized that his leg was gone when he was safe under a bridge.... terrible stories.

when my best friend died in a motobike accident in Sri Lanka it was the same, when I saw his wounds later in hospital I was shocked but very surprised that he got up, after the accident, walked about 40m back to the street, sit in a chair and smoked a cigarette when he was bleeding to death....he drove in a wall with bricks and barbed wire with around 100km/h

but btw, I never heard of stabwounds to the head...

Edited by moskito

Translated from - http://www.asien-new...h-samui-9/14949

Thailand A German tourist was killed on the island of Koh Samui in the early hours of Friday - he was stabbed.

Police said they received a report of a stabbing in the hospital at 1:30 am today. At the hospital, they found the body of 49 - year-old DC Thomas, a German national. The police found three stab wounds to the neck and head, and on either side of his ribs. There were also bruises on his body.

His wallet contained 4,000 baht cash, four credit cards and an international driving license. It seemed, therefore, not a robbery to act.

Koh Samui

The hospital staff told police that Thomas was found next to a brand new DC bike on the Chaweng Cherngmont Road in Tambon Bo Phut. He was taken to hospital but died on the way. The doctor called the police after finding the knife wounds.

The investigation team believes the victim was in a bar or restaurant and got into a brawl.They believe Thomas was equal to flee on his bike, but fell where he was found.

Google translate sucks, the mans name was Thomas Gleich not DC Thomas and he was not riding a brand new DC motorcycle.

In this link

http://www.asien-new...-ermordet/15002

They are saying that the police thinks that the wounds may have been caused by the road fence when he fell of the bike.

The road that he died on has a some sections with nasty barbwire.

The photo in the article is not from that road.

In this link

http://www.asien-new...-ermordet/15002

They are saying that the police thinks that the wounds may have been caused by the road fence when he fell of the bike.

The road that he died on has a some sections with nasty barbwire.

The photo in the article is not from that road.

Still, there will be a difference between barb wire wounds and stab wounds, and the doctor apparently called the police because of stab wounds!