Thai Cider

glanville63

I saw an advert in a bar for Thai Cider. It said they have been making it for 4 years now. I asked the bar owner how much it cost and he showed me a small bottle about 2/3rd the size of a small Leo and said it was 85 baht. I thought that was expensive ??

I saw an advert in a bar for Thai Cider. It said they have been making it for 4 years now. I asked the bar owner how much it cost and he showed me a small bottle about 2/3rd the size of a small Leo and said it was 85 baht. I thought that was expensive ??

the only one i have seen advertised is tnc in small bottles which i think went on sale about 18months ago.but to make good cider you need bitter-sweet apples.

If I was found drinking cider we'd be in Zumerset or Glorious Devon. What would be in my straight glass would be scrumpy, gravity fed out of an oak barrel. Pissed in half the time and at much lower cost. A few crumbs of what was once a 'tiddy oggie' would remain on my plate.

we sell it and its a 300ml bottle at 80 baht

it is made with imported apples that is why they cant get the cost any lower

• Like 1

If I was found drinking cider we'd be in Zumerset or Glorious Devon. What would be in my straight glass would be scrumpy, gravity fed out of an oak barrel. Pissed in half the time and at much lower cost. A few crumbs of what was once a 'tiddy oggie' would remain on my plate.

i have drunk enough of that in my time,i used to have to tie the bottom of my trousers when going home when the indian curry met the cider.used to sing all day to the wurzels,still do now and then.
  • Like 2

Try this lot, great cider and only about 60 Baht a bottle : http://www.tropicalcider.com/

the only one i have seen advertised is tnc in small bottles which i think went on sale about 18months ago.but to make good cider you need bitter-sweet apples.

I have tried that TNC and it's very nice. Reminds me of strongbow cider.

When TNC first came out, the bottles used to explode. Maybe they should of named TNT. whistling.gif

When TNC first came out, the bottles used to explode. Maybe they should of named TNT. whistling.gif

what is the alc/vol %?john keplers is one of the best ciders i have had at 6% 6-8 500ml cans is enough for me now.so tnc at 60bht for 300ml is the same costing.20bht per 100ml.dont know if its available north east[korat]

what is the alc/vol %?john keplers is one of the best ciders i have had at 6% 6-8 500ml cans is enough for me now.so tnc at 60bht for 300ml is the same costing.20bht per 100ml.dont know if its available north east[korat]

This is what i can find on TNC.

Quick Details

Product Type: Beverage. Alcohol Content (%): 5.5. Volume (L): 300. Age: Adults. Packaging: Glass Bottle. Shelf Life: 1 year. Place of Origin: Chon Buri Thailand. Brand Name: TNC. Packaging: Bottle. Alcohol Content (%): 5.5. Taste: Dry and Sweet.

Packaging & Delivery. Packaging Detail: Bottled Cider 300ml in cases of 24 Delivery Detail: Varies on quantitys

Specifications

TNC. Thai Natural Cider, Thailands 1st Cider with a Tropical twist,Clean Refreshing and Seriously Strong Cider, Bottled in 300ml

TNC. Thai Natural Cider, Thailands 1st Cider with a tropical, Clean Refreshing and Seriously Strong Cider, Dont be left behind and miss out on this number one Cider. 1 of the Directors is a Professor in 1 of the most famous and revered brewing university's in Europe.

This is the only site i can visit.......my work is blocking all the rest.

Edited by dean999

Interesting topic, I am from Devon and lived and worked in Asia since 1977 and I miss my Cider, so much so that on one of my very rare visits to the UK a couple of months ago, I visited a small but very successful family run Cider producer close to Exeter, who are regularly scooping major prizes in the UK. They even supply to Marks and Spencer's.

The area they are located is perfect with apple orchards almost everywhere and they have a selection of over 200 varieties to work from. I managed to agree with them to act as the distributor in China, Hong Kong and Macao.

The brand Sandford Orchards contain no additives and come in 500 ml bottles as well as 30L disposable kegs and my initial marketing in China tells me that the equivalent of 160 baht a bottle is well accepted.

Remember you pay top dollar for quality and quality is certainly not a word used with such brands as Strongbow and Magners, they are massed produced and contain more chemicals and additives than apples.

Anyone want to be the Thai sub distributor PM me but there will be conditions applied.

Try this lot, great cider and only about 60 Baht a bottle : http://www.tropicalcider.com/

that is the cider we are talking about TNC Tropical Nuclear Cider

re.

anyone tried any other good local ciders?

if you want to try something that looks like cider , tastes like cider

and has a kick like a mule try siam sato at 25 baht a large bottle

from most 7 eleven

enjoy .. dave2

ps ... 25 baht is not a mistake ! ... its 25 baht a bottle and 8 % alcahol : )

post-42592-0-89260600-1349227215_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

re.

from most 7 eleven

enjoy .. dave2

just on my way round after breakfast,before i got contacts for imported cider i was given some locally made stuff,talking about blowing your head off i drank 2btls.each 2lts.it rendered me unconcious about 30%alc.never had it since.i hope this stuff at 7 eleven is not what they use to light fires.

Interesting topic, I am from Devon and lived and worked in Asia since 1977 and I miss my Cider, so much so that on one of my very rare visits to the UK a couple of months ago, I visited a small but very successful family run Cider producer close to Exeter, who are regularly scooping major prizes in the UK. They even supply to Marks and Spencer's.

The area they are located is perfect with apple orchards almost everywhere and they have a selection of over 200 varieties to work from. I managed to agree with them to act as the distributor in China, Hong Kong and Macao.

The brand Sandford Orchards contain no additives and come in 500 ml bottles as well as 30L disposable kegs and my initial marketing in China tells me that the equivalent of 160 baht a bottle is well accepted.

Remember you pay top dollar for quality and quality is certainly not a word used with such brands as Strongbow and Magners, they are massed produced and contain more chemicals and additives than apples.

Anyone want to be the Thai sub distributor PM me but there will be conditions applied.

Maybe talk to the Beervana lot?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect App

Purely in the interest of scientific research, I bought a bottle of Siam Sato this evening and tried it. It's not bad. Maybe a little sweet, something like a Mouselle but not quite Sauterne and if you treat it as a wine and serve it well chilled in a large wine glass, you'll be pleasantly surprised. At 25 baht for 800 ml and 8% strength, it's certainly good value. Thanks dave 2.

malee apple juice about 50b a litre

5ltr water container

yeast from ebay - have international sellers, cheap postage or just use some bakers yeast

bit of sugar to give it a bit of fizz at the bottling stage

rinse and repeat (actually, don't rinse it as you will wash all the yeast away) can keep on making more cider without having to use new yeast - although at some point will become infected

2 weeks later you'll have some drinkable fizzy cider - nice over some ice

Siam Sato is rank - but might be ok if its warmed up and drank like its sakai with some sushi I always though

re.

from most 7 eleven

enjoy .. dave2

god, i have to dig this outsick.gif . i read this and bought the siam sato all excited from 7-11.

i know it cost only like 25 baht, but it taste nothing like cider, doesnt even look like cider! this siam sato really really stinkssick.gifsick.gifsick.gif