Do Thais Believe In Aliens?

Vale Tudo

Do you believe in Aliens O.P ? personally i think that anyone that believes someone is travelling hundreds of light years and billions of miles to land in the outback and give people an anal probe has a screw loose.rolleyes.gif

I believe Steven Hawking no less has proclaimed that with the billions of stars and galaxies out there,it would just be mathematically impossible for no other life to exist.Who am I to argue?whistling.gif

Oh i believe there is life out there ,i just think anyone who thinks they travel for light years and billions of miles to get to earth and then just fly around us are crazy.

I believe there are two possibilities, we are the only life in the universe which most likely means the god hypothesis is correct or life evolved naturally and there is no reason not to believe it has not arisen elsewhere. I suppose a third possibility is that there is a god and he created life in more than one place. Things like the supposed Roswell alien spaceship crash i find amusing. Let's face it how can you believe that a super advanced life form which has presumably conqured faster than light travel made it across the incredible distances of the galaxy to get here and then they crashed??

Edited by canman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ET's are very similar to religious deities in that you can neither prove nor disprove their existence with absolute certainty. Personally, I believe that the chance of man one day discovering life on another planet is greater than man ever being able to prove the existence of a religious God. But hey, faith and all that.

• Like 1

Do you believe in Aliens O.P ? personally i think that anyone that believes someone is travelling hundreds of light years and billions of miles to land in the outback and give people an anal probe has a screw loose.rolleyes.gif

I believe Steven Hawking no less has proclaimed that with the billions of stars and galaxies out there,it would just be mathematically impossible for no other life to exist.Who am I to argue?whistling.gif

Oh i believe there is life out there ,i just think anyone who thinks they travel for light years and billions of miles to get to earth and then just fly around us are crazy.

I believe there are two possibilities, we are the only life in the universe which most likely means the god hypothesis is correct or life evolved naturally and there is no reason not to believe it has not arisen elsewhere. I suppose a third possibility is that there is a god and he created life in more than one place. Things like the supposed Roswell alien spaceship crash i find amusing. Let's face it how can you believe that a super advanced life form which has presumably conqured faster than light travel made it across the incredible distances of the galaxy to get here and then they crashed??

Maybe they weren't carrying enough spare parts !

Thai driver?

There is a Thai website that claims to track aliens that they say land on a mountain here somewhere, sorry don't have the link but should come up in Google. So yes there are Thai UFO believers, but why wouldn't there be?

Mars bars are proof that aliens live amongst us yet mean us no harm! biggrin.png

Go Go bars are proof that aliens weren't kind enough to teach us the hottest dance moves in the universe. sad.png

Especially the drunk blokes who get up and think they can dance.

Hey careful now, that's me you're talking about. :(

re.

Posted Today, 10:05

snapback.pngripstanley, on 2012-10-03 19:28:25, said:

The Thai word for aliens must be Farang

no, that would be derogatory

heres their interpretation of the word at a meeting between chiang mai

immigration the labour departent and a group of foreigners ( me included ) in june 11

dave2

post-42592-0-37207000-1349356611_thumb.j

Thus far I have only seen bad quality pictures taken in a cave somewhere and a picture of something that looks like a buffalo fallen from a plane. Would love to study more detailed reports but it seems I have to wait for the next visit.

This thread prompted me to conduct a study.

My wife believes in aliens, my sister in-law does not. Based on the replies given by the two people surveyed, both of whom believe in ghosts, it can be concluded that 50% of Thais who believe in ghosts also believe in aliens. Neither, however, had ever seen an alien and only one had actually encountered a ghost (or so she said).

• Like 2

re.

Posted Today, 10:05

snapback.pngripstanley, on 2012-10-03 19:28:25, said:

The Thai word for aliens must be Farang

no, that would be derogatory

heres their interpretation of the word at a meeting between chiang mai

immigration the labour departent and a group of foreigners ( me included ) in june 11

dave2

Anyone want to have a go at what they mean by 'a natural person'?

re.

Anyone want to have a go at what they mean by 'a natural person'?

the way i see it .. read it ... they mean any human being who is not thai

but if they would put the welcome mat out if any one of these landed

on doi suthep who knows ?

enjoy .. dave2 : )

post-42592-0-78112100-1349411365_thumb.j

post-42592-0-85694300-1349411425_thumb.j

post-42592-0-25724700-1349411477_thumb.j

post-42592-0-93950200-1349411509_thumb.j

post-42592-0-13656500-1349411694_thumb.j

ET's are very similar to religious deities in that you can neither prove nor disprove their existence with absolute certainty. Personally, I believe that the chance of man one day discovering life on another planet is greater than man ever being able to prove the existence of a religious God. But hey, faith and all that.

It's a shame you didn't structure the first part as a question because you would have also provided the answer.