Biometric Reidence Permits

Hi could anyone tell me if my friends wife requires this before she can apply for ILR, her qualifiying period is the 22nd Oct 2012, she entered the UK 22nd Oct 2010, also my friend has criminal convictions but not serious drunk disordely etc from a long time ago does he have to declare all convictions or are they classed as spent over a period of time.

I am assisting him with his/her application as I did my own July 2011 but I can not recall this part of the application form, any help would be apprieciated.

Sorry, I don't understand either the original question or the one answer given to date.

The OP speaks of his friend's wife (presumably a Thai lady) applying for ILR, and then says that his friend has an old conviction for drunk and disorderly. I can't see any requirement on the application form for the sponsor to declare his criminal past, Section 9 just refers to the applicant and dependants:-

http://www.ukba.home...setm0420091.pdf

If I've missed something or misunderstood the OP, please correct me.

Also, Section 9 also includes this:-

Note 4 Convictions spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 need not be disclosed. More information about the Act is given

towards the end of this section.

Depending on how long ago the conviction was and the sentence handed down, a conviction "a long time ago" for D&D is more than likely "spent" and would therefore not need to be declared, even if incurred by the applicant.

Edited by Eff1n2ret

Hi thanks for the replies, sorry for the confusion, the lady in question is actully Russian but it is the same scenario as thai lady, I went back over the application & yes there is no mention of the parteners criminal convictions so that is cleared up, also when I did my Thai wifes application (July 2011 ) we never had to have a biometric pemit & still don't have one & it wasn't done at the public enquiry office on the day she applied, so I am guessing this has come into force since her application?