Once Again The Drains Did Their Work So Well

yoslim

I got back from 2nd road via soi buhakao, once again there was so much water in the street that I managed to flood my motorbike.. now I'm going to waste my whole night on the internet trying to find out how to fix it sick.gif

thank you City Hall for having taken care of the city rain drainage system, once again the Thai efficiency of dealing with recurrent problems has made wonders bah.gif Same Same as last year, nothing ever changes ermm.gif

Shurely shome mistake ?!? blink.png

It was only 2 days ago that our Lord Mayor said this:

"Mr. Ithiphol said that recent heavy rains in Pattaya and nearby areas has caused water damage in the city’s lower areas, but the city has quickly addressed problems by cleaning the garbage from the drainage pipes to let the water flow conveniently in all areas."

Makes me glad I live on a gradient.

Soi Arunothai was like a torrent last night as we sat in the bar watching the motorbikes ploughing through it. Yet 15 minutes after the rain had stopped all the water had drained away, maybe down towards Soi Buakhao and 2nd road ;)

Jomtien beach road was bad, 3rd road worse, didn't go down Bukao. I luckily have an old manual honda so gear down and rev up and i made it through about 2 foot standing water with waves. I thought it was fun

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

I would have thought that a road running parallel to a beach would be almost impossible to flood. UNLESS someone built it arse for elbow

73 mm of rain last nite in 2 hours we went into walking street parked car in the temple stuck there took baht bus home water was up to my knees on the second road junction just near walking street amazing how they cannot deal with a little rain

My house Central Pattaya use to flood very bad until 10 months ago, i got the floors dug up and proper drains put in to take this water away, Last night was the first time I was able to test if he had done his job properly - one dry house I am pleased to say.

It was a huge job at the time, I had to move out,,, but well worth it now.

• Like 1

I wouldn't count on the problem ever being fixed.

Waiting for the waters to recede may well mean waiting all night. Been there, done that. Best thing to do is soon as you see the flooding starting, get to higher ground immediately even if you're gonna be soaked along the way (though you should be carrying your rain poncho/suit at all times).

Completely pathetic, 2 hours of rain and the main entertainment areas become flooded.

Nothing changes from year to year, the powers that be have no pride and no shame!

Soi Buhakao is "the main entertainment area" ? Errrrr .......................

Completely pathetic, 2 hours of rain and the main entertainment areas become flooded.

Nothing changes from year to year, the powers that be have no pride and no shame!

Soi Buhakao is "the main entertainment area" ? Errrrr .......................

Soi Buhkoa was the only place flooded was it?? Errrrrr.........

"Mr. Ithiphol said that recent heavy rains in Pattaya and nearby areas has caused water damage in the city’s lower areas, but the city has quickly addressed problems by cleaning the garbage from the drainage pipes to let the water flow conveniently in all areas."

A "cleaning" that reportedly cost 20,000,000 (yes, twenty million) baht!

Makes me glad I live on a gradient.

Soi Arunothai was like a torrent last night as we sat in the bar watching the motorbikes ploughing through it. Yet 15 minutes after the rain had stopped all the water had drained away, maybe down towards Soi Buakhao and 2nd road wink.png

Yes and there is quite an overall slope from beach road up to sukhumvit. I usually walk down but ride up! Somewhat amazed how poorly the water drains. Curious if anybody has ever seen a schematic of the "sewar" or drainage system pipes? I know Pattaya is not a planned community and I am sure the plumbing is completely ad-hoc and bad joints and horrible junctios, but I would like to believe that it has at least been mapped out?

Well the drains are not perfect but it is more the geography and rapid expansion of Pattaya and Jomtien that is the issue, there's a really large catchment area and less and less natural soaks. The drains in Jomtien were not blocked just over-whelmed by the flow of water.

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

WOW. Any link to that info? Jacko or CT? mind blogging

WOW. Any link to that info? Jacko or CT? mind blogging

Theres a story in the news clipping thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/588893-pattaya-mayor-gets-immersed-in-storm-drain-cleaning/

Honestly, are you surprised? The apples don't fall far from the tree. Wonder how much the Godfather got?

What makes you think the powers that be give a shit about these "entertainment" area's. sooner they are gone the sooner more condo's can be built for the russians, you watch the drains get sorted then.

Edited by Spoonman

If it falls 100mm/hour it's going to flood, not just in Pattaya or Thailand. I would like to see what that amount of rain would do in my European city, or maybe not.sad.png

I think Singapore could cope, and KL and probably a number of Chinese cities in the S half of the country.

Can you imagine all the pollution that is in that water, sewage, garbage, oil, and chemicals, and for no more reason, than the government cant figure out how to get the water out to the sea.

I just go out and sit on my porch, and enjoy the rain and lightning show, I live on a slope, best decision in my life, to buy this house.