Hey

Canuck Sailor

Hey Guys

I'm a Canadian Sailor who’s going to have two weeks of leave in Thailand.

I arrive in Bangkok on the first of April and a while (when my ship gets in about two weeks) later I go to sea.

As this sea voyage looks to be quite a few months a major pre trip party is in order.

The thing is I need tips.

Where to stay;

How much to pay;

Thai Girls, Tourist Girls, and Girls I don’t know about yet;

Pitfalls, scams, dirty tricks to watch out for;

What’s the score guys?

Thanks in advance

A somewhat adrift seaman

Rob

The Vikings set sail not knowing what they would find. Columbus set sail unsure if his theories were correct. Magellan had an idea. Wilbur and Orville worked it out. Bleriot flew over the water.

Why go if you know in advance?.

Canadian sailors are wimps right?.

You write - therefore you can read and there's lots of info out there.

Oh- where's the party and are the drinks free?.

:o

The Vikings set sail not knowing what they would find. Columbus set sail unsure if his theories were correct. Magellan had an idea. Wilbur and Orville worked it out. Bleriot flew over the water.

Why go if you know in advance?.

Canadian sailors are wimps right?.

You write - therefore you can read and there's lots of info out there.

Oh- where's the party and are the drinks free?.

:o

Don’t be like that man.

I go because that's what I do.

My Internet connection is crummy to say the least.

Local area knowledge is always nice to have.

Dolphins don’t sell books.

To many times you find the realy cool place the day before you leave.

Hey Guys

I arrive in Bangkok on the first of April and a while (when my ship gets in about two weeks) later I go to sea.

As this sea voyage looks to be quite a few months a major pre trip party is in order.

Where to stay;

How much to pay;

What’s the score guys?

Thanks in advance

A somewhat adrift seaman

Rob

1st of april it will be quite hot and humid in BKK.

Instead, take a bus or (prefix the price!) taxi to Pattaya where you have at least (sometimes) a seabreeze. Book yourself a hotel (hundreds of them).

Settle yourself on an outside terrace and watch the circus..it's waiting for YOU :o

Talk to some white guys and you'll know everything within 24 hours...if not shorter.

Google a bit on 'pattaya'....you might want to take a trip to the more quiet beach island of Koh Samet, south of Pattaya, you might want to invite a nice lady on your trip..if you can find one :D she'll just love it.

good luck and have fun.

Watch your wallet :D

LaoPo

NEVER use a Tuk tuk without agreeing the price first

NEVER use drugs, even if they are offered to you for FREE

NEVER be rude or offensive when you are out on the town (and pretty well drunk) to a Thai, he may appear to be on his own ...but within minutes he will have many freinds.. In other words "Watch your mouth"

As for the girls (and I assume you are talking about Bar Girls here) ... they are everywhere. Forum rules do not allow us to discuss this part of your question... just be as careful as you would in any other part of the world

Bangkok is a pretty great City and pretty safe compared to many other capital cities in the World...IF you behave yourself and treat THE THAI people with respect. You will have a wonderful time.

For the sort of FUN you are looking to have, you can have all the fun you want in Bangkok on shore leave.

I for one certainly would not bother going to Pattya!!

Enjoy your stay

Hey Guys

Where to stay;

How much to pay;

What’s the score guys?

Thanks in advance

A somewhat adrift seaman

Rob

Instead, take a bus or (prefix the price!) taxi to Pattaya where you have at least (sometimes) a seabreeze. Book yourself a hotel (hundreds of them).

Settle yourself on an outside terrace and watch the circus..it's waiting for YOU :o

Talk to some white guys and you'll know everything within 24 hours...if not shorter.

Google a bit on 'pattaya'....you might want to take a trip to the more quiet beach island of Koh Samet, south of Pattaya, you might want to invite a nice lady on your trip..if you can find one :D she'll just love it.

good luck and have fun.

LaoPo

Are the pickpockets a problem?

About hotels I'm working from a real restrictive firewall and am having a heck of a time finding a classy(ish) girlfrendly joint in BKK and Pattaya can you recommend any likely spots?

Thxs

Ignore the comments from those who don't know it hardly ever snows in Esquimalt. :o

You should be more specific as to what kind of entertainment you want. In two weeks you could take a quick tour and see most regions of the country, or just lose your mind, wallet, and inhibitions in Pattaya or Bangkok. Telling us a bit more will help us narrow it down.

cv

Where's your ship pulling into?

I can't talk about name and movement man.

But shes real pretty.

Ignore the comments from those who don't know it hardly ever snows in Esquimalt. :o

You should be more specific as to what kind of entertainment you want. In two weeks you could take a quick tour and see most regions of the country, or just lose your mind, wallet, and inhibitions in Pattaya or Bangkok. Telling us a bit more will help us narrow it down.

cv

Somewhere down the middle, tending towards losing ones mind.

I come, I laugh, I leave.

In BKK the lady boys tend to look tourists to pick their pockets.

I don't agree with Thaipauly about Pattaya. Pattaya is a wonderful seaside resort, and not expensive. Central Pattaya is a wonderful place to stay. Try the flipperhouse hotel. They have a website and the rate is about 700 baht per night about $17.50 a night U.S. Their are plenty of beer bars in the area with girls a plenty.

Barry

You really aren't giving too much information.

What kind of a budget are you on? How much do you want to spend per night for a hotel? Do you want to be in the middle of BKK--near the night life? Where do you leave from--I assume your ship will be in the Pattaya area (Chon Buri--Rayong). All of this will help people tell you about good places to stay, close to what you want to do etc.

The big one is how much can you spend for hotel and entertainment per day etc.

Hey Guys

Where to stay;

How much to pay;

What’s the score guys?

Thanks in advance

A somewhat adrift seaman

Rob

good luck and have fun.

LaoPo

Are the pickpockets a problem?

About hotels I'm working from a real restrictive firewall and am having a heck of a time finding a classy(ish) girlfrendly joint in BKK and Pattaya can you recommend any likely spots?

Thxs

Hey, If your staying in Bangkok, I recommend the Novotel on Sukhumvit, Soi 33. It's close to everything, and the skytrain. I thing the price would be 50-75 dollars U.S. Pattaya is good too, but if you've never been there, it can be a little difficult at first. Good luck.

"retired U.S. Navy"

In BKK the lady boys tend to look tourists to pick their pockets.

I don't agree with Thaipauly about Pattaya.

Hey Barry, it's a free country, feel free to disagree with me. All I am saying is that it's not my cup of tea :o

But it may suit the OP very well :D

By the wat Bluedragon, it must be a long time since you stayed at The Novotel on 33?

It's now more like 125-150$ a night

Edited by ThaiPauly

Why not get a couple friends together and do a quck tour, trying out a few different places. Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin. Three distinctly different places with decent nightlife and plenty of other interesting things to help balance out the debauchery :o Its also an easy pace to see it all without rushing too much or getting stuck in the same place the whole time.

Flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai are about $40cdn on Nok Air or 1-2-Go.

You'll find Chiang Mai cooler at this time of year if the heat's getting to you. I personally prefer northern girls anyway :D .

cv

You really aren't giving too much information.

What kind of a budget are you on? How much do you want to spend per night for a hotel? Do you want to be in the middle of BKK--near the night life? Where do you leave from--I assume your ship will be in the Pattaya area (Chon Buri--Rayong). All of this will help people tell you about good places to stay, close to what you want to do etc.

The big one is how much can you spend for hotel and entertainment per day etc.

About 100 USD a day max max max

Hotel, Whiskey, Women, the whole 9 yards

I want this to be a major tear.

About 100 USD a day max max max

Hotel, Whiskey, Women, the whole 9 yards

I want this to be a major tear.

Pattaya is your place then... follow the tradition of many sailors who've gone "on a tear" there before you... Navy tradition counts for a lot.. :o

But as you imply you're going to be on your own...just be careful. Still gotta make your ship's movement. :D

Edited by sriracha john

Well ... I guess what sailors want :o ...

You'd better head for Pattaya; a sailor is not intrested (most of them !) in sight-seeing.

Pattaya is obvious enough for you and just straw along the 'boulevard'. You'll be getting what you want within an hour :D.

Not true man!

Life is big enough for all of it.

2 weeks is a lot of leave.

Time enough for temples and sisters

Well ... I guess what sailors want :o ...

You'd better head for Pattaya; a sailor is not intrested (most of them !) in sight-seeing.

Pattaya is obvious enough for you and just straw along the 'boulevard'. You'll be getting what you want within an hour :D.

Not true man!

Life is big enough for all of it.

2 weeks is a lot of leave.

Time enough for temples and sisters

Take my advice and from cdnvic; you'll be having a great time then ! Try fishing on the giant carp in fresh water, if you like fishing on BIG FISH ... :D

But shes real pretty.

EXCELLENT and absolutely correct response!....

You passed my little test with flying colors! :D

:D

from an ex-American sailor... :D

Have a great time on leave!!...

I am ex military and while he passed your test with flying colours. :D I would venture to suggest that asking just about any Pattaya Bargirl and that will illicit the precise date and location. :o:D

So, will you be drunk all the time? If so then best to stick with the tourist bars. Going out to a Thai bar away form any westerners can be big trouble for someone who gets really drunk really late. A couple of westerners were killed in just such a circumstance last year. Heavy drinking westerners more or less isolated and surrounded by heavy drinking Thais really late at night should probably be avoided.

But shes real pretty.

EXCELLENT and absolutely correct response!....

You passed my little test with flying colors! :D

:D

from an ex-American sailor... :D

Have a great time on leave!!...

I am ex military and while he passed your test with flying colours. :D I would venture to suggest that asking just about any Pattaya Bargirl and that will illicit the precise date and location. :o:D

hahaha...absolutely... :D and that, is ANOTHER Navy tradition... :D

Olongapo girls had better information than my bosses on how long ship repairs would take.

So, will you be drunk all the time? If so then best to stick with the tourist bars. Going out to a Thai bar away form any westerners can be big trouble for someone who gets really drunk really late. A couple of westerners were killed in just such a circumstance last year. Heavy drinking westerners more or less isolated and surrounded by heavy drinking Thais really late at night should probably be avoided.

What will they do with a drunken sailor,

what will they do with a drunken sailor

what will they do with a drunken salior

Early in the morning :o

What will they do with a drunken sailor,

what will they do with a drunken sailor

what will they do with a drunken salior

Early in the morning :o

I've been in plenty of tough towns (T-Town for example) and am not so foolish to get snapped and step on the local’s toes.

The plan is to wander around Thailand using planes like taxis and taxis like legs. Smiling, drinking large but not unreasonable amounts, patting bottoms and shaking hands.

Targets of opportunity will be engaged in a look and shoot fashion, however suggestions are very welcome.

When you're in town...ask for what the locals call a 'kra-tewy'....That roughly translates to 'fresh girl'

For some reason, they're a lot more outgoing than your average bargirl...and with the right sailor, you might not have to pay her anything at all. :o

Bad advice, and we shall not stray into this kind of discussion. :D

cv

When you're in town...ask for what the locals call a 'kra-tewy'....That roughly translates to 'fresh girl'

For some reason, they're a lot more outgoing than your average bargirl...and with the right sailor, you might not have to pay her anything at all. :o

Bad advice, and we shall not stray into this kind of discussion. :D

cv

So can you recommend a Hotel in BKK and Chiang Mai?