Storms Hit Pattaya. More To Come

Rimmer

Storms hit Pattaya. More to come

fl.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Tropical storms hit the city on Friday, as a massive weather front hits Thailand

Pattaya was deluged with heavy storms on Friday evening, just as the night was beginning for many visitors and Ex pats. The rains, which had been predicted, were relentless and continued for several hours.

The recently serviced drainage system of underground canals seemed to serve its purpose as water cleared quickly on the inland portions of the city. Beach Road was a river for several hours though as, being the lowest point, water rushed onto the busy thoroughfare from the numerous side Sois.

Guests at the monthly Lighthouse meeting were luckier than some, as the hotel was kind enough to extend the evening, and of course the supply of drink to the numerous local business people who attended. The evening, despite the rains, was a success and served as more proof that there is more to Pattaya than just the bright lights.

Others were not so lucky and motorbike shops will, no doubt be earning big bucks this week end as many were semi submerged during the storms.

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-10-05

Pattaya floods as Tropical Storm Gaemi approaches

gaemi-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--As Tropical Storm Gaemi is set to cause major disruption in Central, Eastern and Southern Provinces of Thailand over the weekend, Pattaya suffered its worst flash floods this year on Friday Night, and is estimated to have caused Millions of Baht’s worth of damage.

The majority of the flood water had subsided by daybreak, however a number of underground car-parks, full of cars, are still under water. Pattaya’s Mayor, Khun Itipon, has ensured that rescue services are on full standby over the weekend and plans to utilize the services of the military are in place should the situation become too acute.

The latest weather updates suggest the weather system has decreased in strength to a tropical depression with winds of no more than 39 mph, but the system has increased in size as it heads towards the Eastern side of Thailand.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/63474/pattaya-floods-tropical-storm-gaemi-approaches/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-06

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Admittedly a while since I lived down there but the only underground car parks I can think of are Royal garden and Mikes shopping mall, did they flood ???

There's some behind The Avenue that can flood pretty bad - ditto the ones on Soi 13.

Admittedly a while since I lived down there but the only underground car parks I can think of are Royal garden and Mikes shopping mall, did they flood ???

There's some behind The Avenue that can flood pretty bad - ditto the ones on Soi 13.

While I was getting oil and air filter changed on my motorbike today I overheard a thai lady telling the shop owner a bmzmw and a fortuner got flooded in some underground parking in the area

Hardly noticed anything here on the dark side, 45m above sea level.

Good to hear, I'm in OZ at the moment and was wondering how the dark side fared.

Rained a bit yesterday as well, today drizzling. Nothing out of the ordinary for a rainy season, sky seems to be clearing up a bit right now (I have a view to north from southern dark side).