Best Airlines For Bangkok / Sydney Flight

seesip

Do you want to go into Bangkok or is that just a transit point to CM? If a transit point I would go with Singapore Airlines (Sydney to Singapore and then to CM on Silkair, their subsiduary) if the connections are good for you.

Also Sydney to KL and then KL to CM with Airasia. You can pick the better seats with Airasia. Only thing that would put me off is the lay over time in KL (which depends on your flights) as have to spend it at the LCCT.

If your travelling soon Thai airways have a good sale on at present...only marginally more that Jetstar or Airasia but a lot more comfort. This is a good deal if Bangkok or CM final desitination.

Edited by mamborobert

Not really up on air lines and there prices. I would imagine air Asia to be the cheapest. The cost from Bangkok is 29,387 baht. You must transfer your own luggage at KL If taking Air Asia The cost for Chiang Mai and return is ,980 baht according to today's price

I do know all their seats are economy. Also they can have hidden charges. They only allow 15 kilo luggage over that and you pay big time. No meals but you may purchase some.

You might want to do as the previous poster suggested look into Singapore they will cost you 33,885 baht all in that is from Bangkok to Sydney. They have a 20 Kilo limit on their baggage. I couldn't find Silk on Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Bangkok Air will cost in the 4,000 baht neighborhood. But they fly into swampy and you don't have to transfer airports or your luggage. They will transfer the luggage for you.

I used the dates Oct.15 to Oct. 29

You can always use silk to Singapore and transfer there to Singapore.