Animal Lover..? ................ Sometimes.

thequietman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, GJ.

does your 'like' button not work ?

thanks for that well thought out and articulate response. I wait with baited breath for your next sentence.

You're doing it again. If you don't want any replies then don't start threads or state at the end of your opening post 'Please no replies from anyone who disagrees with me'.

If you believe the problem with the dogs in your areas are the owners then knock on the doors and speak with them. I tell you one thing though, if I found out or saw you purposefully run over the 4 legged member of my family I am unsure of what my reaction would be but it could be messy. Be careful out there!

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more GJ.

I'm in the fortunate situation that I live nowhere near a busy road, but years ago (in the UK) I left my dog outside a shop and heard him barking in distress a couple of minutes later. Running outside to investigate, I saw 3 youths throwing snow/ice balls at him! I totally 'lost it' and went into attack mode.

• Like 1

Well said, GJ.

does your 'like' button not work ?

thanks for that well thought out and articulate response. I wait with baited breath for your next sentence.

That's pretty lame. You portray yourself as a very angry and bitter individual, which (without being patronising) I find very sad: most people in TV are here to offer positive advice, not to flame you. Your posts are deviating from your OP, and I have no great desire to follow you down a route littered with personal insults. FYI I posted "well said" in stead of the lazy route of clicking "like" because GJ had posted a cogent and clear response. However, if you wish to communicate by buttons and by smileys, I think clear communication would suffer considerably.

Edited by Rob8891

The OP sounds exactly the type who is somehow unable to take their bloody foot off the acceleration pedal when approaching anyone or anything. 'I am in MY CAR and YOU are merely a pedestrian who is in MY WAY when I WANT to drive like a bat out of hell as is MY RIGHT as a DRIVER' of a lump of metal which protects me and NOT YOU so GET OUT OF MY WAY'.

The OP is an egotistical selfish asshol_e.

• Like 1

She doesnt have a license for the bike but she's not sleeping on the road...........she wont pass the gate either.

post-109645-0-84252700-1349858308_thumb.

Sorry to go off-topic - but one of the things I love here is seeing people with dogs on their bikes!

Just the thought of it frightens the life out of me (I wouldn't dare risk my dog that way), but it is lovely to see the way the dogs are enjoying it.

The OP sounds exactly the type who is somehow unable to take their bloody foot off the acceleration pedal when approaching anyone or anything. 'I am in MY CAR and YOU are merely a pedestrian who is in MY WAY when I WANT to drive like a bat out of hell as is MY RIGHT as a DRIVER' of a lump of metal which protects me and NOT YOU so GET OUT OF MY WAY'.

I'd agree, except I'm sure he'd slow down for a human being. He just thinks other animals that annoy him (by being in the wrong place) are deserving of death.

I'd agree, except I'm sure he'd slow down for a human being. He just thinks other animals that annoy him (by being in the wrong place) are deserving of death.

How are you sure, exactly? You seem not to walk anywhere very much from this assertion? Perhaps you should get out of your car and try crossing a road sometime.

How are you sure, exactly? You seem not to walk anywhere very much from this assertion? Perhaps you should get out of your car and try crossing a road sometime.

Fair enough. I could be wrong about the OP, but somehow suspect he would be in prison if he was equally as happy to run over a person as a dog.

Fair enough. I could be wrong about the OP, but somehow suspect he would be in prison if he was equally as happy to run over a person as a dog.

Well. That was a non comment really worth posting in order for you to have the last word, wasn't it.

Oh well, So much for my assertion that most people are here to offer positive advice.

I suspect that the OP was a troll, and now the trolls are rolling up to party. Pointless for any thinking person to stay here.

Bye!

Seems like all these apologists are ignoring previous posts that are incontrovertibly correct.

Don't swerve or change speed suddenly to avoid a dog in the road.

Humans first, animals second.

Owners should not allow their dogs in the road in the first place.

Dogs do not have the same rights as people.

• Like 1

Oh well, So much for my assertion that most people are here to offer positive advice.

I suspect that the OP was a troll, and now the trolls are rolling up to party. Pointless for any thinking person to stay here.

Bye!

The old "if you don't agree with me, you must be a troll" reasoning.

Lame. Very lame.

To be fair, I agree that the OP was 'trolling' to a certain extent, in view of his 'recommends' on this thread.

But I haven't noticed anyone else 'trolling'?

Yep, not real trolling, also i don't think the OP was seriously going to kill any dog, but just letting off some steam.

Personally i have learned a couple of things from this thread, and the video was great..clap2.gif

Next time you are at the hospital ask the your doctor what are the top three causes of emergency medical treatment. Dog bites and road accidents involve stray dogs are right up there.

No need. Excluding diseases, physical injury is related to age group with drowning and posioning leading the way for pediatric cases. Bites and stings do head the list for 7-12 year olds. In Thailand, there are alot of stinging insects. Yes, dog bites do feature for this age group, but they are typicially the result of misadventure such as the child provoking the dog. For adults, motor vehicle impact, falls and violence are the leading causes of injury.Misadventure is a big player in the 19-25 year old group. With the elderly demographic, slips, trips and falls are at the top of the list. Impact with dogs on the road are neither tracked nor considered worthy of tracking. One is more likely to have a serious incident arising from the driver's speed and/or behaviour, or road conditions than an interaction with a dog.

on this you are wrong. google is your friend.

In 2008 412 accidents caused by animals on the road in Thailand, namely dogs.

you see, the figures are tracked and considered.

How about a link? The classification used by WHO is "animals" Of the most recent WHO compilation, there were approximately 90,000 vehicle collisions resulting in bodily injury recorded. 431 incidents involving ANIMALS neither indicates that the classification of dogs is used, or that the situation is statistically significant.

Here's a hint, before you tell me to go Google something, you first understand the data you reference.

Next time you are at the hospital ask the your doctor what are the top three causes of emergency medical treatment. Dog bites and road accidents involve stray dogs are right up there.

No need. Excluding diseases, physical injury is related to age group with drowning and posioning leading the way for pediatric cases. Bites and stings do head the list for 7-12 year olds. In Thailand, there are alot of stinging insects. Yes, dog bites do feature for this age group, but they are typicially the result of misadventure such as the child provoking the dog. For adults, motor vehicle impact, falls and violence are the leading causes of injury.Misadventure is a big player in the 19-25 year old group. With the elderly demographic, slips, trips and falls are at the top of the list. Impact with dogs on the road are neither tracked nor considered worthy of tracking. One is more likely to have a serious incident arising from the driver's speed and/or behaviour, or road conditions than an interaction with a dog.

on this you are wrong. google is your friend.

In 2008 412 accidents caused by animals on the road in Thailand, namely dogs.

you see, the figures are tracked and considered.

How about a link? The classification used by WHO is "animals" Of the most recent WHO compilation, there were approximately 90,000 vehicle collisions resulting in bodily injury recorded. 431 incidents involving ANIMALS neither indicates that the classification of dogs is used, or that the situation is statistically significant.

Here's a hint, before you tell me to go Google something, you first understand the data you reference.

so what animals do you think they are referring to ? buffalo, possibly but you must see the animals on the roads everyday if you are a driver. carcasses everywhere. I haven't seen a buffalo yet so common sense will tell me......... dogs.

heres a hint............... don't be condescending. you do it a lot on here. it doesn't suit you.

Well. That was a non comment really worth posting in order for you to have the last word, wasn't it.

Irony Warning !!

That's so funny it has to be quoted biggrin.png

• 3 months later...

Brother in law passed away this afternoon. sad.png

The accident happened 3 months ago and STILL the insurance company have given nothing to his wife.

Kept putting her off and putting her off. we helped where we could.

An hour ago he passed on. blood clot on the brain. The xtra money from the insurance would have made his last days a little more comfortable. Why do they take the premium and then drag their heels to pay. So sad.

Anyway, just another reminder guys to wear a helmet and be careful out there. crying.gif

Sorry to hear the sad end to this story Quietman, as you suggest a little compassion and movement on behalf of the insurers might be of help in terms of support to the guy's family as much as to the accident victim himself.

I wonder how fast OP's brother in law was driving at the time of the accident?

OP's comments are idiotic and insensitive to the poor old soi dog who have such a hard time as it is.

It was Gandi that said 'the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be determined by the way its animals are treated'

OP needs to get a grip and realise that he is not living in his 'mother country'.. He is in thailand and soi dogs are just another example of thai culture that we have to adjust to. Maybe its time OP went home...

• Like 1

I wonder how fast OP's brother in law was driving at the time of the accident?

OP's comments are idiotic and insensitive to the poor old soi dog who have such a hard time as it is.

It was Gandi that said 'the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be determined by the way its animals are treated'

OP needs to get a grip and realise that he is not living in his 'mother country'.. He is in thailand and soi dogs are just another example of thai culture that we have to adjust to. Maybe its time OP went home...

thanks for your kind thoughts at this time. This is my home for 10 years now, I am home.. I trust you live here.My post was at a very difficult and frustrating time. I apologise to all for my rant.but I had a great sense of frustration at that time. I don,t ofcourse run dogs down on purpose. I am an animal lover. However the danger of dogs lying in the road remains a concern for me. Take care all and be careful on your motorbikes.wai2.gif