Non B Without A Work Permit Can I Change The Non B To New School

I was with a agency and it took 4 months to actually get the non b. at the moment I was waiting for the work permit but found out that it still with the school office.

This week I have got offered a new job

Can I get the non b visa altered to new school and start a application for a work permit?

Or go to Laos do I need to cancel non b before leaving or can I do it at the border am I right in thinking that it will be cancelled on crossing the border

thanks in advanced

Edited by miniganger

Is it a Non B visa or an extension from within Thailand?

If a visa you would normally be required to have a letter about you finishing work, then you would then leave, however your problem being that you will need a receipt from the Ministry of Labour for a Work Permit, to be issued a Non Immigrant B visa from a neighbouring country.

Per above, it makes a big difference if you are on a non-B entry of 90 days OR are on a 1 year extension of stay from immigration.

I have a 12 month non b that I have to go jameswattana every 90 days but no work permit and thanks for both your advice so far Edited by miniganger

Is it a Non B visa or an extension from within Thailand?

If a visa you would normally be required to have a letter about you finishing work, then you would then leave, however your problem being that you will need a receipt from the Ministry of Labour for a Work Permit, to be issued a Non Immigrant B visa from a neighbouring country.

the visa is for 12 month signing on which I got from Bangkok however the agent never got the work permit started am due to sign for the next 90 days in 2 weeks but I have started at a new school with a new agent I am prepared to get a tourist for 3 moths and sort the non b when am back in Bangkok

you are in a grey area, you have an extension without the correct paperwork.

But for now, you will have to get a letter confirming you have left that job, then leave the country, your extension is not valid for your new employer, get a tourist visa, then after doing the documentation for a WP, get the receipt, take this and all other documentation to get a visa outside of Thailand.

But for now, you will have to get a letter confirming you have left that job, then leave the country, your extension is not valid for your new employer, get a tourist visa, then after doing the documentation for a WP, get the receipt, take this and all other documentation to get a visa outside of Thailand.

thanks to both answers going to get a tourist hopefully new agent and school will help me a bit more this time

Please read your passport entries and report them here so we can be sure our advise is correct. There is no visa that allows reporting to immigration every 90 days and without a work permit it would not appear you would qualify for extension of stay for work.

Per above, it makes a big difference if you are on a non-B entry of 90 days OR are on a 1 year extension of stay from immigration.

What is the difference? Currently in similiar situation but on first 90 days of Non B with W.P. took 4 months to get both. If I leave current school and go to new? 90 days up Nov. 25.

Will I have to leave the country and get new Non B.? If I quit current school problems for me as always. I know I would need new W.P.

Or Continue to work with present school and new school, with permission for Labour from present school.? and just add location to W.P.

I just keep spending money for Non B visas and Work Permits and for tourist visas in between when the paperwork is not correct.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Last month Kalasin MOE would not give me receipt to show ThaiEmbassy in Laos, would not give me receipt until they saw the Non B visa in the passport, gave me the receipt the same day they gave me the W.P.