City Hall Discovers That The Beaches Are Dirty

Rimmer

City Hall discovers that the beaches are dirty

PATTAYA:--Itthiphol Kunplume, Pattaya mayor, chaired a City Hall meeting to consider innumerable complaints related to the conditions of beaches in Pattaya and Jomtien.

It was alleged that beach chair vendors were not paying proper attention to cleanliness and hygiene, but they in turn replied that many tramps sleep overnight on the sands and leave behind plastic bottles, dirty blankets and other assorted and unpleasant debris.

The meeting heard that the situation has got so serious that tourists have taken compromising photos and sent them to the Senate and to the Ministry of Tourism.

Full story:http://pattayatoday.net/news/news-from-around-pattaya/city-hall-discovers-that-the-beaches-are-dirty/

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2012-10-09 footer_n.gif

I cycled the length of Jomtien Beach last week and the rafts of rubbish was incredible.

The vast majority of this crap comes from the thousands of fishing boats offshore. They just dump over board. Not all but most of the deck chair people do make some sort of effort to clean up their section of beach but never down to the waters edge. Just where they position the chairs.

What I cannot believe is that people are prepared to actually get into the water amongst the rubbish and appear oblivious to it !!!

Bang Saray beach further down the coast is equally as bad with rubbish piling up on what could be an excellent little beach.

The Condo sales people keep on kidding the public with their "absolute beach front living" but it be better described as living on a landfill site.

I see half arsed publicity stunts on the t.v. where Thais gather on a beach to pick up rubbish for a few hours and think that is the end of it. Nothing short of fining people and dedicated clean up squads accountable for their efforts will make this filth go away

Edited by lonewolf99

I go to Jomtien beach a few nights a week, metal detecting on the low tides and yes, its filthy! Not only the bums, but families and big gatherings of people, after they leave, there are bottles and plastic all over, and of course the forever dog problem, dragging rubbish all around, dog shit everywhere. Im sure if the water or sand was actually tested for bacteria, no one would be allowed in the water, or sit on the sand. Im lucky, that I am almost bullet proof, and the bacteria doesnt seem to bother me, yet!

The cleanliness has nothing to do with how many chairs or umbrellas are on the beach, or even how many hawkers are around. Just like always, officials dont work on the real problem, just pretend to do something. Amazing to see some volunteers picking up the garbage, mostly farang, but some Thai also. Yes, these big one day affairs are only to get their pic in the news, just plain BS! Do you only clean your yard once a year??

It is funny, that supposedly, Pattaya is a destination resort, and the beach is the main part of that, but it seems to government does nothing to make the beach usable. I dont know what was bubbling near the boat ramp, maybe 100 m out, but probably it was sewage being pumped on to our Destination beach.