How To Get Bike License.

darraghg06

I wouldn't recomend that you drive any vehicle here without the proper license. If you should be unfortunate enough to have an accident without a license the police will hold you responsible even if you are not. To obtain a license you must go to immigration and get a certificate of residence 500 bahts. Then health certificate 30 - 100 bahts. Then go to the motor vehicle department on Hang Dong road. Show your Irish drivers license. Then you will have a colour blindness test and a test to see how fast your reflexes are. Give them 200 bahts and you are on your way with a one year license.

You will also need a copy of your rental agreement to get the Certificate of Residency from Immigration. Take that and your health certificate to the Motor Vehicles office and sign up to take the driving test for motorbikes. It will include a test on the computer (in Tinglish) and the driving test outside(bring your bike with you to the office) Like "markettrader" said, you can have them make you a thai car license by showing them your Irish license.

Yes, you need to redo both.

Darraghg hope you don't mind me asking a related question on your post. When the one year license is due to expire and you go to renew for the 5 years license. Does one need to go to immigration again for residence certificate and have a health test?

Darraghg hope you don't mind me asking a related question on your post. When the one year license is due to expire and you go to renew for the 5 years license. Does one need to go to immigration again for residence certificate and have a health test?

you also can't apply for a 5 year licence if you only have a tourist visa, so make sure whatever visa you have is suitable before doing anything.\

Just about any hospital will do. if you are coming from the city, you will pass by Klaimor Hospital (just before the TESCO). It takes about 20 in and out. Then continue on to the Motor Vehicle office. An no issue getting your 1yr license with a tourist visa

Sorry if this question is stupid - my husband and I both have UK and Australian and International drivers permit/licence saying Car/BIke - we have both passed both tests. Will we have to do practical or just classroom stuff?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Neither. If you bring your licenses showing you can drive car/bike you will only do a color recognition and reflex test.

Sorry if this question is stupid - my husband and I both have UK and Australian and International drivers permit/licence saying Car/BIke - we have both passed both tests. Will we have to do practical or just classroom stuff?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.