Well-Known Australian Ex-Pat Golfer Arrested By Pattaya Immigration

webfact

Australian arrested for posting pictures of a woman on the Internet

By Staff Reporter

PATTAYA: -- : Australian man charged with posting explicit photographs on the internet

Local authorities report that they have arrested a local Australian Expat, after a warrant was issued for his arrest, for posting photographs of an un-named Local national woman on the Internet, without her permission, “which resulted in her reputation being tarnished.”

The man, a 56 year old local amateur sportsman , was arrested in a bar in East Pattaya after confirming that the personal details on the warrant did, indeed, pertain to him.

He has, however, denied all the accusations against him.

It is assumed that the woman is currently a Rayong resident, since he has been removed to the police station there for further enquiries.

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...n-the-internet/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-10-2012-10-10

footer_n.gif

....... This is a setup for sure.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have spent more time on the golf course, i would never take pics of girls in the nude, as this is what can happen when the s**t hits the fan.

I know girls that even if the face was shown on the internet linking them to being a hooker or alleging working bar in pattaya, would be very pissed off, as family and friends think they are working a good job not selling there body.

I can see why the girl has brought these charges if the pics have been posted on say Facebook and friends have cottoned on what she has been up too.

My half Thai daughter was for a time the best known face on local and Asia-wide TV screens and magazines and is still very much recognised here for her TV drama appearances. Her pics have been misappropriated here and as far away as China and she has successfully sued even there. The question always is how the pics are used and who owns their right to that use. Professional models - as has been mentioned - have a lot to protect and I agree with the poster who stated that 3,500 baht will not get one to pose for anything let along anything too risqué. Candid shots taken are a grey area but if used in a normal and not provocative way these are generally par for the course for anyone well known and are accepted as such. The issues in this thread's case are just too unclear to have an opinion on but, as said, it is intent and right that dictates what is misuse of pics.

Edited by petercool
  • Like 2

What a balls up...

Have you seen the photos?

No... the remark was a quip at Golfers, Golf Balls, get it?

As for the photos, have seen many published on another forum, very explicit and in some cases the ladies probably were unaware of the photos being taken, and even if they were they probably thought they were for personal memento's and would not be published worldwide, many of these ladies probably know very little of the internet and probably very shocked and hurt to find out these pictures are available for all to see.

the best known face on local and Asia-wide TV screens and magazines

Quite a claim to fame !

Yes, perhaps it is but it's very supportable. Ask any Thai if they know "Pim/Sonia"

Would that be Sonia Couling? rolleyes.gif

Wow thumbsup.gif - I've actually heard of her - she was big in Singapore and Indonesia whilst I was living there.

the best known face on local and Asia-wide TV screens and magazines

Quite a claim to fame !

Yes, perhaps it is but it's very supportable. Ask any Thai if they know "Pim/Sonia"

Oh, Sonia is very beautiful:

Google tells all

smile.png

Witnessed a "trial " of a very similar case once . He took nude ,but flattering pics of her , with her consent . They fell out , she got the memory stick , selected pics then found their way mysteriously to the local police . She accused him of "tarnishing her reputation " Court case .....she stood up and said what a good girl she was etc etc and "it was'nt about the money .....but she wanted Bt 1 million anyway !

Verdict ....pay her the money or appeal and face a probable jail sentence or deportation .

Compensation agreed .....girl ,lawyers and policeman v happy and considerably richer .

Falang left feeling scammed and rueful for his stupity !

I sense a trend here ......

Accusations of bribery are a "front ", in my opinion, to get the case to court . After all , how much can you extort from this girl ....she's not a soap star is she (and i don't mean masseuse !)

Would sure love to know more details of where and when this trial took place.

Sounds like another barstool rumour.

Paid a million baht, what a mug.

^^^^ Yep !

How do you deal with the fame.

It's not me that's famous - well, not anymore, that is .... smile.png

Dads should take all the credit.

Funny thing is, my wife used to get told she looks like this girl Sonia.

I have a little girl that is ridiculously cute, I often wonder what she will look like as a young adult...just in case I am not around.

I am an Australian who have played golf for 40 years.

I have NEVER heard of this person.

So why say he is a FAMOUS AUSTRALIAN golfer.

Also he is a ITALIAN national, maybe with an Australian passport.

Pisses me off when they give us a bad name.

coffee1.gif

It says he is a well known expat golfer

Meaning that he is a well known expat who is also a golfer

Personally,I would resist physically attacking a journalist (or anyone else) when you're in a room full of cops if I were you.

It will only add more to your fine. The police are not well trained police and are not actually going to do anything to you. You have every right to smash someone if you tell them to photos and they take your photo anyway. It only costs money, and if you think that extra money is worth it, smash away.

Sir, you are wrong and seriously misguided on this one. In Thailand, you can say the complete and utter truth, and still be up for liable, if the truth is deemed to given someone a bad name. Lets say some one stole a car and conducted fraud by delibratly bouncing checks, running and selling the products he bought with the dishonored cheques. They are charged and convicted.

You then said that the said person would not be a good person to buy a car off and conduct business with because they were convicted of fraud and as a car thief. If it is deemed you hurt their reputation, even though you said the complete and utter truth, you are Liable. It is a way the rich control the masses in this sub-servant society.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply has been removed as it has been altered, do not alter a quoted reply it is against forum rules

Sir, you are wrong and seriously misguided on this one. In Thailand, you can say the complete and utter truth, and still be up for liable, if the truth is deemed to given someone a bad name. Lets say some one stole a car and conducted fraud by delibratly bouncing checks, running and selling the products he bought with the dishonored cheques. They are charged and convicted.

You then said that the said person would not be a good person to buy a car off and conduct business with because they were convicted of fraud and as a car thief. If it is deemed you hurt their reputation, even though you said the complete and utter truth, you are Liable. It is a way the rich control the masses in this sub-servant society.

Thanks for that - useful info. Presumably that's why TV is so sensitive about 'name and shame' type comments and reviews.

Does this famous Australian, Italian & Irish man even have a famous name?

If you post faces, you need a model release, or end up in court ... simple.

If he published them into America, eg on a .com that is HOSTED in the States she can sue him in USA for millions of USD and he has violated US law, maybe big mama jail bird time !!!! Not that I wish this onto this famous man.

I hope things get sorted out with a happy ending and the scum bag BIB Thai cops don't end up rich out of it.

Edited by jcw

coffee1.gif

Perhaps the "famous golfer" part was introduced in the article to give an impression of the suspects respectability. If the media are going to write about hobbies of arrested suspects every time, we may soon see "famous expat stamp collector" in one of these articles. :rolleyes:

Cool, about time the authorities started to clamp down on this sort of thing - I don't like those "naughty-boy" forums with their trip reports and photos of girls posters have spent the night with, and I also don't like sitting in a bar watching the world go by and having my picture taken, without asking or a do you mind first.

There has been some interesting stuff on Stickmans site recently about pictures being posted on the internet .

I would prefer it if the authorities spent less time arresting someone for posting naked pics(presumably) of a hooker online and spent more time catching the handbag snatchers, clamping down on thuggish taxi/tuk/motorcycle touts, jet ski scammers and al the other low life in the tourist spots that give Thailand the bad reputation it is fast receiving!

dont you think posting pics of naked pics of a girl is giving thailand a bad name,

or is it just because you enjoy that bit???

• Like 2

Cool, about time the authorities started to clamp down on this sort of thing - I don't like those "naughty-boy" forums with their trip reports and photos of girls posters have spent the night with, and I also don't like sitting in a bar watching the world go by and having my picture taken, without asking or a do you mind first.

There has been some interesting stuff on Stickmans site recently about pictures being posted on the internet .

I would prefer it if the authorities spent less time arresting someone for posting naked pics(presumably) of a hooker online and spent more time catching the handbag snatchers, clamping down on thuggish taxi/tuk/motorcycle touts, jet ski scammers and al the other low life in the tourist spots that give Thailand the bad reputation it is fast receiving!

dont you think posting pics of naked pics of a girl is giving thailand a bad name,

or is it just because you enjoy that bit???

Thailand manages quite well on its own at giving itself a bad name irrespective of whether a few pics appear on the internet or not.

The main problem for Thailand these days is the internet and what people are able to post, complete with photos as evidence.

Just read these forums or follow the much read jet ski thread.

coffee1.gif

Regardless, The head Line got my Attention as Well known Aussie Golfer.conjures up Greg Baby or Whats his face.

coffee1.gif

Ye and I bet skippy never saved the boy who fell down the well...