What Sort Of Wife/girlfriend Is Yours?

thenervoussurgeon

Really, is money that tight you have to sit outside a 7/11 rather in a comfortable bar? I drink Leo small bottles in a few nice bars where I pay 45-50 baht. If money was that tight that I couldn't afford to do that, there wouldn't be much point in being here.

A bunch of friends eating and drinking outside a 'family-mart' sort of shop is a fairly common Thai community event and can be a lot of fun. Don't see the need to pay for over-priced beer in a bar every time. But up to you.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, is money that tight you have to sit outside a 7/11 rather in a comfortable bar? I drink Leo small bottles in a few nice bars where I pay 45-50 baht. If money was that tight that I couldn't afford to do that, there wouldn't be much point in being here.

A bunch of friends eating and drinking outside a 'family-mart' sort of shop is a fairly common Thai community event and can be a lot of fun. Don't see the need to pay for over-priced beer in a bar every time. But up to you.

45 baht is overpriced? I'd hate to be on the kind of budget where I'm looking to save 5 baht on a bottle of beer. I'd probably have to pay $5 or $6 (about 150-180 baht) for small bottle of beer in a bar in Australia, so to me 45 baht is peanuts.

Edited by giddyup

45 baht is overpriced? I'd hate to be on the kind of budget where I'm looking to save 5 baht on a bottle of beer.

45bht is what I pay for a large Leo ......... in the village.

At my favorite big bar complex (Chang Puak lake in CM), several places are charging 199bht for 5 large Leo's inc. ice, served by a young (student?) beer girl.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

45 baht is overpriced? I'd hate to be on the kind of budget where I'm looking to save 5 baht on a bottle of beer.

45bht is what I pay for a large Leo ......... in the village.

At my favorite big bar complex (Chang Puak lake in CM), several places are charging 199bht for 5 large Leo's inc. ice, served by a young (student?) beer girl.

I'm not in Thailand to save money, but I don't drink in Go-go bars that charge 100 baht up either. I meet friends in local bars for a game of pool, so I'm happy to pay 45-50 baht. Not like I'm drinking 20 bottles a day.

• Like 1

I'm becoming more and more convinced that I'm actually married to a Farang instead of a Thai after reading so many descriptions of Thai women that don't fit my wife at all. Maybe it's because she already got "farangized" by the German father-in-law from a young age. We have no trouble communicating in English, sometimes in German and when I feel like it (divine inspiration, the rare moment when I'm not too lazy, etc), in Thai.

My wife is a normal everyday (widowed) farm girl.

When I met her, no English at all, no education, we used a translator to negotiate the marriage deal. Now she speaks good English (plus four flavours of Thai) and next year she will have finished high school.

She can happily nag me all day in English ..... I can also winge to her in Thai.

Ref OP

Not learning each others language in 10 years seems a little strange.

Usually the girls learn their husbands language pretty quick.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

My wife speaks English and has a masters from the same university I have a degree from.

Do I win ?

What do you talk with your wife about?

they are both physicists and discuss quantum mechanics during breakdast, lunch, dinner and after dinner.

• Like 2

My wife speaks English and has a masters from the same university I have a degree from.

Do I win ?

What do you talk with your wife about?

they are both physicists and discuss quantum mechanics during breakdast, lunch, dinner and after dinner.

Must be some particle acceleration going on there.

• Like 1

we are all strangers. sometimes i look at my wife or mother or brother and father and ask myself who is this person? it is like i am seeing them for the first time ever. it feels lonely and cold. even worse is when i look in the mirror. ...

saw an article from a neurosurgeon who went into a coma and came out and says that heaven is real and that he saw it and it would be impossible to have been a dream because of his condition. i hope i get in there. i probably wont. :(

Mine shows up in my dreams when I hit the sack after a heavy Chang session outside of 7/11 but has long left when I wake up with a headache and dry mouth sad.png

Don't they have bars where you live?

I couldn't find any bars in Pattaya who sells a large Chang for the same price as 7 ermm.gif

What's the price difference, 10 baht? If I had to do my drinking outside a 7/11 to save 10 baht I'd think about living somewhere else. You could always buy your Chang wholesale by the carton and maybe save another 5 baht a bottle, and drink at home, in a park or on the beach.

Whilst strolling on the beach in Chaweng Koh Samui my mrs suggested we share a beer we came across a small bar with happy hour taking place I ordered a large Chang and two glasses ( I am not a drinker ) on paying the bill I was presented with a bill of 160 bht The thai waiter told me that was cheap normal price would be 185 bht but it was happy hour I was gobsmacked !!!!! so with that in mind 7/11 is far cheaper !!

The female kind..............menstrates and everything.

On a serious note, it does puzzle me when I see farangs talking to their spouse in pigeon English. Don't they want them to learn?

In my soi I correct the wives of farang on there English. Not every word, just if the pronunciation or grammar is really wrong and they appreciate it. I've found by correcting people in the right way and not demeaning them, regardless of the subject or nationality, is always appreciated.

• Like 1

On a serious note, it does puzzle me when I see farangs talking to their spouse in pigeon English. Don't they want them to learn?

In my soi I correct the wives of farang on there English. Not every word, just if the pronunciation or grammar is really wrong and they appreciate it. I've found by correcting people in the right way and not demeaning them, regardless of the subject or nationality, is always appreciated.

Really?

If your english was being constantly corrected you would be ok with this?

It would get a little bit annoying don't you think?

Really?

If you have spent much time with non-native speakers, you would know that this can be the best way to help someone lear, if it is done with care. mjj's post points this out...please read the final sentence more carefully.

• Like 1

Really?

If you have spent much time with non-native speakers, you would know that this can be the best way to help someone lear, if it is done with care. mjj's post points this out...please read the final sentence more carefully.

If you have spent much time with non-native speakers, you would know that this can be the best way to help someone lear

What does "lear" mean?

please read .... more carefully

Good advice.

Really?

If you have spent much time with non-native speakers, you would know that this can be the best way to help someone lear

What does "lear" mean?

please read .... more carefully

Good advice.

Oooops, point taken, (although I did not say TYPE more carefully, nor PROOF-read......) coffee1.gif