Personal Assistant Assigned When Applying For Uk Iir

Speaking to one of our friends yesterday whose wife has just been granted the IIR, he informed me that he was given a direct phone phone number of the person who was dealing with his wife's IIR saying that this person had been assigned to him and if he needed to phone the UKBA regarding their application, Then he could phone direct.

it also stated that if any paperwork was not in order, then they would contact them and try and rectify the issue given them chance of submitting the extra paperwork to avoid the application from been thrown out.

This is the first i have heard of this, i just wonder if they have put new rules in place since 1st April.

My friend said it took 3 weeks for the application to go through and this included time to go for the Biometric's (I had been told it took longer than the 3 weeks, But confirmed that it was 3 weeks)

First I've heard of applicant's being allocated a person they can phone direct, and given the cuts in all public services, I'm dubious.

More than willing to be proven wrong by someone who has applied recently, though.

I have heard of applicant's being contacted over missing paperwork, though. But I wouldn't rely on it; better, I reckon, to ensure everything is in order before submitting the application by using the settlement checking service.