Dr Suphat To Face Murder Charges: Police

webfact

MURDER

Suphat to face murder charges: police

ITTIPON IAMCHUEY,

KWANHATAI MALAIKARN

30192111-01_big.jpg

PHETCHABURI: -- Police are now getting ready to press murder charges against Dr Suphat Laohawattana, who was dismissed from the Police General Hospital in the wake of grave allegations.

Suphat was initially accused of murdering Samart Noomjui and his wife Orasa Kerdsap, but had only been charged with minor offences such as hiring illegal migrant workers. To date, laboratory test results have confirmed that the three rkeletons retrieved from Suphat's farm in Phetchaburi did not belong to Samart and Orasa.

"But now, at the very least, we have solid evidence against the suspect in relation to the murder of a Myanmar worker," Provincial Police Region 7 deputy commander Colonel Krissana Sapdej yesterday, explaining that one of the three skeletons was identified as that of a Myanmar farmhand.

Krissana was speaking after Suphat and his son, Ake, called on the national police chief to assign a new investigation team to this case.

Ake expressed dissatisfaction with Tha Mai Ruak Police Station superintendent Pol Colonel Pichai Pokpong, who led a team to scour Suphat's farm for the 12th time on Tuesday.

News reports citing various sources, including Pichai, suggest that Suphat might indeed have killed Samart and Orasa.

Samart's father Sawang Noomjui lodged a police complaint against Suphat, and in response the investigation team has repeatedly checked Suphat's farm in search of the alleged victims' bodies.

"I hope the national police chief will consider assigning a new investigation team to the cases against my father," Ake said.

He added that he and his family believed that the investigation team did not treat Suphat fairly. "It has provided one-sided information to the media," Ake said.

He was speaking at the National Police Office in Bangkok, where he had shown up yesterday to submit a written request.

Suphat, who is locked up in Phetchaburi Prison, said in a letter that he faced an arrest warrant despite a lack of solid evidence against him.

"At the time the arrest warrant was issued, I was still working at the Police General Hospital. I also ran my own clinic. Police did not send a summons to my registered address, though," Suphat complained.

In his letter, he also said he wanted a new investigation team assigned to his case.

Pol Lt-Colonel Chaowalitpong Fuangprayoon accepted the written request from Ake on the national police chief's behalf.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-11

Well he should look on the bright side. As soon as those pesky police officers actually charge him with murder he will be able to get out with 50 000 Baht bail and told he may not leave the country whilst he is on bail, unless he needs to run some errands in Hong Kong...but be sure to come back to face charges as a serial killer won't ya!

Ake expressed dissatisfaction with Tha Mai Ruak Police Station superintendent Pol Colonel Pichai Pokpong, who led a team to scour Suphat's farm for the 12th time on Tuesday.

Twelve times? Twice I can understand but twelve times how much land has the dear Dr got? I mean, it is quite a serious allegation, you would think that even the MIB would make an attempt to get it right the first time.

...killed countless people and buried them and disposed of their cars and possessions.....

......and was not treated fairly by the media............???

.....thank God(s) this sociopath's 'run' has been put to an end......

....hopefully.....

'"At the time the arrest warrant was issued, I was still working at the Police General Hospital. I also ran my own clinic. Police did not send a summons to my registered address, though," Suphat complained.'

LoL. No doubt he performed his executions correctly according to the manual with choice of last meal, pen and paper to write will, last cigarette etc.

Twelve times? Twice I can understand but twelve times how much land has the dear Dr got? I mean, it is quite a serious allegation, you would think that even the MIB would make an attempt to get it right the first time.

It is not a highly sophisticated operation. From photos in the press the police methodology in this involves offering farmers a Bt 5,000 reward per body while police stand idly by watching them dig with their primitive implements.