Bell Bus Service

breadbin

Used this service for the 1st time recently.

Collection from hotel on time, staff at bus terminal quite rude.

Bus was ok, not new and very creaky.

Bus was full so sat in front row, driver like a maniac, undertaking in torrential rain.

For 200bt it's ok.

For a few people or family, better to get taxi or car pick up.

Let' s say Bkk -pattaya 153km for B200 for a bus with an insane driver... Normal Thai buses drive 500km for B300 per person.

If you used this service: http://www.belltravelservice.com/ it would be very good to to be able to reserve a ticket in advance and know for sure you are 'taken care off'.

Good value for that.

I use their service frequenty.

I would say: overall it is ok. Staff at Pattaya terminal - I would say - is not very friendly. do not try to be friendly. They are not. Best to be prepared:

When I buy a ticket I give them a paper with everything (date, time, address, Name, my telef nr.. So no need for useless conversation and no space for misunderstanding. This way it works smoothly.As usual do not expect ,that they do understand your English-speaking Bubble. Their English is as usual very limited (do not forget: English is not their main language!).

Other service: sometimes, you do not get a place in their (company owned) bus. Instead get loaded in a mini bus and got unloaded somewhere in the nowhere and have to jump in the government bus from Jomptien. They do not inform you about that before.NO Word. the usual Thai experience. Ok, it can make you a bit nervous, when you plan to get your plane to another continent ....

next:

sometimes, the scheduled Bus from the airport is not going. so if you planed to take the bus you have to choose plan B and take a taxi. They do not (!!) pay you the extra money! (it happened to me ,after staying in the immigration line for about one and a half hour. You had the chance to see a jumping and shouting monkey in the Suvarnabhumi Airport terminal - and the female companion of this monkey trying to pretend that she does not know this male-monkey.

And - as with all the bus/taxi/motorcyle drivers in Thailand, You have the real chance of getting a totally drugged/drunken/psychopathic driver or just a driver in a hurry ...

Surplus. When the bus is full, there is little chance (like in a taxi) that the driver will drive to the next dark soi, to rape you/ kill you/ rob you or whatever he can imagine (you can not!)

So overall: Bell Bus is (in comparison) not the worst choice ....

I've traveled from Bangkok to Pattaya and also Pattaya to Bangkok using Bell Travel Service. Hotel door to hotel door service. No problems. Worked well both times. They pick you up at your hotel/condo in Pattaya or Bangkok in a van and transfer to one of their air-conditioned buses for travel to Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi-Pattaya and the reverse. If your destination is Bangkok or Pattaya, then once you arrive there, they transfer you to a van and deliver you to your drop-off destination (hotel/condo, etc).

I went Patraya-airport. 200bt is cheap but as I said driver was a maniac. The coach dud have seatbelts and I wore mine!

If alone ill use them again but as another said staff in Pattaya not that friendly.

Cheap service so I guess you get what you pay for.

Rate 6.5/10.

you did not mention from where to where ?

if for 200thb from Bangkok Aiport to Pattaya or vice versas.... it's cheap !!!

It is 200 Baht either way, they drop you off at hotel in Pattaya and pick you up from hotel in Pattaya to the airport

I've used them many times and certainly haven't experienced what the OP states, I've nothing but praise for them.

Same here, my one experience with them was quite good, especially for 200 baht.