Parking A Car Near / At Swampy

UKJASE

Found this on the Swampy website--I may have to use it next time I get an emergency call to fly out to some offshore shlthole facepalm.gif

Mothly Type Car Motorcycle Large buses Monthly subscription rate 600 300 900 Rates for third parties 1000 - - Note: *For members (Insiders) pay the membership fee and .the damage deposit.
*For members (Outsiders) pay the membership fee without paying damage deposit.

Screw it. I can't make the cut 'n' paste work.

Just go here http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/detail_map_to_from_parking_en.php

Edited by cloghead

are there any updates on long term parking? I plan to leave from BKK in October for about 10 days.

which parking lot is best in the diagram?

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/detail_map_to_from_parking_en.php

I saw several posts about parking at hotels. is that better (more secure?) or is parking at BKK fine?

thanks

Is security your issue or cost your issue ?

Security is neutral in my view, arguably slightly better at the airport.

You will struggle to find a NEARBY hotel offering 10 day parking. For 10 days I would pay 2,500 Baht and use the multi-storey car park. I just paid 7,750 Baht for a 30 day trip to the UK.

Anyone else parked near to Swampy without having to pay big bucks for the privelege?? our car is a trusty old girl, but the cost of leaving her at swampy for 6 weeks in the official parking area would probably exceed the value of the car... smile.png

When i saw the price of long term, i decided that 12 days would be too much charge for the privilage of that long term parking far away from everything, and not that convincing security anyway...it was a rental car, on 2 months rent...

we drove past, turned back to the city...

find a normal parking place on a major road, almost next to a 7/11, well lit and busy enough area.

parked there, took the taxi back to airport for about 90thb...

all was in order, no problems at all.

of course it is good to pay attention if there is any sign prohibiting parking, else i dont see what the problem would be...

what couldnt happen in the long term too.

result: saved couple 1000s.

• 5 weeks later...