Any Good Fishing Spots In Chiang Mai?

Platinum Star

Howdy, I've been living up north for a couple of years now and I'm starting to look for good fishing spots in Chiang Mai.

Where can I find good fishing spots around Chiang Mai? Preferably those sorta outdoor style where you can enjoy some cold beer while fishing with some friends and family. (see attachment)

Thanks in advance.

post-165971-0-08167200-1350118302_thumb.

The fish farms are pretty good, as they are, well...farms full of fish. The Thais have compettions running at them (al least one out Hang Dong way), plenty of flows of fish and booze I am advised by my brother who went to one with a tuk tuk driver. Said he had a great day, very friendly with the male of the species for a change.

Fish farms? That's interesting. Any of that in Chiang Mai? If yes, where is the location and how much does it cost for a day of fishing?

Thanks in advance.

There's one in Padet. I think it's 50-70 Baht. Saturday and Sunday is competition day's

Huay Tung Tao, a lake a bit north of center, not to far from 700 year stadium sounds like what your could be after. Really beautiful and people relaxing and fishing. Also some restaurants och people swimming in the lake. Its a pretty big area, some of it for restaurants and swimming and some for fishing. Pay 20 baht to get in, dont know if fishing is extra.

Except for Huay Tung Tao everything mentioned is a man made fishing park. Is there not anything more natural in Chiang Mai? I fished Borsang Lake and while catching plenty of catfish found it utterly boring and unchallenging and of course unnatural.