Mo Chit

hansnl

I hope there will be someone who might advise me about the best way to go from Mo Chit busstation to Mo Chit BTS or Chatuchak Park MRT.

It does not seem to far on Google Earth, but reality is always different, at least, from what one can make out on maps etc.

Thanks a lot.

Taxi?

II have tried a taxi before.

No meter, refusal to go there, whatever.

That is why I post my question.

Had to walk.......

If they have no meter, you can at least ask them how much before-hand. I think the cost was like 40 baht or so, I forget exactly.

yes there is a bus, but the people at Mochit said that you have to leave the overland station and walk to the local bus station 'next door' - in fact about 15 minutes walk. We always take a taxi, never had a problem, ฿70.-. I must say that I feel continually annoyed by the difficulty of getting from the BTS station to Mochit, we tried to walk through the park once, one gate after another was closed so that we ended up walking nearly as far as the taxi would have driven us.

With the caveat that I have not done this myself for at least 5 yrs.:

Numerous BMTA buses leave from within the Mochit bus terminal, at the south side of the complex. Amongst those is # 77, which goes to the BTS skytrain, and MRT (subway). A further note - the 77 turns left (northbound) on Phahonyothin Rd., but does not stop on the west side. It goes north for about 500 metres, makes a U-turn then comes back south and stops on the east side of Phahonyothin.

There are probably additional buses as well, though none come to mind at present. The 77 departs frequently.

The above is spot on and excellent advice and info. Though I also have not done it for years but nothing will have changed. The #77 is your best bet (orange aircon bus) as it departs frequently (every 10 mins or so) and will only cost you 11 baht and drop you at a stop right near the MRT entrance.

Just make your way over to the large BMTA public bus terminal on the south side of Mo Chit Terminal through the market area.

Mochit BTS:on BOTH sides-just folow the big crowd to the busstops, are various BMTA citybuses that end in MOchit BUS. There are always people waiting-so ASK. (IN the bus never bother driver with this silly farang ignorance-the conductors jobs is that). Or look+read at the signs: most of the BMTA-own buses have signs with the route beside doors with both Thai and english.

FROM MOchit BUS: as above- folow signs for citybus/BMTA-its south of the main bus platforms-which are separate for arrival and departure, and again ASK-about half of them serve Mochit BTS, with a choice of red/fan, orange AC, white/fan=private, yellow=Private AC or blue/cream=AC, can be both. Avoid as always the orange little minibuses. ANY route starting there has a window (where the conductors have to sign on and get change etc.) and they are all posted with full route details. The [people working there are very well used to the tipical stray unknowing farang. The signs on the stops even show first/last bus times.

In fact; about ANY part of BKK bigcity is served by one or other buslink from there, incl ALL other busstations and the frequented trainstations So far that same measly 7/8 bt fare you could go all the way..\The walk betweent he 2 (other as some guidebooks or anothe rbrand of ignorant farang seems to think) is not at all str8forward nor in fact easy to follow-all buses make quite big detours, the shortest walking route is via the railway park and along that JJ-Mall. In fact Kampaeng Phet MRT is closer by and easier to find.

And the final: yes, its too short for taxi's. In that case the Bkkian in the know knows it: motosay.