Pepsi Co Loses Long-Time Bottler In Thailand

straycat911

He was a billionaire long before the Carlsberg debacle.

But the Carlsberg debacle and now the pepsi issue say everything about his low ethics

In what way?

I think it says more about his business acumen.

The Danish brewer terminated in 2003 its partnership with Chang, saying

the Thai company did not chip in the agreed assets to the joint venture

and citing cultural differences.

http://newsgroups.de...8/msg00532.html

The dispute which drove Carlsberg out of the Thai market began last year, when Carlsberg terminated its licence agreement with Carlsberg Brewery (Thailand) due to its "failure... to perform its contractual obligations, not least the payment of royalties which were due".

http://www.brandrepu...om/news/447501/

That was their allegation.

What did the courts say?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too lazy to look it up, but since you're so impressed by Charoen, you probably will know.

What I know for sure is that he got awarded NONE of the 2.5 Billion US$ he claimed.

He's a completely self-made multi-billionaire.

Yes, I'm impressed.

Maybe you're also impressed by people like Madoff or Charles Ponzi ?

I'm too lazy to look it up, but since you're so impressed by Charoen, you probably will know.

What I know for sure is that he got awarded NONE of the 2.5 Billion US$ he claimed.

Yes, I'm impressed.

If you have information about Charoen being involved in illegal practices, by all means fill us in.

Yes, I'm impressed.

If you have information about Charoen being involved in illegal practices, by all means fill us in.

My point was more your blind approval for people who have money, regardless of how they made their fortune.

I expressed admiration for a self-made multi-billionaire. Someone who got where they are by hard work, toughness, and smarts.

You obviously think he is some kind of criminal, and I've given up waiting for you to tell us why.

Oh now I know, it's the JR Ewing type you like laugh.png

I expressed admiration for a self-made multi-billionaire. Someone who got where they are by hard work, toughness, and smarts.

You obviously think he is some kind of criminal, and I've given up waiting for you to tell us why.

Still waiting.

Where did I say that he was a criminal ?

Don't force me to use the report button

Still waiting.

Where did I say that he was a criminal ?

Don't force me to use the report button

You drew a comparison with Madoff and Ponzi schemes, buddy.

I said YOU, might like Madoff an Ponzi, learn to read.

And you're not my buddy, far from

You said that if I admired Charoen, maybe I admired Madoff and Ponzi schemes, too -- thus implying a commonality.

Anyway, onversation over. If you find the wherewithall to express the reasons why you think Charoen is a criminal or at least unethical, be sure to get back to us.

Oh...and feel free to tattle on me to teacher.

I said YOU, might like Madoff an Ponzi, learn to read.

And you're not my buddy, far from

You said that if I admired Charoen, maybe I admired Madoff and Ponzi schemes, too -- thus implying a commonality.

Anyway, onversation over. If you find the wherewithall to express the reasons why you think Charoen is a criminal or at least unethical, be sure to get back to us.

Oh...and feel free to tattle on me to teacher.

The proof Charoen is unethical is all over the web, open your eyes.

You think he lost Carlsberg, Pepsi, Kloster because he is such an honest businessman?

Pepsi is back in the supermarkets, including Pepsi Max which I will buying for my Christmas. I will not buy into a product which, in my opinion, is stealing the market (like they managed to get together the new product/marketing/chain in the time between the deal collapsing and the product hitting the market....that marketing is just a LITTLE familiar. To me it looks like the collapsed the deal intentionally to get the run on their former business partner.) and tastes like somebody has tipped an ashtray in Pepsi.

The convenience store market has been sown up by Thai Bev for now, but this will change again as 7/11 determine that they are missing out on business to Tesco Lotus, etc by not having the option. 3-6 months for a return to the shelves across the board. Bear in mind that Chang's insertion did not have to fight with a serious international heavyweight with HUGE budgets at their disposal. Should be interesting.

Pepsi is back in the supermarkets, including Pepsi Max which I will buying for my Christmas. I will not buy into a product which, in my opinion, is stealing the market (like they managed to get together the new product/marketing/chain in the time between the deal collapsing and the product hitting the market....that marketing is just a LITTLE familiar. To me it looks like the collapsed the deal intentionally to get the run on their former business partner.) and tastes like somebody has tipped an ashtray in Pepsi.

The convenience store market has been sown up by Thai Bev for now, but this will change again as 7/11 determine that they are missing out on business to Tesco Lotus, etc by not having the option. 3-6 months for a return to the shelves across the board. Bear in mind that Chang's insertion did not have to fight with a serious international heavyweight with HUGE budgets at their disposal. Should be interesting.

Here in Bangkok east (Srinakarin), still no sign of Pepsi Max and no sign of canned Pepsi products at all.

I only drink one Pepsi Max can a day, so the 1,5 liter bottles are not for me, as I need the fizzyness of a fresk opened Pepsi Max can. I also prefer the taste of canned Pepsi over plastic bottled Pepsi so much, that I would not even consider to buy Pepsi in plastic bottles.

Until canned Pepsi Max is back on the shelves, I will continue to drink canned Coke Zero instead, as in my opinion this is the best substitute for canned Pepsi Max.

For the new EST cola, I have bought one for tasting weeks ago, but can not even get myself to open it, due to the cowardly strategy of Serm Suk (suck).

Edited by Xonax

Last 2 posts a bit odd, maybe in your area ? around where I live 1st on the shelves/fringe was Pepsi Max cans, then came the 1.45 bottles.. oddly the 'new' 1.45 bottles are the same price as the out going 1.25 bottles

Not far from my Village the local 7/11 has Pepsi Max, both in cans and 1.45 bottles, as has the next one 3 km away

​Edit: Yes they also have that est stuff, Thais are buying it, but notice it is always on Promotion....... local 7/11 is 16 baht per 1 lt bottle, price stamped on label is 20 baht.. or buy 2 get 1 Free..

Edited by ignis

Last 2 posts a bit odd, maybe in your area ? around where I live 1st on the shelves/fringe was Pepsi Max cans, then came the 1.45 bottles.. oddly the 'new' 1.45 bottles are the same price as the out going 1.25 bottles

Not far from my Village the local 7/11 has Pepsi Max, both in cans and 1.45 bottles, as has the next one 3 km away

​Edit: Yes they also have that est stuff, Thais are buying it, but notice it is always on Promotion....... local 7/11 is 16 baht per 1 lt bottle, price stamped on label is 20 baht.. or buy 2 get 1 Free..

Must be due to a distribution problem in Srinakarin area then. The last week I have visited Foodland, Tesco Lotus, Makro, Max Valu, Tops, 7/11 and as late as yesterday Villa Market. Non of these had any Pepsi cans on the shelves. I will keep looking, as they must be available soon, if you have them in your area.