Safety Deposit Boxes

TheAceFace

Siam Commercial offer this facility, but I seem to remember their charges being a little on the high side.

But a good idea to get valuables away from the property, especially now that "today" we read that International gangs are operating here """ALSO"""

It's not a bank, but there's a long-established and reliable safe deposit box place at the entrance to the reception area in Jomtien Complex Condo. I've used them for years and have never had a problem. Opening hours are a lot more user-friendly than a bank, and also open seven days a week. A standard box costs 400 Baht a month, but they also have bigger ones if you need to stash away some large items.

• Like 1

It's not a bank, but there's a long-established and reliable safe deposit box place at the entrance to the reception area in Jomtien Complex Condo. I've used them for years and have never had a problem. Opening hours are a lot more user-friendly than a bank, and also open seven days a week. A standard box costs 400 Baht a month, but they also have bigger ones if you need to stash away some large items.

Thanks for the tip...

Thats handy info tongue.png

How safe is safe? Would you trust this place as much as a bank?

I would extend the question:

What are the better options as per who holds the keys and how the access is arranged (you alone or you + bank staff)? Passport or key?

Is it worth adding your own key (presumably a dummy lock available everywhere for 200THB)?

Also, adding more locations would be great, including Central and North PTT, and maybe the Darkside.

Edited by bytebuster