Entitlements With Yellow Tabien Baan?

Aproached Bangkok Bank,Mukdahan to transfer 300000Bt from my personal savings account (.75%) to 4 months at 3%

being widely advertised. Duely a new passbook was produced,after signing several documents,all seemed OK

when a senior staff madam declined the transaction and the amount was put back to savings

I undesrtood that with YELLOW.i was now entitled to better interest on savings account,and permitted to have

term investment in my own name.

To clarify confusion can someone detail exactly what OFFICIAL YELLOW entitlements are???

What has an address book got to do with bank interest.

Go back to the bank, withdraw you savings (make sure everyone in the bank knows the reason) and go to the next bank next door or across the road and open a new acount at the best rate they have..

Some banks perfer a Yellow Tabien Baan because it assigns a ID number to the holder that is traceable to government records. For instance your account erarnings will be taxed. This ID number become the holders ID number for tax and other purposes. However, many banks do not require the Yellow Tabien Baan to open most types of accounts.

I have fixed and savings accounts with SCB and BKB.

I have no yellow book and initially had a cetificate of residence from Immigration.

Get the advertised rates on fixed accounts.

Interest earnings are taxed with 15%.

Something wrong with this lady.

Withdraw your money.

I visited the Government Savings Bank yesterday about a fixed deposit account, just enquiring at this point. The English speaking manager told me Work Permit and Copy of passport were all that was necessary. I brought the g/f's Tambien Baan, she told me it was not necessary, to show my address. Sahatsakhan. 399 days at 3.20%, 2 years 3.34%, no tax to goverment on interest earned. Interest paid at end of term. Minimum deposit 10,000 Bhat.

Edited by Colabamumbai

None other than not having to go to Immigartion or your Embassy for a Residency Permit / Certificate of Residence for purchasing a motor vehicle or your first Thai drivers license. Some posters have claimed that they can go to Government Hospitals under the previous 30 Baht medical scheme but that is usually up country where they are not familiar with the rules. Also some posters have reported that if they own a house under a company they can get electric and water in their name versus in the company name

I personally don't feel that it is worth it to jump through all the hoops to get it , just to save 300 THB (at Jomtien Immigration) everytime I purchase a new car, but that is just my opinion, others feel that they are more "permanent" with it

I visited the Government Savings Bank yesterday about a fixed deposit account, just enquiring at this point. The English speaking manager told me Work Permit and Copy of passport were all that was necessary. I brought the g/f's Tambien Baan, she told me it was not necessary, to show my address. Sahatsakhan. 399 days at 3.20%, 2 years 3.34%, no tax to goverment on interest earned. Interest paid at end of term. Minimum deposit 10,000 Bhat.

The 399 day offer at GSB is one of the better deals available at this time, mainly because through some technical jiggery it is not actually a fixed account and thus not subject to 15% withholding. For those whose Thai-based income (including the interest from this account) falls below the 150,000 baht threshold, the APR of 3.30% is equivalent to 3.8% from a regular tax-withheld fixed account.

Here's the link to their Thai page. http://www.gsb.or.th/products/personal/deposits/special-399day.php

I have that account with BKK ... no yellow book.

Try another branch of the same bank, that bank manager doesn't like foreigners.

Agree, I have a fixed account in Bangkok Bank. I just showed them my passport. Only "problem" was to decline the health insurance they tried to sell me.

• Like 1

It would be handy for spouses from neighboring countries to be registered in the yellow book.

active participating in life in Thailand is encouraged but more importent is the fact that in Laos case, a spouse like my wife, who is registered in Thailand and having children with a NON Lao nationality they, the children can enter Laos on a gratis (free) visa entry.

since july 2012 the border/visa agreements laos made with neighboring countries except Thailand has prompted this decision, we are told

both in Nakhon Phanon and Nongkhai crossings. both acting the same, no visa fee for the children, wife had to proof on both crossings at the Lao immigration that she had a non o dependent in Thailand - re-entry visa and yellow book registration, and it saved us 70 dollars at the time(2 kids)

BUT.........we NEED to comply with paperwork, thus entryvisa paper with photo etc etc......they will recieve a pagefull visa for 30 days without fee 35 dollar each.

Yellow book is in our case a social pass also, to interacyt with Thai society in various ways, clubs, cars, motorcycles, school activities and what have we.

anyway what is a must have for us doesn't necessarily means a must have for another.

hgma

"... told me Work Permit and Copy of passport were all that was necessary. I brought the g/f's Tambien Baan, she told me it was not necessary, to show my address...".

Your WP should have your address in it, acceptable to government offices.

in Laos case, a spouse like my wife, who is registered in Thailand and having children with a NON Lao nationality they, the children can enter Laos on a gratis (free) visa entry."..."

Is that because they are also Lao, because of their mother?

Thanks for the comments, really interesting. Is there not some Govt Document that stipulates

uses for Yellow, Amphur not really helpful Cheers Vince ttl

What has an address book got to do with bank interest.

Go back to the bank, withdraw you savings (make sure everyone in the bank knows the reason) and go to the next bank next door or across the road and open a new acount at the best rate they have..

God, I hate that. When someone is in a business complaining and tried to involve me or inform me of the issues surrounding the complaint. Like a give two shits.

Same as above, also for your extensions at immigration can be helpful

Agree - I was turned down for a multi entry visa once and when I pulled out the YTB he apologised and issued it immediately.

You can't get a visa here in Thailand, the best you can do is get an extension of stay and your YTB may get you a re-entry permit, although there are thousands of individuals that get a re-entry permit by virtue of paying the fee and having a valid permission to stay, YTB is purely optional

Same as above, also for your extensions at immigration can be helpful

Agree - I was turned down for a multi entry visa once and when I pulled out the YTB he apologised and issued it immediately.

You can't get a visa here in Thailand, the best you can do is get an extension of stay and your YTB may get you a re-entry permit, although there are thousands of individuals that get a re-entry permit by virtue of paying the fee and having a valid permission to stay, YTB is purely optional

Obviously, we all know that.

I had the YTB with me at the Thai embassy!

None other than not having to go to Immigartion or your Embassy for a Residency Permit / Certificate of Residence for purchasing a motor vehicle or your first Thai drivers license. Some posters have claimed that they can go to Government Hospitals under the previous 30 Baht medical scheme but that is usually up country where they are not familiar with the rules. Also some posters have reported that if they own a house under a company they can get electric and water in their name versus in the company name

I personally don't feel that it is worth it to jump through all the hoops to get it , just to save 300 THB (at Jomtien Immigration) everytime I purchase a new car, but that is just my opinion, others feel that they are more "permanent" with it

Kanchanaburi is hardly upcountry and I was issued a 30bht card there along with my yellow book.

No hoops to jump through to get it either.

Kanchanaburi is hardly upcountry and I was issued a 30bht card there along with my yellow book.

No hoops to jump through to get it either.

Yes, yes we keep reading this. Myself I will be avoiding ฿30.- health treatment as far as possible. The ฿30.-scheme is, legally, for Thais only. I have written elsewhere that the Tabien baan as a method of identification is being phased out in favour of an ID card. This will presumably indicate that you are not eligible for free treatment. I wouldn't put off getting health insurance on the basis of being in this scheme until you ate too old to get insurance, you may very well regret it. Going for self insurance myself, PLUS a really cheap Thai insurance so I get treatment when I need it whilst unconscious.