Red Bull Heir Did 'coke' Before Bangkok Accident

webfact

By the looks of it we may all get a shock and he will be convicted and jailed. The more the police are saying about the case the more difficult they are making it for themselves to allow him to get off the hook.

I said weeks ago that this would be a test case, the Police v Hi-So,

I have a hunch that the police are seriously p*ssed off and this guy is gonna get it. I hope so.

Couple of thoughts...

1. Lest the latest disclosures further the noose-tiers ambitions, it is quite possible--as anybody that has driven in BKK traffic over time knows--that the motorcycle officer swerved in front of the Ferrarri. And, what are the results of the autopsy on the officer?
  2. What does the outcome of a trial matter in a society where the convicted can pay a stand-in to do their time?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strike 1: Kills a motorcyclist while allegedly speeding

Strike 2: Motorcyclist is a policeman

Strike 3: Leaves scene of accident without stopping

Strike 4: Tries to put blame on family staff member

Strike 5: Over the alcohol limit

Strike 6: Cocaine in bloodstream

Strike 7: Doesn't feel like turning up to Police station again to hear charges.

But will it be enough strikes for someone from such a rich and powerful family to serve jail time?

Add to this the fact that the family of the accused is positioned in the opposition camp to the current government, and I think there is every chance of jail time. Those who say it remains a non-political issue still fail to understand how Thailand works!

The good thing about such an outcome, however, is that it will set a strong precedent, which will make it difficult for those with money and influence in the 'red' camp (as well as other factions) to wriggle out of any similar situations that they may find themselves in the future.

Nice theory but isn't it more likely that some very intense, top level tea money negotiations are in progress as to how many shares of Red Bull will finally change hands?

By the looks of it we may all get a shock and he will be convicted and jailed. The more the police are saying about the case the more difficult they are making it for themselves to allow him to get off the hook.

I have a hunch that the police are seriously p*ssed off and this guy is gonna get it. I hope so.

You seem to put a lot of store into what the police can or will do for justice in this country. The institution that decides on justice is not the police - they can pnly collect evidence. This case has still to proceed past a court of law, involving judges, lawyers, witnesses, forensics and then the higher powers who may have a different idea of what justice is all about. There are many hurdles to cross - the police in this case are not the final arbiters.

But will it be enough strikes for someone from such a rich and powerful family to serve jail time?

Lucky he is not in Saudi as he would have already been beheaded.

NOT if he was a hi- so over there - they do this kind of thing and much worse all the time and it never sees the light of day - except in rumours.

Case in point, a woman was beheaded recently for refusing sex with a man.

Nice theory but isn't it more likely that some very intense, top level tea money negotiations are in progress as to how many shares of Red Bull will finally change hands?

There will never be any shares changing hands or any type of control in the company. Money, perhaps, but shares, never.

Of course. But the real question is, when was the last time he did not do coke? How do you grow up as the son of one of the richest and most powerful men in the country, and become a normal, respectful, well intentioned human being? Which of course he is not. A Rockefeller, Kennedy, or Vanderbilt he is not. What kind of moral, and ethical system are the sons of billionaires taught in Thailand?

Umm that they own the country and no one can disrespect them......

You seem to put a lot of store into what the police can or will do for justice in this country. The institution that decides on justice is not the police - they can pnly collect evidence. This case has still to proceed past a court of law, involving judges, lawyers, witnesses, forensics and then the higher powers who may have a different idea of what justice is all about. There are many hurdles to cross - the police in this case are not the final arbiters.

"The institution that decides on justice is not the police" you are joking, right? In many cases the police definitely decide on justice. People can be killed and a suitable payment can be negotiated by the police (with their cut deducted of course) and no charges laid.

Well, well, well...what do we have here?

A privilaged boy found to be intoxicated on illegal drugs while driving around and you had a very public and compromising fatal accident.

Hmmmm...now we have a situation here son...if you know what I mean?

Said the opportunistic police general to the rich mans son.

Unfortunately this arrest has to be turned into a political matter for justice to be served.

With the family of the offender being who they are we all know that left to the system this would have a very different outcome.

Starting with the fact that they've already tried to switch the blame to his passenger, that they have already tried to sway justice with the assistance of the stations top man (who I believe has been removed)

I'm sorry but this case has to be kept firmly in the full view of the public eye with the outcome printed for all to see.

As for his non appearance yesterday afternoon I do not understand why the police came out with the statement that "if he didn't show up" by the end of the day they would "consider" confiscating the bail money & issuing an arrest warrant.

This young offender is on a serious charge of at least manslaughter if not murder !!

He has broken his terms of bail & should be arrested immediately without question & detained until his case is heard in court.

He was not asked to come to court he was Summoned!!

He was shown leniency & given bail but has shown no remorse for his actions & now shows contempt for the courts, leniency should now be withdrawn !

Was he summoned by the police to hear the charges, or was he summonsed? There's a big difference.

post # 64

Case in point, a woman was beheaded recently for refusing sex with a man.

Well you got it half right. It was not the courts that beheaded her, it was a friend of her family after she refused the family's demand that she enter into prostitution.

Nope and he will probably still drive in the celebrity race at the 2014 grand prix.

Is he scheduled to drive in that?

Just a bit of sacasism on my part, but don't be suprised if he does. In Australia during the grand prix car manufacturers provide vehicles (promotional campaign) and celebrities and high profile people have a novelty race. Now this guy's family is a majority shareholder in redbull a MAJOR sponser of the event and they also own the farari dealership in Thailand. I can see this guy partaking in the celebrity race as the Red Bull, Farari and Thailand poster boy with the full backing of the Red Bull family.

I think you are probably right. He would have been a likely candidate for the race. Can't see it happening now though.

The question is - WHERE IS HE ?

Looks to me as if he's skipped bail and legged it, done a runner, destination known only to a few

He doesn't have to have legged it, no great surprise that he is keeping a low profile.

He may show up after the Chinese festival. Paying respects to the ancestors as a priority has been cited in another case before.

It's worth remembering that there are very few of these 'Super HiSo' families in Thailand. By that, I mean owners and mega-wealthy controlling families of global corporations. They can do no wrong.

I agree with many posters and sincerely hope that due legal process is followed. You can bet your bottom dollar it already would have been if the guy was not mega-wealthy/powerful and one of a closed circle of these 'untouchables'.

All of these families would have immediate access to the most senior politicians.

Red Bull is a fantastically powerful brand to promote Thailand and any politcian would not want to be the person who possibly destroyed that position.

But, of course, something must happen.

My guess?

1. A profound apology (monies already having been paid);

2 The guy 'steps down' from such a high profile position within the organisation;

3. He enters the political arena, using a tiny part of the massed fortune to rapidly rise to power.

Regardless of the pertinent legal issues in connection with this needless accident I wonder how the relevant international entities feel about this. For example Red Bull in Austria now know they have a partner in Thailand who openly tries to avert the course of justice on behalf of his sons actions and this will surely have international repercusions and also Ferrari, who have a sole distributor in Thailand who by the actions of this family bring the Ferrari name into disrepute.Not to mention that their local technicians /mechanics were supposedly unable to lift the data from the vehicles black box.

It would appear that apathy is no longer a Thai perogative and it has spread globaly, at least amongst the priviledged.

"Police have also asked medical experts to verify how the use of cocaine can affect one's mental abilities, and said this latest discovery would lead to an additional charge against Vorayuth."

Well, now I know why there is no drug awareness among the students in Thailand. If the police don't have a clue about the affects of drugs and need a medical expert to tell them, why should one expect anyone else to have this awareness? giggle.gif

Would you know the effects of all different levels of cocaine and alcohol traces found in the blood stream? I don't know many UK police officers who would be able to quote that accurately for all different combinations. That's why police and prosecution services use experts.

Regardless of the pertinent legal issues in connection with this needless accident I wonder how the relevant international entities feel about this. For example Red Bull in Austria now know they have a partner in Thailand who openly tries to avert the course of justice on behalf of his sons actions and this will surely have international repercusions and also Ferrari, who have a sole distributor in Thailand who by the actions of this family bring the Ferrari name into disrepute.Not to mention that their local technicians /mechanics were supposedly unable to lift the data from the vehicles black box.

It would appear that apathy is no longer a Thai perogative and it has spread globaly, at least amongst the priviledged.

It's "perverting the course of justice" - which in most countries is a serious criminal charge. Although you make good points the sad reality is this family are the majority share holders so the Austrians will keep their heads down as long as the money comes rolling in. Ferrari is an Italian company and anyone who has worked in Italy will know the Italian attitude to business ethics and the law in general - again, as long as sales don't suffer, they won't give a monkey's.

If Thailand gets a grand prix this will all simply blow over in the excitement and whoe-betide any journalist who rakes it up.

It's worth remembering that there are very few of these 'Super HiSo' families in Thailand. By that, I mean owners and mega-wealthy controlling families of global corporations. They can do no wrong.

I agree with many posters and sincerely hope that due legal process is followed. You can bet your bottom dollar it already would have been if the guy was not mega-wealthy/powerful and one of a closed circle of these 'untouchables'.

All of these families would have immediate access to the most senior politicians.

Red Bull is a fantastically powerful brand to promote Thailand and any politcian would not want to be the person who possibly destroyed that position.

But, of course, something must happen.

My guess?

1. A profound apology (monies already having been paid);

2 The guy 'steps down' from such a high profile position within the organisation;

3. He enters the political arena, using a tiny part of the massed fortune to rapidly rise to power.

I hope you're wrong - but somehow your guess scenario seems to have a ring to it!

It hasn't reached the tipping point yet.....if it ever will.

Red Bull (Austrian branch) is no doubt unhappy about the negative publicity regarding the "Red Bull heir" but they must be one of the most promoted products in the world. They sponsor every sport imaginable, so the publicity scales are in their favour. Ferrari likewise is a little embarrassed with the high-profile crashes in Asia but will laugh all the way to the bank.

but if it does reach that tipping point there will be repercussions for the family. All his sponsors stood by Lance Armstrong until the evidence was in, then they acted to distance themselves quickly. Human nature to do so, and good business practice also.