90 Day Reporting...ems?

Yes you can use Registered mail, "long tabien" (i think in Thai). Its about 7 baht I think , cant remember I know its pennies though as thats how I do it every 3 months.

Just remember to keep the receipt with printed number on it, and enclose a stamped addressed envelope for the returning paper.

Edited by CharlieH

There is simply no postal rate of 10 baht.

3 baht is ample, 5 if you want to be safe.

9 baht covers you up to 250 gms, ie more than a packet of butter.

I'm sure your bit of paperwork isn't that heavy.

And as a stamp collector, can I ask you to use real stamps

and not them awful sticky labels. Ta.

I believe the difference between EMS and registered is that when using EMS the barcode of the EMS slip on the letter is read at every stage, i.e. when it is accepted by the receiving post office, when it goes in their bin for onward delivery to the local mail centre, when it goes in their bin for delivery to say, Nong Khai, when it is received by, say, Nong Khai and when it goes out for delivery. You can thus check exactly where the letter is.

With registered I believe the letter is received at the post office you hand it in at and the bar code is read then. After that the letter goes through the normal mail system and the barcode is only read again when it goes out for delivery. There is no intermediate tracking. But in both EMS and registered mail the letter must be signed for.