Playstation 2 Memory Card Problems.

pop3

OK. Here's the story. I have just bought a Sony PlayStation 2 from Tukcom Siracha for my son to play games on, his favourite game is Burnout 3. The playStation came with a choice of 10 games of which Burnout was one of them, I have tried to save the game on 2 separate memory cards that were purchased in two separate shops, although the PlayStation recognises the memory card when started with no disc in the machine when I try to save the game I have a message ... No memory card in card slot, insert memory card and try again.

I have since taken the PlayStation back to the shop where I purchased it but was told the machine is a copy and also the games are all copy and you can not save a game.

The price I paid for my machine was 4,200 B the price in the Sony shop is around 6,000 B

I have a friend who has what he thinks is a genuine Sony PlayStation 2 but he tells me that his PlayStation can not play copy games ? I have not yet asked him if he can store a game on his or not biggrin.png

The thing that puzzles me is this, Most of the kids in this country will be using the copy machine along with the copy games, I can not believe all these kids are playing games without being able to save what they have played ?

That made me laugh, the machine is copied so cannot save games. That would be the best anti-piracy method ever.

Simply sounds like you got a cheap memory card that is not supported. Try going to another game store and purchasing an official memory card (yellow packaging) as the PS2 is notoriously picky for not accepting any other memory cards than official Sony ones.

Hope this helps, Burnout is great fun!

That made me laugh, the machine is copied so cannot save games. That would be the best anti-piracy method ever.

Simply sounds like you got a cheap memory card that is not supported. Try going to another game store and purchasing an official memory card (yellow packaging) as the PS2 is notoriously picky for not accepting any other memory cards than official Sony ones.

Thanks ianwuk I will now try to find a genuine Sony memory card and try that, here is a photo of the 2 Ive tried so far.

post-9169-0-00715200-1350967441_thumb.jp

post-9169-0-72875600-1350967551_thumb.jp

Edited by pop3

The one on the right is the official one or it may be a cheap knock-off made to look like the original.

Using the memory card from the yellow packaging, boot up the PS2 with no disc, go to the main menu, can you access the memory card and see what is on it? Try formatting it and then seeing if a game can save to it. Do you get the same thing with both slots being used? If it is the same with both slots it may actually be a hardware issue with the PS2 itself. I also seem to remember the memory card slots on PS2 can be opened using your finger, try blowing any dust from inside using compressed air and also clean the contacts of the memory card itself.

Edited by ianwuk