Immunity For Thai Senator Who Shot Ex-Wife

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""A senator should do his job during a parliamentary session." - surely they mean a crime suspect should be allowed to do his job? doesn't quite have the same feel though does it?

It would seem the higher echalons of Thai society believe they have a licence to kill?

They do, don't they?

BTW, I wonder if the senator is allowed to take his uzi into work as well.

If an MP was caught trafficking in drugs, would he receive parliamentary immunity? Not that they could actually stop and search one, but hypothetically are they immune from any prosecution?

They would be immune from prosecution or questioning while parliament is in session.

""A senator should do his job during a parliamentary session." - surely they mean a crime suspect should be allowed to do his job? doesn't quite have the same feel though does it?

It would seem the higher echalons of Thai society believe they have a licence to kill?

In any civilised country a politician involved in such an incident would be coherced into resigning for the sake of the party or at the very least he would be suspended until a full and thorough investigation has been conducted. He definately would not have the protection of the parliarment.

In any civilised country a politician involved in such an incident would be coherced into resigning for the sake of the party or at the very least he would be suspended until a full and thorough investigation has been conducted. He definately would not have the protection of the parliarment.

1) Which party? I think he's appointed.

2) It makes some sense that a parliamentary member does not automatically get stood down when there is some "incident", since it would be relatively easy to make up some story just so that they don't get to vote on some important piece of legislation. Innocent until proven guilty, and all that.

As it stands, the senate have the ability to force him to stand down, and they have chosen not to do that. If anything, any blame that the senator is still there rests with them, but it is quite possible that it was a complete accident regardless of how ridiculous it sounds, and the stupidity of having the gun there in the first place.

Yep, this farcical, idiotic, corrupt, dumb, stupid country doesn't deserve the likes of us. What about we all vote with our feet and leave?

There's always one! Bye Bye then - hope you have a nice trip to wherever. wai2.gif

Agree. Read the daily news from your own country. sad.png
  • Like 1

So what's a stroke sufferer doing with a machine pistol at the dinner table. Quite obviously the bullet became unnamed ending up in his secretary.

Anyone want to buy some flying pigs?

Seems rather strange taking an uzi pistol to dinner with you let alone taking it out - maybe the meat was undercooked and he was just making sure it was dead!!!!!

The fact that he thought that he had a damaged bullet inside the gun made him think that it would come out at 90 degrees to where he was pointing the gun so it was all a simple mistake, the bullet wasn't damaged at all so instead of shooting his dinner his wife paid for his carelessness!! Why he want want to put a duff bullet inside the gun in the first place makes me think that the whole thing might actually be a pack of lies and on the night his wife wasn't his best friend!!rolleyes.gif.

• Like 1

I hope this makes international news, that the world can see the state this country is in, hopefully some of the worlds governments might start to question Thailand's legal system and start with some gentle nudges in the right direction toward a proper legal system. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Share it on Facebook. I've asked my friends to not drink redbull.
  • Like 1

Firstly a safe semi auto weapon will NOT have a round ready to dis-charge, the first round has to be positioned by manually pulling the slide back to fire. Secondly the weapon will have a safety catch so it cannot be fired. This guy is either daft OR..................... sad.png

• Like 1

“He said the gun went off while he was trying to remove a jammed bullet”

Fair enough…….We all know how hard it can be to carry out a ‘stoppage drill’ on a Uzi machine pistol while stuffing down fish heads and rice at the same time….All the time trying to maintain polite Hi-So dinner table conversation………..Poor guy……Don’t you know who he is?

Anyway…….It was his ex-wife, so no worries!

“Amazing Thailand”

I hope this makes international news, that the world can see the state this country is in, hopefully some of the worlds governments might start to question Thailand's legal system and start with some gentle nudges in the right direction toward a proper legal system. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Yeah, big chance! Remember "The UN is not my father"?

He said the gun went off while he was trying to remove a jammed bullet ...

..." the death was an accident caused by ill health following a stroke."

But healthy enough for a parliamentary session?

No more accidents please !

Some facts about the Uzi, It is a Submachine Gun, Sometime referred to as a machine pistol. The similarity with a hand gun, (sometimes called a pistol) ends in the name ‘pistol’

When the trigger is operated on the Uzi it will discharge, and keep discharging rounds so long as the trigger is held in or the magazine is empty………..It’s utilizes a system known as ‘blow-back’ and using a ‘fixed firing pin’ this give a high rate of fire…..600 rpm…Practical rate…..Up to about 120 rpm.

A hand gun, (pistol) will or in the majority of types of hand gun will fire only one round each time the trigger is operated, to fire another the trigger has to release and then re applied to fire another round.

The Uzi is a machine gun…….Sometimes called a machine pistol because of its small size. If this cock had the mag on…..full…………Up to 32 rounds. It would have taken about just under 4 seconds to un-load the magazine.

I think if this cock was dumb enough to try and clear a stoppage at the dinner table, with people in front of him….He was dumb enough to do it without removing the mag first….I’d bet she was hit with more than one rd.

Having said all this………..Did someone say something about flying pigs?

• Like 1

"After the session ends on November 28 police can take him for questioning," Senator Somchai Sawaengkarn told AFP. "A senator should do his job during a parliamentary session."

Which clearly involves gunning people down at the dinner table.

Some facts about the Uzi, It is a Submachine Gun, Sometime referred to as a machine pistol. The similarity with a hand gun, (sometimes called a pistol) ends in the name ‘pistol’

When the trigger is operated on the Uzi it will discharge, and keep discharging rounds so long as the trigger is held in or the magazine is empty………..It’s utilizes a system known as ‘blow-back’ and using a ‘fixed firing pin’ this give a high rate of fire…..600 rpm…Practical rate…..Up to about 120 rpm.

A hand gun, (pistol) will or in the majority of types of hand gun will fire only one round each time the trigger is operated, to fire another the trigger has to release and then re applied to fire another round.

The Uzi is a machine gun…….Sometimes called a machine pistol because of its small size. If this cock had the mag on…..full…………Up to 32 rounds. It would have taken about just under 4 seconds to un-load the magazine.

I think if this cock was dumb enough to try and clear a stoppage at the dinner table, with people in front of him….He was dumb enough to do it without removing the mag first….I’d bet she was hit with more than one rd.

Having said all this………..Did someone say something about flying pigs?

As it was quoted somewhere it was a semi auto l assumed conventional operation. If not conventional then <deleted> is this numnut doing fiddling with it in a restaurant. Needs admission to a nut house, not be part of governing LOS. w00t.gif
  • Like 2

The worst thing:

"Upper house lawmakers voted 94-2 to uphold Boonsong Kowawisarat's constitutional right to immunity during the parliamentary session."

Well, people have the government they deserve.

The government that the policy makers bought and paid for. You folks that took money for your vote got screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

This is one of the perks by being rich and living in a third world country with no law enforcement or judicial system to speak of, country run by the law of the gun. It doesn’t need the world media to report this incident we are all bright enough and aware to know what happens in any third world country regarding upholding the law.

• Like 1