Bmw X1

rics21

....may I suggest to get actually back to the OP question! My opinion on the Volvos. Before getting my Golf GTI i was also looking at the C-Class and the s60.

Test drove both. Liked the Volvo quite a bit more. Felt better to drive, seemed to have good oomph, the C-Class seemed to have a bit more lethargy or less accelerator feel. This of course is just from a 10 min test drive, so might not be the last shout on it.

Loved the seats in the Volvo and the overall feel. True is that resales will be lots less than a C-Class.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'thaicruze' the problem is we all here choose to live in Thailand, so must accept the prices....

In UK the new Daewoo Kalos opps Chevy Sonic, cost less + is full of airbags and has ABS cost 2,500 GBP less then the like for like Ford Fiesta....

even a Toyota Yaris in the UK has more options + has a 5 speed Auto or 6 speed manual and cost less....

As for the Cruze like for like cost some 100,000+ baht less in the UK

As for the BMW X1, no myself if i wanted a BMW would go for a 2nd hand X5 for the same price.. much better and more class.. everyone is different, need said car for a different reason.

Myself the pickup is renewed every 3 years, the car well did buy a new Jazz when they arrived in Thailand, but early 2008 sold it and bought a 10 yr old Audi A6, so is now almost 15 years old.

You STILL don't get it.

Every car here is marked up. The issue is, are you getting what you pay for?

A Titanium Focus in the US fully loaded is 830,000 baht (around), here it's 1,079,000 baht. Marked up? Yes. Do you get what you pay for? YES.

X1? Cheap in the US, marked up as a premium luxury car here in Thailand. Are you getting what you pay for? NO.

A Focus Titanium will give you more luxury and technology than the X1.

Edited by thaicruze

....may I suggest to get actually back to the OP question! My opinion on the Volvos. Before getting my Golf GTI i was also looking at the C-Class and the s60.

Test drove both. Liked the Volvo quite a bit more. Felt better to drive, seemed to have good oomph, the C-Class seemed to have a bit more lethargy or less accelerator feel. This of course is just from a 10 min test drive, so might not be the last shout on it.

Loved the seats in the Volvo and the overall feel. True is that resales will be lots less than a C-Class.

But I am answering the OPs question.

His original question wasn't about Volvos. His question was if we had suggestions. Should he get the Diesel ot Petrol X1.

My answer is, neither one. They're both overpriced, cheap plastic, crappy ride shit and that he should take the money and get the top of the line of something else. But not pretend like he is rich and get an X1.

All New 2012 Mercedes-Benz B200 1.6 turbo engine here in Thailand, same sort of price as the BMW X1

is it a better option ?

2.5 million and ugly as hell. and I'm sure that's just the STARTING price.

Mercedes-Benz_B-Class_Front.jpg?OpenElement

ข้อมูลทางเทคนิค

มิติ (ยาว/กว้าง/สูง) 4,359/1,786/1,557 มม.

เครื่องยนต์ เบนซิน 4 สูบ 16 วาล์ว

ความจุกระบอกสูบ 1,595 ซีซี

กำลัง 115 แรงม้า ที่ 5,300 รอบ/นาทีี

แรงบิดสูงสุด 250 นิวตัน-เมตร ที่ 1,250-4,000 รอบ/นาที

เกียร์ อัตโนมัติ 7 สปีด

ราคา 2,499,000 บาท

You guys. Stop trying to pretend you're rich. Just get everyday GOOD cars that give you comfort and reliability and save your money for when you get old and you can't work. or better yet, take the wife on a nice vacation.

Edited by thaicruze

No idea on exchange rates on US$......

Feb 2004 the top model Jazz here was in UK GBP just over 8,000 GBP, in UK was over 12,000 GBP, so a good price.

if doing the same deal today both would have been the same price..

Likewise the photo posted by 'thaicruze' of the CLS550 cost 15.5 million in 2008 [last year made], the new CLS350 today cost 8 million...

2001 - 2008 BMW X5 cost almost 10 million, today cost less the 6 million.

His original question wasn't about Volvos. His question was if we had suggestions. Should he get the Diesel ot Petrol X1.

My answer is, neither one. They're both overpriced, cheap plastic, crappy ride shit and that he should take the money and get the top of the line of something else. But not pretend like he is rich and get an X1.

Yes, and you've mentioned that about 100 times now in this thread, so shut up about it, the OP knows your opinion.

If the OP wants to buy the X1 so be it. No need insult people who want buy a nice car just because you don't think it's worth it.

TC you have made your point... Sufficiently and with emphasis. Now, everyone can make up their own mind. No need to make post on post repeating the same message. OP or the others know now what type of value is offered by the X1, so let them test drive them, and decide for themselves. After all, they decide what they want to do of their finances, even if I got my own opinion on what is a reasonable choice.

I googled for You Tube videos of "Chevy Cruze Problems" and got 4 million + results, but please carry on with the X1 bashing. sad.png

That's because in a query, it will give you all results that have Chevy all results that have the word Cruze and all results that have the word Problems and all results that have a combination of those words.

if you actually Google "chevy cruze problems" in quotes, so that it looks it up together, you get 10,100 hits in Google, in Youtube you get 6 hits.. And a lot of those hits in Google lead to websites about nothing. There is no problem or chevy cruze just a blank page.

Edited by thaicruze

I googled for You Tube videos of "Chevy Cruze Problems" and got 4 million + results, but please carry on with the X1 bashing. sad.png

That's because in a query, it will give you all results that have Chevy all results that have the word Cruze and all results that have the work Problems and all results that have a combination of those words.

if you actually Google "chevy cruze problems" in quotes, so that it looks it up together, you get 10,100 hits. And a lot of those hits lead to websites about nothing. There is no problem or chevy cruze just a blank page.

Thanks for the tip, I looked up "BMW X1 problems" and got 875 results. :rolleyes:

That's because in a query, it will give you all results that have Chevy all results that have the word Cruze and all results that have the work Problems and all results that have a combination of those words.

if you actually Google "chevy cruze problems" in quotes, so that it looks it up together, you get 10,100 hits. And a lot of those hits lead to websites about nothing. There is no problem or chevy cruze just a blank page.

Do the same with the X1 which you despise so much.

Thanks for the tip, I looked up "BMW X1 problems" and got 875 results. rolleyes.gif

Yes. Now, sift through those and see which websites are actually problems. Same with the Cruze. That doesn't mean anything.

I am sure you will find more issues with the Cruze because the Cruze is the best selling car in the USA and it's sold all throughout the world. More cars, more owners, more issues. I'm sure the Honda Civic will have a mountain of complaints. So, what's your point?

I am showing that you are paying a Luxury Car price for a Car that ISN'T a luxury car. The Cruze isn't a luxury car and isn't priced as a luxury car.

Edited by thaicruze

I never said I despised it. I said that, do I have to say this again? Come on... I said that it is a 30-$40,000 dollar car being sold as a 65-$70,000 dollar car. Those 2 cars are in 2 different categories.

Paying 1 Million for a Focus Priced at 830,000 back home is NOT paying a price for a car in another category.

Why can't you guys get that concept through your thick heads?

At the same time, I said that paying say, $200,000 dollars for a $100,000 dollar car, IF you're rich, then I would say go ahead, because you're paying LUXURY price for a LUXURY car.

In the case of the X1 you're paying LUXURY car price for a NON Luxury car.

Is that clear now?

Edited by thaicruze

I never said I despised it. I said that, do I have to say this again? Come on... I said that it is a 30-$40,000 dollar car being sold as a 65-$70,000 dollar car. Those 2 cars are in 2 different categories.

Paying 1 Million for a Focus Priced at 830,000 back home is NOT paying a price for a car in another category.

Why can't you guys get that concept through your thick heads?

At the same time, I said that paying say, $200,000 dollars for a $100,000 dollar car, IF you're rich, then I would say go ahead, because you're paying LUXURY price for a LUXURY car.

In the case of the X1 you're paying LUXURY car price for a NON Luxury car.

Is that clear now?

I think everybody understands exactly what you're saying as you have repeated yourself numerous times.

Now why don't you pop outside and polish the Cruze whilst at the same time keep repeating to yourself what a great car it is.

NO no, much better Look up xxx car and Recalls. opps sorry Mr Cruze, the list appear to be long for different items on the Cruze since 2011.. Thailand and worldwide

There again look up any car and recalls

Not nearly as long as a Honda Civic, but sure. Actually, Chevrolet has been very good with recalls even calling recalls for problems that affected only a small number of customers.

But again, we aren't talking about recalls or problems. We are talking about Luxury vs non-luxury. But I wont repeat that again.

...before moving on to the Isuzu pickup, which is next on your buying list. wink.png

Anything good for under a million. That should be the top for any person, even if you're rich. if you're super rich, get a van and hire a driver.

I happen to agree, but that's purely my opinion... And may not be the opinion of others. thumbsup.gif

And actually, if I have a car, it is not to have a driver. wink.png

Thanks for the tip, I looked up "BMW X1 problems" and got 875 results. rolleyes.gif

Yes. Now, sift through those and see which websites are actually problems. Same with the Cruze. That doesn't mean anything.

I am sure you will find more issues with the Cruze because the Cruze is the best selling car in the USA and it's sold all throughout the world. More cars, more owners, more issues. I'm sure the Honda Civic will have a mountain of complaints. So, what's your point?

I am showing that you are paying a Luxury Car price for a Car that ISN'T a luxury car. The Cruze isn't a luxury car and isn't priced as a luxury car.

Surely the 875:10100 ratio has statistical significance, comparing to the price ratio and the volume sold ratio. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Payboy

Really want to buy a BMW that will stop and let you on the road when it will be raining hard ? I saw many of them suddenly stoping for no reason.

Maybe the ones assembled in Thailand ?

Edited by Fgis