What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

coolhandjoe

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in Thailand for more than 10 years and have never bought sex from a prostitute! thumbsup.gif I am not putting myself on the high moral horse, it is just that I don't find ladies standing on streetcorners, flashing their tiny tits, tempting at all. To me they are just embarressing themselves (and me). A person whos body you can rent for the price of a good meal, has no appeal to me whatsoever!bah.gif

This isn't the way it works in Thailand. Have you ever REALLY been to Thailand?

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I think there's a lot of people on here trying to validate their choice to marry a prostitute. Good luck with that.

Not as many as the ones opening the "I didn't marry a BG" threads at regular intervals, according to my calculations. It's like a 55-45% distribution, unique to TV. Pretty even, but some won't get any decent 1-1 action with a dedicated adversary. Luckily there are folks who are willing to take either side to balance the battle out.

• Like 1

Personally my point is to avoid any areas where there are any farang at all, only consider girls with zero level of English and as close to zero level of experience with men in general as possible.

This is really, really good advice. And it's what I've been trying to tell friends and acquaintances from the west seeking Thai girls. Sure, there are some Thai girls who speak English well and are honest and decent. But the percentages are much better among those who don't speak much English. And in much larger numbers. These guys who can't speak Thai have no idea what's really available out there. It's almost unfair. If you can speak Thai in Thailand, the world is your oyster.

What a BS with regards to English... the majority of younger (<30y) Thai women now speaks English as they learn it in school or learned it for their normal job either in restaurants, hotels, shopping centers etc., has nothing at all to do with the "hooking up with falang" and not being "honest and decent".

Stupid generalization from my point of view

Could be, doesn't the Grace hotel in BKK have some imported titty flashers hanging in corners ? I have to ask as I've never attended that particular venue, just seen youtube vids.

What a BS with regards to English... the majority of younger (<30y) Thai women now speaks English as they learn it in school or learned it for their normal job either in restaurants, hotels, shopping centers etc., has nothing at all to do with the "hooking up with falang" and not being "honest and decent".

None of the women I meet speak a word of English, unless they previously worked as a sex worker.

And that's including ladies in government schools that are employed as English teachers .... not a word. Where are you meeting these English speaking women.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Better stay clear of the evil luek kruengs, too. They might even speak Italian.

Been in Thailand for more than 10 years and have never bought sex from a prostitute! thumbsup.gif I am not putting myself on the high moral horse, it is just that I don't find ladies standing on streetcorners, flashing their tiny tits, tempting at all. To me they are just embarressing themselves (and me). A person whos body you can rent for the price of a good meal, has no appeal to me whatsoever!bah.gif

What is factually wrong in my post?? The price of a good meal? whistling.gif

Personally my point is to avoid any areas where there are any farang at all, only consider girls with zero level of English and as close to zero level of experience with men in general as possible.

This is really, really good advice. And it's what I've been trying to tell friends and acquaintances from the west seeking Thai girls. Sure, there are some Thai girls who speak English well and are honest and decent. But the percentages are much better among those who don't speak much English. And in much larger numbers. These guys who can't speak Thai have no idea what's really available out there. It's almost unfair. If you can speak Thai in Thailand, the world is your oyster.

I don't agree that the majority of younger Thai women now speak English, but I do agree that the comments you have quoted are inaccurate and silly.

• Like 1

The titty flashing in corners. Never seen it, except in Songkran and those were katoyes.

Then take a trip to Hua Hin, walk the barstreet (s), pass the many "massageshops" where the ladies sitting outside are not shy to lower their bra, showing their tits, while saying the magic words" massage"wub.png . Even doing it, if you are just passing on your motorbike.

The titty flashing in corners. Never seen it, except in Songkran and those were katoyes.

Then take a trip to Hua Hin, walk the barstreet (s), pass the many "massageshops" where the ladies sitting outside are not shy to lower their bra, showing their tits, while saying the magic words" massage"wub.png . Even doing it, if you are just passing on your motorbike.

Oh ok, must be a local specialty then. Never been to Hua Hin.

• Like 1

Is it ok if you met your wife with a bar?

Are you in the "My wife is not a BG" brigade ? If so and you're a purist, I guess it's a faux pas to meet the bride in a bar.

EDIT: Yeah, can't read. It was the heat of the battle that got me all fuzzy and excited. Was a crowbar meant ? I think the type of hardware matters.

Edited by DrTuner

The patent solution is of course to marry a really old BG at the end of her career. Got a few houses, garage full of Benz, tons of gold and won't be going back to job as there's no demand for oldies. To take full advantage one should be 18 himself, then just wait happily for inheritance. I'm getting the vibe some have figured this out already.

Actually, the reality of old bargirls at the end of their careers is usually a lot more pathetic. The few houses and cars are usually owned by the local sharks and pawn shop owners and their one piece of inventory that they know how to manage is so worn and used that no one wants to rent it any more.

:-|

Thaibeachlovers got it right with his question about how many western guys met their partners in western bars. Or nightclubs. Are all these people to be frowned upon? The OP is about where you met your wife, but has predictably turned to a subject on BG's.

Apples and durians. I think we're talking about western bars that are places where people of both sexes go out to have drinks and to socialize vs. the types of bars here where there girls in the bar are employees of said bar and there for the sole purpose of prostituting themselves.

I go to a few places where the employees dress up like nurses and Catholic school girls but I don't trick myself into thinking that it's the kind of place to go to if I have a car accident or want to send someone from my family to private school.

smile.png

Yes i have to agree.But also funny, why so many are worried about where they meet?

The fact be this, any place where you will be in Thailand, as farang, there will be the thais there also. and why are they there? Of course to gain advantage and make money from farang, is the only reason

ie. again..that is why they are there in that place, because it have farang there, they can better themself from farang...money...meet a farang to buy them house ect ect

Even if outside of tourit zone or in small town many still have this attitude,even worse,be bargirl or no

why can some not understand but think because they meet girl with good job or at Khao san road which they beleive is not really bar, they believe they did good and argue on TV his GF better than everyone else?rolleyes.gif

It's just a common identifier. The key issue is the form of employment. It may be a bar, massage parlour, under a street light, on the beach, or even university.

:)

This is getting very, very interesting. So if the key issue is the form of employment, does that mean you have to check out her employment contracts ? Have to be full-time, of course, that's given, what else ? Regular working hours ?

I wouldn't ever pick up a working girl at a bar. 1 it's not my scene and 2 I prefer the white Asian skin tones. But why the fuc_k would I care if some other guy wants to marry some girl he met at a bar, of any sorts?

People need to stop giving a dam_n about things other people do if the things they do cause no harm...

• Like 1

This is getting very, very interesting. So if the key issue is the form of employment, does that mean you have to check out her employment contracts ? Have to be full-time, of course, that's given, what else ? Regular working hours ?

Emotional baggage is a given.

:)

I don't agree that the majority of younger Thai women now speak English, but I do agree that the comments you have quoted are inaccurate and silly.

The majority of Thai English teachers are young women and they don't speak English.smile.png

• Like 1

so my wife speaks english, do people learn to read and write english in bars as well.

dont often see bar girls walking around wth pens.

her father and brothers speak english to, and write, perhaps they are barman.

wake up people, bg have limited terrible english, thats why they work in bars because they are uneducated.

None of the women I meet speak a word of English, unless they previously worked as a sex worker.

And that's including ladies in government schools that are employed as English teachers .... not a word. Where are you meeting these English speaking women.

Obvious he also live in farang populated area if at all he is in BK

Also agree with Thommo that girl in suburb Bangkok usually never speak English at all, not in restaurants, hotels, and especially not in any shopping center ive ever been.

Even major banks sometimes lucky if one person in whole branch speak English.

• Like 1

so my wife speaks english, do people learn to read and write english in bars as well.

wake up people, bg have limited terrible english, thats why they work in bars because they are uneducated.

I think they learn to write English on cell phones and you do see every bar girl walking around with a cell phone. They sleep with cell phones and even .... with the cell phones on. Actually there are best selling books written just for bar girls about English and other languages.

if most westerners in our countries believe our thai brides are all ex bargirls,what do the thais think when they see the girls with us? Do they assume the girls are all ex hookers

Of course! No, actually they usually think they're currently hookers. Unless you're both of a similar age and the girl looks, speaks acts and dresses like an upper-class girl, but even then they'd be suspicious by default.

I've had even office professional female clients ask me to meet them down at a restaurant for lunch rather than being seen walking down the street with me.

Obviously you travel in very different circles. Out of the average social-economic circles (within a generation of peasant farmer) 95%+ of them learned their English working the farang sex scene one way or another. IMO.

In fourteen years I've taught in a very wide variety of schools here and even at the tail end of high school in the most expensive and top-reputation Thai-run places, only a small percentage of the students speak anything close to decent English, and most of them are luek krung or have a farang step-father - and the only place where "the majority" do are at true international schools costing 3/4 million per year and up.

Among adults the only ones I've come across are from the top 1% socioeconomic strata, usually educated overseas. So don't give me your "majority" bullshit.

I also don't know where you get your impressions from, but it's not reality.

Even major banks sometimes lucky if one person in whole branch speak English.

And they're all supposed to in theory, problem is the person hiring them isn't in a position to judge.

For a bit of fun when you walk into a bank or other customer-service situation outside of the farang ghettos, at a time when there aren't too many customers in the place, just bowl up to the counter making eye contact with everyone and ask "so who can speak good English?" and watch the embarrassment and panic.

Especially when they direct you to the manager 8-)

Then the huge sigh of relief in unison when you fess up to speaking decent Thai. Priceless!

Are you suggesting that people who have "limited terrible english" (whatever that means) are uneducated?

I would say that Farangs/expats who have made the decision to stay in this country for a long time and don't have the ability to speak the local language, are the ones who are "uneducated".

• Like 1