What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

coolhandjoe

That said here's my take on the thing, thinking a bar girl here is different from a bar girl in the west shows you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Are there actually places in the West where you can have the " bar girl experience" similar as in Thailand?

They are called Colleges and Universities I believe.

• Like 2

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said here's my take on the thing, thinking a bar girl here is different from a bar girl in the west shows you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Are there actually places in the West where you can have the " bar girl experience" similar as in Thailand?

Ever tried hitting the nightlife in L.A, London, Stockholm etc etc?

I assume you mean having dark-skinned petite women well that's an entirely different thing but the BG principle is the same.

I assume you mean having dark-skinned petite women well that's an entirely different thing but the BG principle is the same.

I thought you meant learning new things from a person who spoke a foreign language.

I thought you meant learning new things from a person who spoke a foreign language.

Now what would that be I wonder?

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

I have never found anywhere in the world (apart from Thailand) where a hooker will pretend to be your girlfriend/wife/lover. It might be different for multi-millionaires and pop stars.

I have never found anywhere in the world (apart from Thailand) where a hooker will pretend to be your girlfriend/wife/lover. It might be different for multi-millionaires and pop stars.

My ex wife pretended to be a hooker once,does that count.

Living in the bush with minimal exposure to the real world, I can see that you think like that.

So I take it you haven't gone to Eastern Europe even. You can if you want even in west, question is if you are capable. The reason why most men come here is the easy way to make an arrangement

. While most women in the west perhaps do not need this kind of arrangement since you can actually make a living, most women here who end up being a prostitute neither has the education nor the mentality of a western woman and find it a whole lot easier to make the deal.

That said that doesn't mean it's not arrangeable in the west, it's because they find it a whole lot easier avoiding the shame here in LOS than back in the west.

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1

Seen from Thailand, Kenya, Jamaica, Brasil would come to mind, quickly

Get real, in western cities when you met & converse in a bar with a women you do not negotiate a financial transaction to get laid; even for a one night stand. besides it's more gratifying to have sex with a stranger based on mutual sexual attraction etc More expensive than Thailand, but generally more fun...

W

Get real, in western cities when you met & converse in a bar with a women you do not negotiate a financial transaction to get laid; even for a one night stand. besides it's more gratifying to have sex with a stranger based on mutual sexual attraction etc More expensive than Thailand, but generally more fun...

Stating that the western women are more loose than Thai women... your call bud. I suggest you re-read my posts and do it thoroughly this time and you might get a hint what I was trying to say.

To Modem

Newbie after 2 posts you jump in to attack the poster of the above pic.

You are a troll and a poor one at that.

I'm not attacking the poster of that photo. I'm saying he should be wary of the "she's different" trap. It's a trap almost all of us have fallen for.

Maybe the poster, who is not resident in this country, is wanting reassurance from people who have been here a long time.

Especially when he reads all the negative posts about Thai girls on TV.

Edited by nontabury

I don't even know what "bar girl in the west" might mean, but if it's sex workers in general I do think the personality type and their modus operandi here, not to mention beauty and youth relative to price, are indeed quite different from back home, or from my limited experience as a punter in Australia and Europe. Of course, fundamentally we're all fellow humans, and there's probably more difference between you and me than anything due to cultural differences - in fact I think there is so much distance between our POV it's more trouble than it's worth continuing along that line.

Regarding the tattoo thing is a farang made paranoia. Even back in the west the locals would look down on men or women who happen to have one since that either means that they belong to a biker gang or are drug addicts and these people bring their paranoia and uneducated presumptions with them on their holiday.

Well where I come from that hasn't been true at least among young people for decades; my daughter got major tattoos and piercing work done as a teenager nearly twenty years ago, and sure my mum and dad disapproved, but it was very much the fashion at her high school at the time, one of the wealthiest suburban communities in the northeast USA. Her mum and I had no problem with it, no one imagined she was into bikes or drugs or anything like that. She's now a practicing psychologist/social worker employed by a major university, and doesn't seem to have any regrets about her tattoos, although she's let most of her piercing's grow over.

So I take it you haven't gone to Eastern Europe even. You can if you want even in west, question is if you are capable. The reason why most men come here is the easy way to make an arrangement

. While most women in the west perhaps do not need this kind of arrangement since you can actually make a living, most women here who end up being a prostitute neither has the education nor the mentality of a western woman and find it a whole lot easier to make the deal.

That said that doesn't mean it's not arrangeable in the west, it's because they find it a whole lot easier avoiding the shame here in LOS than back in the west.

No I've never been to Eastern Europe.

Anyway it don't matter because maybe we're comparing different things when talking about BG's.

In my view BG's are the type of women you hook up with in let's say Nana, Cowboy or your average beer bar down in Pattaya.

Maybe similar bars exist in the West but I've not come across them.

Sure there's prostitutes everywhere but the whole way the industry operates in the West is not really comparable to Thailand.

If I dated a Thai girl and she flashed a tattoo like that in public, I would consider it a very serious insult.

The girl in the photo is allowing herself to be perceived as a hooker. She know this. She must also know that her farang boyfriend will be perceived negatively.

This is abusive. The girl has psychological problems.

based on the content of the above post i might suggest she is not alone

• Like 2

Sure there's prostitutes everywhere but the whole way the industry operates in the West is not really comparable to Thailand.

Shall I do this again (so soon after doing it on another thread)? Well, I'll just say this...

If you mean the way it operates in the west isn't comparable to Nana etc then I think you are mostly right. But if you think that what goes on in Nana or other areas catering to westerners is representative of the Thai sex industry as a whole -- or makes up more than a very small percentage of that industry -- you are...not mostly right.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

To Modem

Newbie after 2 posts you jump in to attack the poster of the above pic.

You are a troll and a poor one at that.

I'm not attacking the poster of that photo. I'm saying he should be wary of the "she's different" trap. It's a trap almost all of us have fallen for.

Maybe the poster, who is not resident in this country, is wanting reassurance from people who have been here a long time.

Especially when he reads all the negative posts about Thai girls on TV.

I don't need reassurance, I'm as aware as anyone of all the horror stories about overseas farang boyfriends / Thai ladies etc etc After reading this forum long enough it would only be a fool that would not be aware of the stories.

Just the same type of fool that can deduce everything about someone's life based upon a solitary photograph.

Carry on. coffee1.gif

ps Nontabury, that wasn't aimed at you.

One huge difference that I really respect here is that the girls are largely free to pick and choose who they'll take on. Some will just charge a bit more for us old fatties, but others just say no and wait for one who'll take her fancy, or seem more likely to be a long-time sponsor.

One stunner in Cowboy told me, I'm not going with anyone until I meet someone who'll take me to the beach for a week, I need a holiday from this place but don't want to pay for the ticket.

Obviously not true at the lower segments of the industry.

@maxme. How do you construe that I said "western women are more loose than Thai women"? What I said was it's more fun connecting with a western woman in a bar when a financial transaction is not required, as it is with BG's

One huge difference that I really respect here is that the girls are largely free to pick and choose who they'll take on. Some will just charge a bit more for us old fatties, but others just say no and wait for one who'll take her fancy, or seem more likely to be a long-time sponsor.

One stunner in Cowboy told me, I'm not going with anyone until I meet someone who'll take me to the beach for a week, I need a holiday from this place but don't want to pay for the ticket.

I should think there are loads of sex work situation elsewhere in which the woman/man also has a choice of whom they service. Not "the lower segments" but you excluded that already. Is that freedom available for he majority of sex workers elsewhere? I don't know but probably not. I'm not sure it is here either; and again, Cowboy isn't representative of much more than a very small percentage.

Perhaps rather than "here" you mean "the places Farangs go to". If that seems a nitpick, I apologize but it's the point I keep trying to make and I do feel it's an important distinction that's so very rarely made (or even known).

@maxme. How do you construe that I said "western women are more loose than Thai women"? What I said was it's more fun connecting with a western woman in a bar when a financial transaction is not required, as it is with BG's

It's a different kind of fun. Just as connecting with a Thai woman in a club who may or may not be a BG but with whom no financial transaction is required is a different kind of fun (and if you think that's not possible or too rare to consider -- you aren't doing it right).

Absolutely. In the US I live a 6 hour drive from Reno, Nevada. Prostitution is legal and thriving in several counties in that state. Ever hear of the Mustang Ranch? It's about 15 miles E. of Reno and not a lot different than LOS. When you enter there is a bar with tables and a bar with barstools. You sit down and order a drink and the ladies show themselves by moving around and you can ask to buy one a drink. The rooms must be in the back.

A friend of mine and I were in Reno on business and decided to go have a look. We had our beer but were so turned off by the whole thing we just left. Those women couldn't carry water for the Thai girls. There are many such brothels in Nevada.

Let's not forget Craigslist and the "nice" girls who advertise, albeit subtly to keep their posts from being deleted, anything you want at your own home or hotel.

Go to any city and ask a cab driver. The places mask themselves as massage or something. They abound around the military bases of which there are many. The greater Seattle area abounds with them because there is a Navy, Air Force, and an Army base all within about 50 miles of each other. The Army and Airforce bases are almost neighbors.

That's not to mention the lower ones who are street walkers, with certain areas sure to produce. My belief is that those are your part timers with a drug habit.

The world's oldest profession.

We really enjoyed the holiday btw

• Like 2

We really enjoyed the holiday btw

Did you catch any crabs ?

Actually in most cities in the US there are "massage" parlors which have only Thai or Chinese but not both. This is their specialty. Just look for Thai massage or Chinese massage.

Let it be,

I don't even know what "bar girl in the west" might mean, but if it's sex workers in general I do think the personality type and their modus operandi here, not to mention beauty and youth relative to price, are indeed quite different from back home, or from my limited experience as a punter in Australia and Europe. Of course, fundamentally we're all fellow humans, and there's probably more difference between you and me than anything due to cultural differences - in fact I think there is so much distance between our POV it's more trouble than it's worth continuing along that line.

Regarding the tattoo thing is a farang made paranoia. Even back in the west the locals would look down on men or women who happen to have one since that either means that they belong to a biker gang or are drug addicts and these people bring their paranoia and uneducated presumptions with them on their holiday.

Well where I come from that hasn't been true at least among young people for decades; my daughter got major tattoos and piercing work done as a teenager nearly twenty years ago, and sure my mum and dad disapproved, but it was very much the fashion at her high school at the time, one of the wealthiest suburban communities in the northeast USA. Her mum and I had no problem with it, no one imagined she was into bikes or drugs or anything like that. She's now a practicing psychologist/social worker employed by a major university, and doesn't seem to have any regrets about her tattoos, although she's let most of her piercing's grow over.

Of course, that inspiration sometimes turns into regret. The American Academy of Dermatology points to a 2004 survey, which found nearly one-fifth of people with tattoos had considered getting their body art removed. And the costs of turning that tattoo into a distant memory aren't cheap. "Our average client spends between $800 and $1,200 to get a tattoo removed.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/10/12/tattoo-business-profits-are-hardly-skin-deep/