Any Law Against Standing Water To Combat Mosquitos

thaifamilyguy

We have a house in our area that has a big pool and it left to fill with water, it is clearly a serious source of mosquitos/flies and thus very dangerous. Not that any law would be enforced, without "encouragement" but I am curious if anybody knows if there are laws similar to Singapore that could deal with it. I would think unlikely but would like to know my rights. Its a villas that is actually habitable, just not bothering with the pool as they not living there.

wjs

We had cases of Dengue fever in our Amphur, the village boss lady told us that an inspector would be coming on the following day to inspect open water surfaces for mosquito potential. A product was distributed free to apply to stagnant water surfaces. He has no power of enforcement although I suppose risking the health of other people must be against the law.. good luck with that anyway.

Go to your local Tessabaan and they will give you little bags of "sand" that look like teabags for free. They are what the local govt distribute freely to households to put in flower pot trays, ornamental ponds etc. to kill the mosquito larve.

Thanks, that is what I thought but just in case there was actually something to use as leverage, I was aware of the mosquito treatment, which is me having to take responsibility for somebody else's pool and as I believe he has his cistern dumping in there, I would need a lot of it, anybody know the best mosquito larve eating fish?

In Singapore, they used to come around with the fogging machines all the time. Where I live in LOS, they've done it once in over a year. Completely pointless. More so as we live next to a swamp. I doubt there are many swamps in Singapore.

Even if there was a law, it wouldn't be enforced here.

Edited by thaibeachlovers