Native English Teachers Needed

ChiefBEM

Everybody,

I do not know if you have seen this or if you are interested but a High School In Ubon is looking for 2 Native English Speakers to teach English starting in April 2006.

Here is the advertisement:

Hi school in Ubon. Thailand needs 2 native English teachers(male or female).The 2,000 students school located in big city,600 km.from Bangkok, Thai people have good attitude to Farang, all facilities in town,many shopping mall, western food(KFC,Burger, Pizza,Mcdonold ect, or local food(cheap,clean and healthy) good kids,good people, good weather,no traffic jam,no crime, sport area and gym,better than Bangkok and Chiengmai. 1-2 year contract.Salary begins 25,000 BathThai.Cheaper cost of living (100Bath/day is enuogh for food and transportation.Job will begin in April 2006

Your opportunity to work and travel in Thailand.

contact with photo and resume to [email protected]

:o

Everybody,

I do not know if you have seen this or if you are interested but a High School In Ubon is looking for 2 Native English Speakers to teach English starting in April 2006.

Here is the advertisement:

Hi school in Ubon. Thailand needs 2 native English teachers(male or female).The 2,000 students school located in big city,600 km.from Bangkok, Thai people have good attitude to Farang, all facilities in town,many shopping mall, western food(KFC,Burger, Pizza,Mcdonold ect, or local food(cheap,clean and healthy) good kids,good people, good weather,no traffic jam,no crime, sport area and gym,better than Bangkok and Chiengmai. 1-2 year contract.Salary begins 25,000 BathThai.Cheaper cost of living (100Bath/day is enuogh for food and transportation.Job will begin in April 2006

Your opportunity to work and travel in Thailand.

contact with photo and resume to [email protected]

:D

Wow,, i have tried to locate that Mc Donnals in Ubon but last 9yrs havent found it..... :o

I wish them luck for that and those 2000 kids deserve good teachers for sure, but I doubt they will be able to find decent people for that job..... who wanna live in the middle of nowhere and work for 25.000 Bt a month.....

and one thing they wrote: "no crime" ??? they must be kidding, isnt it ? :o

I wish them luck for that and those 2000 kids deserve good teachers for sure, but I doubt they will be able to find decent people for that job..... who wanna live in the middle of nowhere and work for 25.000 Bt a month.....

and one thing they wrote: "no crime" ??? they must be kidding, isnt it ? :D

Wolfie

that is in Ubon,, actually we dont have so much,,so that part is true more or less,, few places we have tought,, kind of those places,, dont go during night time....

Wolfie,, kind of frace,,no crime, no nothing....meaning night life,, but Teacher's not looking for night life....they are family people.. :o

Coo,

When I started teaching at a high school in Bangkok I used to get 8,000baht/month and 75 baht/hour overtime. Clearly things have improved a bit.

However, I thought that foreigners now had to be paid a wage that was related to where they came from. Perhaps that's a load of sh......

And why can I teach for 25,000 baht/month but I have to have 40,000baht/month for retirement?

Roger retired in Surin

Coo,

When I started teaching at a high school in Bangkok I used to get 8,000baht/month and 75 baht/hour overtime. Clearly things have improved a bit.

However, I thought that foreigners now had to be paid a wage that was related to where they came from. Perhaps that's a load of sh......

And why can I teach for 25,000 baht/month but I have to have 40,000baht/month for retirement?

Roger retired in Surin

Good question,, maybe immigration would love to answer to that 1,,

Other one is,, work permit???? not mentioned at all,,as with out work permit,, one will be illegal worker and will be well, send back home IF catched....

Coo,

Roger retired in Surin

Roger,

I had heard that you could not work if you were on a retirement visa.

The Retirement Visa says you have to have an income of at least 65,000 baht a month.

Is the information on the Thailand Immagrations Site incorrect?

Would appreciate the real life experiences in comparison to what the Thai Government publishes.

:o

Coo,

Roger retired in Surin

Other one is,, work permit???? not mentioned at all,,as with out work permit,, one will be illegal worker and will be well, send back home IF catched....

Not on the Thai-Australian Working Holiday Visa. An Aussie can work up to 3 months at one company at once for a year with no work permit :D It's just up to the schools to decide if their kids want to learn the Australian vernacular :o

Coo,

Roger retired in Surin

Not on the Thai-Australian Working Holiday Visa. An Aussie can work up to 3 months at one company at once for a year with no work permit :D It's just up to the schools to decide if their kids want to learn the Australian vernacular :D

I thought that was for a Thai National (under very restricted conditions) going to Oz :o Is there a reciprocal agreement that applies for Aussies coming here?

Supplying the source of your statement would be very appreciated :D

The 'I wouldn't get out of bed for less than B70,000' and 'they rip us off so we can do the same' posts just show you the mentality of the firmly entrenched Falangs that never travel outside the known falang area's.

A Thai teacher teaching English in Ubon with a couple of years experience would be getting about B8,000 and if they are lucky enough to be working at a government school they will get an annual increase - after 30+ years they may be on B32,000 which is a real fortune here.

Is all of Thailand a crime hotspot? I've been here over 25 years in Ubon and have never been burgled or accosted in the street, I have never been mugged and have never had my car aerial snapped off by vandals - is it safe to live here? A hel_l of a lot safer than most places I've been.

Travel from anywhere to anywhere in the city limits will cost you B5 and a filling and tasty meal at lunch time will cost you B30 so the information in the post is correct. An evening meal will cost you B50 or B2000 depending on where you want to eat.

Is B25,000 a pittance? Go home and earn $4000 then.

Coo,

Roger retired in Surin

Not on the Thai-Australian Working Holiday Visa. An Aussie can work up to 3 months at one company at once for a year with no work permit :D It's just up to the schools to decide if their kids want to learn the Australian vernacular :D

I thought that was for a Thai National (under very restricted conditions) going to Oz :o Is there a reciprocal agreement that applies for Aussies coming here?

Absolutely. The Thai Embassy in Canberra and the Thai Consulate in Sydney. The agreement is restricted for both parties, but since I meet the requirements, it's not an issue for me.

It is part of the Free trade agreement. Check the immigration web site for Senator Vanstones anouncements.

It has not made it on to the working holiday visa page yet. Same rules as working holiday, under 30, max 12 months, no more than 3 months for 1 employer.

It is part of the Free trade agreement. Check the immigration web site for Senator Vanstones anouncements.

It has not made it on to the working holiday visa page yet. Same rules as working holiday, under 30, max 12 months, no more than 3 months for 1 employer.

There is more information on http://thaisydney.idx.com.au/HoliWorkvisa.html, however it is not completely clear... for example it doesn't expressly say you need an undergraduate degree. I've been looking on Australian Government websites, but all I have seen are couple of media releases, not proper documents.

Coo,

Roger retired in Surin

Not on the Thai-Australian Working Holiday Visa. An Aussie can work up to 3 months at one company at once for a year with no work permit :D It's just up to the schools to decide if their kids want to learn the Australian vernacular :o

Thanks for the information.

Are most of the ESL teachers in Thailand Aussies?

:D

Thanks for the information.

Are most of the ESL teachers in Thailand Aussies?

The vast majority of English teachers in Ubon are American, the Aussie's and Kiwi's get special status with the visa's but seem to prefer BKK and places south.

You would need a degree of some kind to teach at a real school but it would not have to be a degree in Education. The school would probably help you get your work permit and visa but it is not a sure thing - you would have to discuss it with the school.

Private teaching of English conversation is an entirely different thing and all you need is people willing to pay you B300 - B600 per hour to speak to them, difficult in Ubon because most Thai's will not have any English at all except a few words gleaned from movies.

There are Thai's in Ubon that speak near perfect English but they are few and far between.

On a final final note :o

Good news for the post fillers - it means they are doing it because the want to and not for the money. They will be treated well by everybody they meet at the school and will be invited on all the trips the school does.

If they stay for a year it will be a year they will remember forever and will probably still be in contact with some of the people they meet when they are getting the pension at home! :D