Happy Birthday Sweetheart, Here's Your Rolex

theblether

I fail to see just what this has to do with you ? jealous ?

I have just ordered the wife a new Toyota Yaris for passing her test. perhaps I should cancel it ?

You also remind me of a rather obnoxious Farang in a restaurant in Hua Hin.

A party of us had just celebrated the wedding of one of the party at a very nice sea food restaurant near the big standing Buddha. There was 8 of us in the party and we had had the most wonderful meal. We had been there drinking and eating for 6 hours. The staff had been amazing and we wanted for nothing. When the bill came I gave the girl a 1000 Baht tip to share amongst the many staff. This lit up her pretty little face and she ran off to tell the others. as she did this Farang on the next table launched into a tirade about who the F$#k did I think I was doing giving some stinking waitress a 1000 tip ? If people like you keep giving out tips like that then they are going to expect it from all of us living here.

he was politely told where to go as there were women present but what has what I give as a tip got to do with anyone else ? We had had excellent food and great service and taken up two tables for 6 hours. To me that was worth 20 quid, especially when the total bill was so low.

I also gave the waitress at the restaurant we eat at an I Phone 4 that a customer had left at the villa and didn't wan't returning as he had claimed on the insurance.

She is over the moon and I get the best service ever for a phone I didn't like and cost me nothing.

You give your lady as little as you want to and let other people give as much as they want to theirs.

Simple really !

Seriously? You are there for 6 hours at the restaurant and you only give a measly 1000 baht tip?

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure I understand what theblether is complaining about. Successful businessman buys his girlfriend an expensive present for her birthday?

I think he's missing Thailand. biggrin.png

You must have been napping, Semper. He is back in LOS now, so you'd best turn your spotlight off.... Oh, sorry! Cross-thread post whistling.gif

I'm not quite sure I understand what theblether is complaining about. Successful businessman buys his girlfriend an expensive present for her birthday?

You must have been napping, Semper. He is back in LOS now, so you'd best turn your spotlight off.... Oh, sorry! Cross-thread post whistling.gif

Not napping, but noticed that he starts to post at around midnight and stops around 9-10 AM. Sounds like Scottish time to me. Could be wrong though. tongue.png

Not napping, but noticed that he starts to post at around midnight and stops around 9-10 AM. Sounds like Scottish time to me. Could be wrong though. tongue.png

I think you're right. I've heard he's never been to Thailand in his life whistling.gif

I fail to see just what this has to do with you ? jealous ?

I have just ordered the wife a new Toyota Yaris for passing her test. perhaps I should cancel it ?

You also remind me of a rather obnoxious Farang in a restaurant in Hua Hin.

A party of us had just celebrated the wedding of one of the party at a very nice sea food restaurant near the big standing Buddha. There was 8 of us in the party and we had had the most wonderful meal. We had been there drinking and eating for 6 hours. The staff had been amazing and we wanted for nothing. When the bill came I gave the girl a 1000 Baht tip to share amongst the many staff. This lit up her pretty little face and she ran off to tell the others. as she did this Farang on the next table launched into a tirade about who the F$#k did I think I was doing giving some stinking waitress a 1000 tip ? If people like you keep giving out tips like that then they are going to expect it from all of us living here.

he was politely told where to go as there were women present but what has what I give as a tip got to do with anyone else ? We had had excellent food and great service and taken up two tables for 6 hours. To me that was worth 20 quid, especially when the total bill was so low.

I also gave the waitress at the restaurant we eat at an I Phone 4 that a customer had left at the villa and didn't wan't returning as he had claimed on the insurance.

She is over the moon and I get the best service ever for a phone I didn't like and cost me nothing.

You give your lady as little as you want to and let other people give as much as they want to theirs.

Simple really !

Seriously? You are there for 6 hours at the restaurant and you only give a measly 1000 baht tip?

I second that, 6 hours, 8 people I would have likely given more than 1000.

Unfortunately, I would also have had a mild explosion directed at that lowlife telling you what to do.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

this Farang on the next table launched into a tirade about who the F$#k did I think I was doing giving some stinking waitress a 1000 tip ? If people like you keep giving out tips like that then they are going to expect it from all of us living here.

He was obviously not from the US, or not a tourist. whistling.gif

I'm not gonna display my finances to you, but I can tell you that I ran a business in my homecountry before I retired at the age of 32, which is actually 21 years ago. So I don't think I will ever in my life have to worry about a few Baht.

I'm not sure if the same accounts for you, but from your posting history it is clear that you dream about money, and use the argument of other peoples money as often as possible in an attempt to belittle other posters.

My extended life experience tells me that people who do that, only dream about having money but actually don't have it.

You could make several millions more by divulging your secret how you can retire at the tender age of 21 years old. clap2.gif

I'm not gonna display my finances to you, but I can tell you that I ran a business in my homecountry before I retired at the age of 32, which is actually 21 years ago. So I don't think I will ever in my life have to worry about a few Baht.

I'm not sure if the same accounts for you, but from your posting history it is clear that you dream about money, and use the argument of other peoples money as often as possible in an attempt to belittle other posters.

My extended life experience tells me that people who do that, only dream about having money but actually don't have it.

You could make several millions more by divulging your secret how you can retire at the tender age of 21 years old. clap2.gif

Well, I'm sure you could not earn a living as a reader.

I retired at the age of 32,which is actually 21 years ago................and which makes me 53 years old now. shock1.gif

To make sure you understand : 21 years ago I was 32 years old, at which age I retired. 32 + 21 = 53 clap2.gifclap2.gif

Well, I'm sure you could not earn a living as a reader.

I retired at the age of 32,which is actually 21 years ago................and which makes me 53 years old now. shock1.gif

To make sure you understand : 21 years ago I was 32 years old, at which age I retired. 32 + 21 = 53 clap2.gifclap2.gif

My apologies!

I'm sadly lacking in Interpolation skills this evening biggrin.png

If I bought my wife a Rolex, I am sure she would beat the crap out of me for spending so much money. sad.png And I am not joking.

The first accurate post!

mario299clap2.gif

No doubt if a99az' wife would have been pleased at a gift of a rolex, she'd not have married him, and he'd not have married her.

Presumably people who give extravagant and expensive gifts associate with people who appreciate such gifts.

SC

Watches are old skool my misses friends hubby bought his wife a brand new mr2 about 6 months ago ,saw her the other day in a brand new BMW 1 series she said my new car,don't know what happened to the mr2 but i do knowThais with money sure ain't shy off splashing it around and why not if you've got it spend it ypu can't take it with you when you go.

Rolex is so old school... try Omega or Chopard (preferably with the dancing diamonds)...

Watches are old skool my misses friends hubby bought his wife a brand new mr2 about 6 months ago ,saw her the other day in a brand new BMW 1 series she said my new car,don't know what happened to the mr2 but i do knowThais with money sure ain't shy off splashing it around and why not if you've got it spend it ypu can't take it with you when you go.

Guys, where i come from old school means cool.cool.pngsleep.png

Edited by Dancealot

Those that can easily afford to !

And those that can't come here to complain about them buying them because they can't !

Ah here we have Bert joining in again, the man for who money clearly is more important than sense.

I presume from your post you are here on the bones of you arse and seem jealous of those that don't have to worry about a few Baht here or a few thousand Baht there.

I can afford to give a 1000 Baht tip and you can't then I'm sorry.

For you not me !

Oh I suppose the Obama health care tax has hit you a bit so have to economise ?

Well Bertie, I'm first of all not an American so nthing to do with your hate against Obama.

my experience dictates you have something to prove or you needn't have written this.