Right, So Who Is It?.......

theblether

I was having dinner at the Xanadu Bar on top of the Furama Hotel ( I recommend highly ) and enjoying the bar and the company of my lady and her pal who is a DJ on CM radio. The band were very good and everything was going swimmingly then!!

A massive spotlight shone right at us from an apartment block next door!!......my Thai pal complained as was told by management, " It's a farang, when we have music, every night at 11.00pm he switches on the spotlight and shines it at us".

Who went to the trouble of having a spotlight installed outside their apartment block?? <deleted> has the Grumpiest Expat in Thailand moved to Chiang Mai? biggrin.png

I'd bloody love to have spotlight outside my apartment, I wouldn't have to walk too far to see some slappers! 55555!

Maybe the Farang guy likes to sleep and relax in his home, crazy isn't it, fancy getting angry when you're disturbed and prevented from sleeping by some happy go lucky plebs in the next building.

up the wattage! that's what I say!

wai.gif

• Like 2

Clearly the highlight of your night,posting it on here.

If I had started a thread saying I had a lovely dinner at the Xanadu bar and everything was great you would all have ganged up on me and kicked my head in. sad.png

Badly behaved farangs are newsworthy Mr Stoneyboy tongue.png

• Like 1

If I had started a thread saying I had a lovely dinner at the Xanadu bar and everything was great you would all have ganged up on me and kicked my head in. sad.png

Spam got a beating today mate...ignore that miserable bugger. biggrin.png

I can be a bit dim sometimes. rolleyes.gif

Yep, you could easily figure out what floor and room the light was coming from, walk over and have a chat with him/them and get the issue sorted.

I'll leave that to the Thais to sort out........I was amazed at the concept of someone going out, buying what looked like an air raid spotlight, installing it on their condo, and religiously switching it on at 11.00 pm.

A wee bit excessive methinks.

I can be a bit dim sometimes. rolleyes.gif

Yep, you could easily figure out what floor and room the light was coming from, walk over and have a chat with him/them and get the issue sorted.

I can just see the resulting headline from this little "chat" - "Farang falls to his death from balcony whilst adjusting spotlight, the police investigation has concluded it was suicide".
  • Like 1

Sounds like this happens often. Why else would a person go to all the trouble to mount a spotlight.

Is there not some law talking about when to stop loud music.

Isn't the Furama Hotel supposed to be a classy hotel. One would think that for the sake of their guests they would not play loud music that late. Or maybe I am thinking of the wrong hotel and it is just a dump.

He has my sympathies and is probably simply trying to indicate that noisy music after 11pm is a bit much. But not the way to approach it.

His problem is that the eventual knock on his door is unlikely to come from those that are seeking to discuss an amicable solution.

• Like 1

Perhaps, he had been told by the management of the establishment that the music ended at 11 pm.

We lived next to a bar for a while and we were told by both the owner of the condo and the manager of the bar, that they closed at midnight every night. Hah -- if people were still buying beer, they stayed open. The smoking table was one floor below our bedroom window, literally outside on the sidewalk.

One night, at 2 am, I went out to complain because we had an early trip to BKK to check out a potential cancer disgnosis. I was told by the patrons -- you should have known about noise when you moved in and why don't you go back to where you came from?

So we did -- back across town to a building where the security people respond to reasonable noise complaints. Oh, fortunately the cancer check was OK, but the trip was pretty tough with no sleep the night before.

Sounds like this happens often. Why else would a person go to all the trouble to mount a spotlight.

Is there not some law talking about when to stop loud music.

Isn't the Furama Hotel supposed to be a classy hotel. One would think that for the sake of their guests they would not play loud music that late. Or maybe I am thinking of the wrong hotel and it is just a dump.

use to be hillside 5,quite classy condos,3 mill for smallest apts,when they were for sale,then japenese bought changed name turned it in to hotel,with expensive night club on roof.

hats off to one with the spotlight. I have noticed it's been quieter after midnight.

The bar came long after HIllside 4 and the other nearby properties were built.

In the past the bar has flaunted noise regulations. It used to be so loud with bad karaoke.

I would think a strobe light would be even more effective. A techie could even use directional microphone to pick up the bars sounds and fire back flashing lights. More noise and more strobe.

Less noise and fewer strobes. I think that is the type of biofeedback principle that is used to quiet barking dogs.

This could work all over Chiang Mai. Make a lot of noise after hours and risk giving your patrons a seizure.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie
  • Like 1

would not say some one using there right to complain about a issue involving his health,being badly behaved,

would not say some one using there right to complain about a issue involving his health,being badly behaved,

Kinda curious as to how the one could figure loud music heard in the building next door after 11:00 PM would be good for some ones health. Or for that matter good for their own ears.

People who choose to move next to a bar and complain about the noise remind me of people who buy a house right under the takeoff end of an airport runway and complain.

The Furama Hotel is not exactly what I would call a bar more like a 4 or 5 star hotel.

With rent's as cheap as they are around CM it would be cheaper to move somewhere quieter than install spotlights !

Very True

But not as much fun. I would try to install a blinker on it one second on one second off That would really get their attention.

Why do drinkers figure they have the rite to subjugate the neighborhood around them to loud noise. If it is that loud how do they communicate with each other. I guess sign language and touch would do it. Not my idea of a good night out. (well maybe the touching part would be OK)

To each their own

• Like 1

Kinda curious as to how the one could figure loud music heard in the building next door after 11:00 PM would be good for some ones health. Or for that matter good for their own ears.

did i not say that,think i fazed it wrong,i applaud the guy for standing up for his rights.
  • Like 1