All Nightclubs To Now Shut By 2 Am In Chaweng

If people want to dance till daylight then LET THE PEOPLE DANCE !!! A better protest may be to bring your boomboxes and go dancing in the streets !!!

As a party venue rapidly becoming irrelevant, Samui needs all the help it can get.

Those with a notion of "what Samui (or Thailand) should be" would do well to learn tolerance of perspectives other than their own. "Sorry for Party Rockin ! " And why can't I buy booze at 4:30pm ? Or at 2:00pm ? 1:00pm ? Or whenever ? <deleted>?

Samui has presistently tried to be "all things to all people", so for Buddha's sake LET THE PEOPLE DANCE !!! Life is short so Bai dten luey !!!

MaiDtorngKitMark :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maybe i am missing something .... maybe the translation ?..... but so these bars will close at 02.00 in protest at being asked to close at 02.00.... ummm ok.....

I live in Lamai. where there are 2 x 'night clubs' which seem to open till whenever they like, prob past 05.00.. i am usually in bed by then or should be..

02.00 works for me...if i want more there is always a bar open somewhere, but better to return home with friends via a 7/11 and buy much less expensive booze.

Do tourists actually come here because night clubs are open all night..... no they are well pissed by then on this stronger alcohol.......the young men want the 3 x S 's... the booze just makes them limp... ( well it does me .;) )

Fantastic news let us hope they all move on to another island at least people can then get a decent nights sleep, hope they introduce it to Koh Phangan left that island after 4 years of living there because every night all you would hear was banging music until 6am

Khun Per

I fully agree with you KhunPer and another thing is all "party people" will in the future go to Lamai. I think this is more about money than anything else

Keep all the tourists in Chaweng and let them party the whole night in the long rung it is good business for the local Samui people and good business for the MIB's

]I do not mind, if if the English of some folks here is not PERFECT, not at all. But look at the text above! This is an imposition from somebody who does know the language. May I refer to the TV-rules: "3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand". Besides it is unnecessary and annoying too.

Do you know what 'If possible' means?

Would you also like to silence people with dyslexia?

I don't think asking people to close at 2am in accordance to the law of the land is unreasonable.

How about the people who have no idea where they are staying when they book their holiday, and wind up in a Hotel that they can't sleep in because of the noise?

And how about the people that live in the general vicinity of these clubs? Are they supposed to close up their homes and businesses and move away just so they can enjoy some piece and quiet?

It is about time that the authorities stopped this noise pollution once and for all, and I am not talking about just Samui, but all over Thailand. I don't have anything against all night partying or bars that stay open 24 hours, but make them build away from residential / Hotel areas and have to build somewhat soundproof buildings, if they want to play loud music all night.

so right selfish people and couldnt give a flying fish the club owners ,ohh money again

yes, close everything after 02.00 am!!! and prevent some accidents by those stupid, drunken morons out there.

make instead a black, quarter black, half, quarter full and full moon party far away on an isolated island!!!!!!!!!!

Herbs herb

• Like 1

Thanks Mole., much better then the previous translation.

Just had the wife translate it for me.

It basically say's this,.....

The owners of the Sound club and Solo are pissed off because of the recent visit of Bangkok officials and their announcement of the strict enforcing of the official 2:00 a.m. closing laws. Both of these clubs open for the latter part of the night and generally get the crowds leaving the Green Mango (which closes at 3:00a.m. and has done for years).

The Sound and Solo are on here looking for people to support their motion to close all the venue's in the Soi green mango area on the 30th of this month (which is when most people are on Koh Phangan for the full moon party) and "perhaps" for a longer period to show solidarity with the said clubs.

Most of these clubs are owned by the same families that were shooting each other a few years ago because of the same stupid opening hours argument. That's when the Green Mango and Sweet Soul Cafe decided to maintain a 3:00 a.m. closing time to accommodate the Sound club and Solo which continued the noise till the sunrise hours. Obviously the numbers of tourists are significantly down over the last few years and the late opening clubs are feeling the pinch.

So it appears this is just a public relations stunt to garner support for the late opening clubs as a last gasp of survival ,before they get phased out altogether.

In all honesty why would a tourist want to be ripped off more than once a night, the Green Mango is famous for taking advantage of drunken tourists as is the other two aforementioned clubs. Plus the fact that Samui has become more of a rip-off generally in recent years with skyrocketing rates for almost everything.

Samui.....Sum Num Na.

How many times have these laws tried to be enforced and then forgotten. Yes people are on holiday and its great to party but Samui isnt the only tourist destination in Thailand. If people want 24 hour partying maybe try somewhere else, am sure thats not the main reason for choosing Samui for a holiday.

yes and if every thought like that then there wouldbeno where to party.

It is a factthat Green Mango Solo Bar Arch Bar sound Bar are all very famous in Thailand and round the world.

You ask allot of specially the younger crowd round the world about thailand. If they have been there is about 60 per cent chance they came to samui and went straight to chaweng as reckommended by someone else and so on.

a bit like the famous Kaosang road.

There are many places to party there are many places to avoid them. ihave not been out in about 4 years but i have to rememebr what first vrought me here.

i don;t like that those places i have moved on but i do reckonise a need for them and i find it very easy to escape these places.

Accommodation is reasonabley cheap infact themost expensive places are in these party areas so peoplecannot complain about them every city needs to have its center nightlife andSamui isacity nowwith the name Nakorn Samui now!

I just fail to understand the initial post.

Is this ruling only applying to Chaweng ?

Does this ruling apply to all the island & the Chaweng entrepreneurs are the ones taking the fight to the government, only concerned about their area?

Does that mean that the National law now applicable to Samui?

Someone was here a week ago, I wonder if it has anything to do with it whistling.gif

Firstly Samui is now classed as a City and because of that the law is clamping down on the island.

There are a few big clubs that like to stay open really late - until 5/6am, 99% of the bars on the main Soi are usually closed at 3am, so are more than happy to close at 2am because to be honest most of the customers have left by then (staggering off to the bigger clubs or Burger King) and it's a very slow hour. These bars are not happy or supportive of the decision AT ALL and dislike having to cut their noses off to spite their faces and yes this was a Thai decision, not a farang one. Personally I don't see what it will achieve as there are plenty of bars in in Maenam, Fishermans, on the ring road etc that will be open and it will simply push the customers there. Meanwhile staff salaries and bills still need to be paid.

Does this ruling apply to all the island & the Chaweng entrepreneurs are the ones taking the fight to the government, only concerned about their area?

Someone was here a week ago, I wonder if it has anything to do with it whistling.gif

Firstly Samui is now classed as a City and because of that the law is clamping down on the island.

There are a few big clubs that like to stay open really late - until 5/6am, 99% of the bars on the main Soi are usually closed at 3am, so are more than happy to close at 2am because to be honest most of the customers have left by then (staggering off to the bigger clubs or Burger King) and it's a very slow hour. These bars are not happy or supportive of the decision AT ALL and dislike having to cut their noses off to spite their faces and yes this was a Thai decision, not a farang one. Personally I don't see what it will achieve as there are plenty of bars in in Maenam, Fishermans, on the ring road etc that will be open and it will simply push the customers there. Meanwhile staff salaries and bills still need to be paid.

I agree with most of what you say here. Chaweng Beach road near The Islander and Soi Green Mango area is pretty much all closed by 2am or very shortly after anyway and it is only Soi Green Mango itself and the clubs inside it that stay open for business into the wee small hours.

One point though is that i certainly do not see all the younger party/clubbing type of crowd all suddenly finding there way round to the likes of Maenam sitting in some bar til 6am somehow. I wouldn't think it's quite their type of scene.

After all in Soi Green Mango you have large clubs with full on sound systems and DJ's that can handle hundreds of customers all partying hard all night.....so i just don't see them all flocking half way round the island at 2am just to sit in a bar, it's like chalk and cheese.. biggrin.png

Word is already out and about and i've had a few online asking me if this is true about the closing times....but i think we all know it'll probably be back to "normal" before long. Well, i'd be very surprised if it's not normal service very soon and that this is a REAL clampdown that lasts.....time will tell i guess.......smile.png

I agree with most of what you say here. Chaweng Beach road near The Islander and Soi Green Mango area is pretty much all closed by 2am or very shortly after anyway and it is only Soi Green Mango itself and the clubs inside it that stay open for business into the wee small hours.

One point though is that i certainly do not see all the younger party/clubbing type of crowd all suddenly finding there way round to the likes of Maenam sitting in some bar til 6am somehow. I wouldn't think it's quite their type of scene.

After all in Soi Green Mango you have large clubs with full on sound systems and DJ's that can handle hundreds of customers all partying hard all night.....so i just don't see them all flocking half way round the island at 2am just to sit in a bar, it's like chalk and cheese.. biggrin.png

Word is already out and about and i've had a few online asking me if this is true about the closing times....but i think we all know it'll probably be back to "normal" before long. Well, i'd be very surprised if it's not normal service very soon and that this is a REAL clampdown that lasts.....time will tell i guess.......smile.png

they had this arguement in england manyh years ago when i used to live there about pubs should be open all night as before they used to have last orders by 11 pm then the whole of england used to be filled with streets of pissed people looking for trouble on the way home

being open all night means people can go home when they please which stopps the mix of trouble.

I actually used to like drunken bruals but that was the old days and guess what i still like them.

As for common sense yes they should all be open all night but goverment please close early at the same time so drunken thugs like mme have more people to bash about with )))

• Like 2

they had this arguement in england manyh years ago when i used to live there about pubs should be open all night as before they used to have last orders by 11 pm then the whole of england used to be filled with streets of pissed people looking for trouble on the way home

being open all night means people can go home when they please which stopps the mix of trouble.

I actually used to like drunken bruals but that was the old days and guess what i still like them.

As for common sense yes they should all be open all night but goverment please close early at the same time so drunken thugs like mme have more people to bash about with )))

And binge drinking.

Last night all bars on Soi reggae closed.

All bars have been ordered to pay 2000 baht more in tea money per month.

The BiB has also asked my wife for 2000 baht now, never paid anything before.

I would imagine the the "fee" increase for solo bar has risen very high.

Last night all bars on Soi reggae closed.

All bars have been ordered to pay 2000 baht more in tea money per month.

The BiB has also asked my wife for 2000 baht now, never paid anything before.

I would imagine the the "fee" increase for solo bar has risen very high.

u mean that police box i could imagine the police would be very un happy if all the night places closed

Edited by BigC

I was in Chaweng last night, and I have not seen it so quiet for years. Just after midnight, there were none of those taxi queues that normally stretch from before Solo Bar to Soi Green Mango, and hardly anyone about.

I thought everyone must have gone to a Full Moon Party. It was quite weird driving through Soi GM, and seeing it all in darkness. :-)

God knows where all the tourists disappeared to.

A lot of income must have been lost last night, and not just the clubs. The taxis, songthaews, food stalls, bar girls, and everyone that earns from that area.

I can understand why places like Sound protesting. No one normally goes there until late, so their takings must be well down, but the complaints about this will come from more than just the beer bars and clubs.

Chaweng is always dead on the night of the Full Moon Party lol.

Well Galaxy, Hush Bar and Flow will be open... That much I know smile.png

Scrap that... Hush is closed and I don't know now about Flow and Galaxy... My guess is they will probably also be closed. Hush will deffo be open business as usual tomorrow though.