3Bb Vdsl 20Mb / 5Mb (Anyone Has It?)

robblok

I am wondering if anyone has this. I am now on 16mb / 1mb so that is quite good but i prefer to have a bit more upload speed. This comes in handy for all those cloud backup settings.

But the price is so much more, i am wondering if anyone has it and what their experiences are.

Download speed wise i would not improve too much, i am already downloading full speed from newsgroups but the upload speed would be nice. Just wanting some feedback on this.

I hadn't realised until I made enquiries but VDSL is only available to an individual subscriber if you live in a building that has VDSL termination equipment already installed. At least in BKK, there aren't very many of them.

Perhaps you already know this but I mention it just in case because it isn't immediately apparent from the ISP's websites.

I hadn't realised until I made enquiries but VDSL is only available to an individual subscriber if you live in a building that has VDSL termination equipment already installed. At least in BKK, there aren't very many of them.

Perhaps you already know this but I mention it just in case because it isn't immediately apparent from the ISP's websites.

Hi, i did not know this they said it was available and im a bit outside BKK, using the 16mb/ 1mb. Living in a townhouse. Anyway will see if it is really neccesary. Just hate it that i only have 1mb down not that good for automatic backups.

I'm in a similar situation, a house where ADSL is the only option and in my case at a maximum of 12/1. I also want a higher upload speed because I'm often connecting between home & office (& vv) where the upload speed is the limiting factor. TRUE have DOCSIS available on the main road but won't install it 500M down the soi to my house.

After much hounding, my office staff convinced TOT to come and survey the area for their Fibre 2U service. After that they said they would run the fibre if I could convince 3 other neighbours to also subscribe. Then they said 1 other would be ok and finally they might do it for only my house if I go for the full speed package which is 40/5 at THB5500/month. That would be for me ok if it really is fast and reliable. From reading (& google translating) some Thai language forums, I'm not sure that is the case.

If anyone has experience with TOT's fibre service It would be great to hear your experiences.

For thb 5500, I'm sure True would be interested to put a cable to your home if you buy high end / expensive package and sign a contract of a year with them. At this price level, I would choose True cable internet.

TOT doesn't have any connection to Europe, all traffic is routed via USA to Europe which is kinda stupid (but cheap)

For thb 5500, I'm sure True would be interested to put a cable to your home if you buy high end / expensive package and sign a contract of a year with them. At this price level, I would choose True cable internet.

No, TRUE are not interested no matter what package I would subscribe to. My staff and myself have spoken to them numerous times and I have even tried offering to pay for running the cable (though I think it is more complicated than that).

Even though I've told them I will cancel my present ADSL they don't care.

If you can find somebody interested to get True internet for you, you can use wifi links to transport it into your home if there are no buildings between your home and theirs. It would cost much less (except for the initial setup) and you can enjoy True internet. If you are not interested in Wifi, there are other options like VDSL2 transportation via simple phone cable (from proxy home, who has your internet to your home).

If you can find somebody interested to get True internet for you, you can use wifi links to transport it into your home if there are no buildings between your home and theirs. It would cost much less (except for the initial setup) and you can enjoy True internet. If you are not interested in Wifi, there are other options like VDSL2 transportation via simple phone cable (from proxy home, who has your internet to your home).

Thanks for the suggestions but neither are viable in this case.

TOT doesn't have any connection to Europe, all traffic is routed via USA to Europe which is kinda stupid (but cheap)

I was curious about this so just did a few traceroutes with my TOT ADSL connection (I have both TOT & TRUE) to Europe and out of 5, one (to Sweden) was routed through the US but the other 4 were all routed through either the UK or France. See attached screenshot for Denmark.

post-50983-0-95926800-1351511359_thumb.p

No, TRUE are not interested no matter what package I would subscribe to. My staff and myself have spoken to them numerous times and I have even tried offering to pay for running the cable (though I think it is more complicated than that).

Are you kidding me?

500 meters is way too long for any cable internet lol.

My house is only 120 meters from their Last tap point and true has still refused me , they told me that 100 meters is their choke point.

Btw I have told true that I would happily pay for extra set of wires or equipment needed to install for the extra 20 meters and they still have refused me.

My last resort was to bribe the technician that came my house and it actually worked, he told for 8000 he can do it for me but at the end of the day I didn't take the offer because I was not sure of the reliability and problems later on

Are you kidding me?

500 meters is way too long for any cable internet lol.

My house is only 120 meters from their Last tap point and true has still refused me , they told me that 100 meters is their choke point.

Btw I have told true that I would happily pay for extra set of wires or equipment needed to install for the extra 20 meters and they still have refused me.

My last resort was to bribe the technician that came my house and it actually worked, he told for 8000 he can do it for me but at the end of the day I didn't take the offer because I was not sure of the reliability and problems later on

But TOT is prepared to drag fibre optic cable that far so it's just a question of economics. The problem with TRUE is that the front line sales & marketing people don't have any technical knowledge and the technical people know nothing about the business. I (or my office staff) haven't been successful in speaking to anyone there that can answer any question like " are there any plans for future service?" or "How many customers do they need to make it viable?" Not even whether they plan to upgrade the ADSL DSLAM to match the current packages. They just say "Not available"

Anyway I've given up with them. I'll switch to TOT's fibre and all my neighbours can carry on with their pirated Truevisions satellite TV.

The problem with TOT's coming Fiber to Home Service is, as best as I can tell, no one really knows whether it will have the same kinds of delays and chokepoints on international connections as exist now with most local DSL and cable ISPs...

Sure, you might get fiber-fast connections for things inside Thailand. But I suspect most farang such as myself aren't pulling most of our heavier Internet use from inside Thailand sources. And there lies the rub...

Add to that, TOT's well established reputation as a pretty screwed up, unresponsive government agency...and it's not a promising recipe for success.

But, we really haven't had enough substantive reports from users out there who do have TOT's Fiber to Home already. They are operating the service out there in various cummunities, just not yet in the central part of BKK.