Flying Business Class For The First Time.

jimyoung

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Is shorts with t-shirt and flip flops acceptable like in economy or should i wear something a bit smarter?"

shorts+tshirt+flip flops is only acceptable on the beach.

Not in Restaurants not in Economy. But as you have paid your ticket they let you fly no matter how funny you are dressed.

Not acceptable in economy, really?

not acceptable anywhere else in public with exception the beach....

According to who? You?

Doesn't that just make it an opinion?

according to common sense and basic culture.

Having shoes a long trouser and a TShirt isn't an unreasonable thing.

If it is good taste to have the big gold chain on top of it or not is an opinion. But complete clothes is very common on this planet.

Does make me cringe when l see blokes in a sweaty singlet and grubby sweaty shorts disembark, leaving all that stink in the seat that l might have to sit on. bah.gif

what about the bloke in a sweaty shirt, his tie showing the type of gravy he had for supper and stinking long trousers? wink.png

• Like 1

Does make me cringe when l see blokes in a sweaty singlet and grubby sweaty shorts disembark, leaving all that stink in the seat that l might have to sit on. bah.gif

what about the bloke in a sweaty shirt, his tie showing the type of gravy he had for supper and stinking long trousers? wink.png

Think l was referring to their skin contact. bah.gif .................................sick.gif .......................smile.png

Wear dark colours to hide the dinner plates under the pits, a decent deodorant should last the duration of your flight (to Europe at least). To prevent your tie dipping in the rehydrated gravy you can rest it over your shoulder...

Avoid the nylon slacks, cotton is more airy and permits the peanut induced inflight gas to escape.

Once you have the basics covered just like Rod you too could be asking "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?"

When you sit at Don Muang and have to wait, it is disgusting....

You see rich and poor Thais, ugly and handsome, but you don't find any Thai, dressed with flip flops, short trouser, shirt without sleeves, and everything looking like they wear it already 1 week.

And that are not some handsome 20 year old, that are some 50+ year old.

• Like 2

You see rich and poor Thais, ugly and handsome, but you don't find any Thai, dressed with flip flops, short trouser, shirt without sleeves, and everything looking like they wear it already 1 week.

Should print&post this thread at DM, give 'em some TV Expat edgeamakation.

Next up, solving world hunger.

Eh. sad.png . Translate. laugh.png

No maccyD's then at DM?

Is the pub back there?? I'm passing thru soon and will require proper sustenance.

Bring the SAS sustenance stuff for two days op's. laugh.png .

I'll pack my parachute! biggrin.png

Noooooooooooooo, just the plastic sachets will be fine. Forget the chicken curry ones though. laugh.png

Was surrounded by them at Swampy the other week, and they were some of the better dressed ones. I had the bad luck to arrive at the same time as a Russian charter flight I think sad.png , actually it was a relief to hear them speak, was afraid they might have been Glaswegians smile.png

Eh. sad.png . Translate. laugh.png

They could learn a lot about travel attire by reading this thread.

Seemed like a simple OP, and all this resulted, what the hell, might as well take a crack at world hunger.

Cheers,

J

Yes did stray rather off topic. I've flown business with them and I don't have a problem. CMB-BKK and BKK-CMB prone to overbooking in economy so business often fills up with the upgrades. Have noticed they are far more likely to upgrade Westerners, although maybe not in flip flops ? Seen this happen on this route at least 4 or 5 times.

No maccyD's then at DM?

Is the pub back there?? I'm passing thru soon and will require proper sustenance.

Bring the SAS sustenance stuff for two days op's. laugh.png .

I'll pack my parachute! biggrin.png

Noooooooooooooo, just the plastic sachets will be fine. Forget the chicken curry ones though. laugh.png

Them mustard trousers eh? rolleyes.gif

why would anybody who does not suffer from inferiority complexes care how people around him "respond" to his appearance? huh.png

Well ... I care very much how the cute single woman 'responds' to my appearance!

Joys of being a single man ... (don't tell my gf I wrote that ... tongue.png )

One does not have to be single to appreciate that. thumbsup.gif

Yermanee wai.gif