Are Western Getting All The Thai Ladies...the Good Ones?

vspin134

MOST Thai men don't like dark-skinned Thai girls??!!

I just love the nonsense posted on TV forums.

I think it's true that would be their expressed preference if given more choices, IMO if a Thai man actually preferred dark skin he'd keep quiet about it since he'd be considered weird, maybe even kinky, and in my experience very few Thais admit to being kinky (not counting homosexuality, which few even consider kinky these days, just a choice).

In my experience most Thais simply don't understand the concept of separating skin color from aesthetic judgment of beauty, to them it's an intrinsic factor to be part of the evaluation process as much as height and weight, shapeliness and symmetry. No matter how much I try to convince them I honestly don't care about skin color in my preferences (except the fact that I hate corpse-like levels of whiteness) I can see that they are intransigently skeptical; Thais appear to be convinced that all farang actually prefer dark-skinned girls rather than understanding that it's irrelevant to (I think?) most of us.

That'll be the dim ones . . . spiritual siblings of caucasians who come out with such gems as "how can you not like dark skin?!??!?!". I do believe a Thai lady actually had an epiphany when I told her that I like all sorts of different shades of skin as long as its good quality skin. I could almost hear the angels singing.

Just because a lot of Thais don't bother to say anything (against the avalanche of marketing) it doesn't mean that they don't realise or empathise with the above, notwithstanding the fact that a lot of people with genes that come with dark or darkish skin have a hard-wired genetic preference for reproduction with people with genes that come with light skin. Key words : hybrid vigour, natural selection.

Edited by Trembly

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be the dim ones . . . spiritual siblings of caucasians who come out with such gems as "how can you not like dark skin?!??!?!". I do believe a Thai lady actually had an epiphany (I could almost hear the angels sing) when I told her that I like all sorts of different shades of skin as long as its good quality skin, and I'm not exaggerating.

In my experience they're just pretending they believe you, when in fact the words coming out of just one farang's mouth won't correct generations of programming of the "farang prefer dark skin" myth.

Just like an educated Thai will go along with you and pretend not to believe in ghosts, or that your Thai is really very good, most of the time they're just humoring us.

• Like 1

In my experience most Thais simply don't understand the concept of separating skin color from aesthetic judgment of beauty, to them it's an intrinsic factor to be part of the evaluation process as much as height and weight, shapeliness and symmetry. No matter how much I try to convince them I honestly don't care about skin color in my preferences (except the fact that I hate corpse-like levels of whiteness) I can see that they are intransigently skeptical; Thais appear to be convinced that all farang actually prefer dark-skinned girls rather than understanding that it's irrelevant to (I think?) most of us.

I have exactly the same experience ...... skin colour not important to me in partner selection, Thais don't believe that.

That'll be the dim ones . . . spiritual siblings of caucasians who come out with such gems as "how can you not like dark skin?!??!?!". I do believe a Thai lady actually had an epiphany (I could almost hear the angels sing) when I told her that I like all sorts of different shades of skin as long as its good quality skin, and I'm not exaggerating.

In my experience they're just pretending they believe you, when in fact the words coming out of just one farang's mouth won't correct generations of programming of the "farang prefer dark skin" myth.

Just like an educated Thai will go along with you and pretend not to believe in ghosts, or that your Thai is really very good, most of the time they're just humoring us.

Speak for yourself. I'm half Thai and speak Thai as well as I speak English.

Culture is implicit in the language and vice versa.

Edited by Trembly

I agree on all counts, and didn't mean to imply "all Thais" - almost anything you'd say using that phrase would of course be false.

And I'm not casting aspersions in any case, as I keep trying to make clear, I'm sure that most of the "certain beliefs" of any given culture are not objectively true, one is just as mythical as the other.

It's just as possible in my book that there are Thai beliefs that are considered superstitious in the West that will prove in the future to be true, as much as the other way around.

For example avoiding cold drinks when you've got the flu - I used to laugh at that, but now realize it's just a different belief system, and have started to become aware that the "scientific" studies of modern medicine are often pure fantasy funded by big pharma, just as traditional Chinese medicine has become more accepted in the West, even though its practitioners don't have billions to spend on large-scale studies.

I have exactly the same experience ...... skin colour not important to me in partner selection, Thais don't believe that.

My wife used to think that farang men were like the Thai men,in that they would not like a darker skinned girl,especially if she was above average height,It's just something that many Thai's believe.Since she met me and started to live in a farang community, her idea of what Farangs like has changed.

I agree on all counts, and didn't mean to imply "all Thais" - almost anything you'd say using that phrase would of course be false.

And I'm not casting aspersions in any case, as I keep trying to make clear, I'm sure that most of the "certain beliefs" of any given culture are not objectively true, one is just as mythical as the other.

It's just as possible in my book that there are Thai beliefs that are considered superstitious in the West that will prove in the future to be true, as much as the other way around.

For example avoiding cold drinks when you've got the flu - I used to laugh at that, but now realize it's just a different belief system, and have started to become aware that the "scientific" studies of modern medicine are often pure fantasy funded by big pharma, just as traditional Chinese medicine has become more accepted in the West, even though its practitioners don't have billions to spend on large-scale studies.

I see. Apologies for jumping down your throat!

My point remains, however, that many such popular 'belief systems' are all too often seen in hyperrealistic caricature through the lens of farangs, which is exacerbated and perpetuated by Thais who simply regurgitate cultural memes and common reference points without thinking (sometimes just for the sake of having something to say, it seems).

I'm sure that you could replace "farangs" and "Thais" with just about any other pair of ethnicities in the same country and the sentence would still hold.

My wife used to think that farang men were like the Thai men,in that they would not like a darker skinned girl,especially if she was above average height,It's just something that many Thai's believe.Since she met me and started to live in a farang community, her idea of what Farangs like has changed.

My wife studied history. She read about racism in America and South Africa and is convinced that Farang are or used to be the same as Thai men.

Yes, it's very easy to see the differences and give them more importance to the similarities, and we all have blind spots about those aspects of our "home" culture - that's why I find living overseas so much more interesting.

One of the hardest things is to realize how little of what we classify as "good" and "bad" are actually based on any kind of universally logical system of ethics. Most of it comes from the normal blind acceptance of what is taught to us by our parents, schooling, religion etc and ends up becoming "truth" at a subconscious level.

Waking up to that is an ongoing lifetime process that is rarely comfortable.

Just because you put a classy dress on a bar girl.

It doesn't make her one of the good ones.

I notice a few Korean guys I know have a hell of a lot of women chasing them. Is it because of the K pop thing? It cant be can it?

I asked a few girls what they think of Korean guys and you see there eyes light up, <deleted> is with that?

I notice a few Korean guys I know have a hell of a lot of women chasing them. Is it because of the K pop thing? It cant be can it?

I asked a few girls what they think of Korean guys and you see there eyes light up, <deleted> is with that?

Since the most important factor is face, and that is largely driven by fashion, yes to the K-pop bit.

But they also tend to be handsome and light-skinned, relatively young and fit, dress well and relatively well-off economically.

And simply because they're not farang means they wont' automatically be assumed by default to be a hooker, even if he's a bit older than them.

What's not to like?

• Like 2

Yes, Koreans are all the rage at the present time. Not sure if it's a fad or what, but Korea has been hugely successful in exporting their pop culture around the region. Farangs are somewhat passe in that respect, although amongst dirt poor peasant women, westerners are still in fashion.

Of course, if you can speak Thai, none of the above matters. You are in. Applies to farangs and Thais alike.

• Like 1

You have to get into Gangnam style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MQ3AG1c8o

Since the most important factor is face, and that is largely driven by fashion, yes to the K-pop bit.

But they also tend to be handsome and light-skinned, relatively young and fit, dress well and relatively well-off economically.

And simply because they're not farang means they wont' automatically be assumed by default to be a hooker, even if he's a bit older than them.

What's not to like?

Good points. I'd tend to agree.

What's not to like?

Why does no one..... Oh well. The guy in the above Kpop biggest video of all time is fat and middle aged. So tell me how that works?

What's not to like?

Why does no one..... Oh well. The guy in the above Kpop biggest video of all time is fat and middle aged. So tell me how that works?

Yeah, but that guy in the video is not the kind of guy the Thai girls gush over. It's mostly the dudes in the Korean soaps, the boy bands, movies...I can go on and on. The only thing I gush over in the PSY videos are the Korean babes.

Surely this is a pointless question to ask on TV, as most members here are in relationships with hiso Sino Thai, overseas educated, business owning ladies, whose Father is a General.

Mines not. sad.png

Surely not......

Yeh...Korean guys..like Bi Rain...oh ........ *faints*

43679-bi-rain-oo.jpg

Yeah, that's the guy. I had forgotten his name. Thai girls absolutely love this dude.

Not just THai girls lol! Ask just about any woman. This isnt a Thai thing, this is a human nature thing. ^^^

EDIT: and its not ONLY about his appearance. Its about how he comes across in interviews too. Comes over as a guy with good values, humble without a hint of arrogance. Is dynamic on stage. ..and on top of all that..looks like that!

Thats a combination most all women would go weak at.

Edited by eek

Little bit of elitism here attaching education to a higher quality girl out of reach to the huddled masses unless you're from a similar educational background. Utter rubbish.

In here we go from bargirl/uneducated masses to class chick educated to the hilt with an incredible job with seemingly nothing in between

Yeh...Korean guys..like Bi Rain...oh ........ *faints*

43679-bi-rain-oo.jpg

Yeah, that's the guy. I had forgotten his name. Thai girls absolutely love this dude.

Not just THai girls lol! Ask just about any woman. This isnt a Thai thing, this is a human nature thing. ^^^

EDIT: and its not ONLY about his appearance. Its about how he comes across in interviews too. Comes over as a guy with good values, humble without a hint of arrogance. Is dynamic on stage. ..and on top of all that..looks like that!

Thats a combination most all women would go weak at.

Why restrict his appeal to women, he could shag me too!

(Off for a cold shower now)