Disrespectful Sound With Mouth?

nami

I've wondering about this for some time now, hope someone living here longer than me can clarify.

Sometimes when I am walking on the street and some Thai goes in my direction, when he already passed me makes a sound with the mouth (similar to when you have some food between you teeth and try to suck it). To me it looks like very disrespectful behavior and I have no idea what is motivating it since I make way for people to walk, don't look anyone with agressive or strange face, and I look quite normal (30 yo, look younger and dress casual).

What is the meaning and why would they target me? Or am I paranoid and all these people just have some food in the teeth?

Relax - Its probably nothing to do with you.

In a country where many don't care if they have an audience or not before hacking up their lungs and depositing their oesophagus on the floor its apparent that the social graces are somewhat different to what we have been brought up to expect.

IF you look for something negative you will find it. IF you look for something positive you will also find it. This is simply life going on around you.

• Like 1

i have had taxi drivers who have been corrected in their attempts to take an insane or convoluted route or have been told to to turn on the meter or stop the car suck their teeth like that for the duration of the ride.

It is only something i have encountered with the very common.

I think it's exactly what Chitty said the black men did in UK or what tinfoil experienced with taxi drivers, some kind of <removed> you. The thing is I don't understand why as I always behave very politely.

Also I know people pick their nose or spit on the ground making a loud noise but I don't care about that since is not directed at me. I guess I will need to live with that or try to reply next time.

Try doing it to thais and see what reaction you get

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Anything which a thai does is correct already; but the op is not thai, so maybe he shouldn't do it back. If taken the wrong way he might get a 10 - 1 beatdown. Maybe he could ask one of his thai friends?