Buying A Mattress In Chiang Mai

westbounder

Anyone know of or have purchased a latex foam mattress from Patexfoam? They are located in south Thailand. I went on their website but they don't publish prices. Just checked the other latex mattress seller, their 15cm king mattress is close to 24K.

I had some contact with Patex. They referred me to this dealer in Bangkok. http://originalpatex.com/prana.html.

I'm guessing that we can buy that type of mattress in Thailand for Bt3,000-Bt4,000, but surely not over Bt5,000. If anyone has experience this kind of mattress in Chiang Mai, would very much appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, Brad

Are you joking? That is a 20,000 Baht mattress.

No joking.

I just found found Chiang Mai Foam has a 23-cm (9-inches) thick queen size compressed foam mattress at Bt5,750 on their website. Would the price be that much higher in the store? I don't know what "compressed foam" is but they are obviously aware of the importance of foam density. Their website has a very well-written explanation in both Thai and English:

When it comes to foam there are always two very important factors to take into consideration and they are the density and the hardness of the foam. Here's why these two qualities are so important: Density Density refers to how much the foam weighs in kilograms per cubic : and is how we measure the quality of the foam. The higher the density of foam, the longer the foam will last. So what is considered high or low density? A cubic metre of foam weighing less than 20 kilograms is considered to be low density foam, whereas 20 to 24 kilograms is considered medium density and above 24 kilograms is considered high density. Hardness The hardness of foam refers to its firmness and is measured by taking a standard piece of foam and recording how much pressure is needed to compress it. Hardness and density should not be confused with each other as high density foam is not necessarily hard and low density foam is not necessarily soft.

The website is chiangmaifoam (dot) com.

Brad

Anyone know of or have purchased a latex foam mattress from Patexfoam? They are located in south Thailand. I went on their website but they don't publish prices. Just checked the other latex mattress seller, their 15cm king mattress is close to 24K.

I had some contact with Patex. They referred me to this dealer in Bangkok. http://originalpatex.com/prana.html.

try it but the website was not found.

try it but the website was not found.

Need to delete the period at the end of the web address. http://originalpatex.com/prana.html

I'm guessing that we can buy that type of mattress in Thailand for Bt3,000-Bt4,000, but surely not over Bt5,000. If anyone has experience this kind of mattress in Chiang Mai, would very much appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, Brad

Are you joking? That is a 20,000 Baht mattress.

No joking.

I just found found Chiang Mai Foam has a 23-cm (9-inches) thick queen size compressed foam mattress at Bt5,750 on their website. Would the price be that much higher in the store? I don't know what "compressed foam" is but they are obviously aware of the importance of foam density. Their website has a very well-written explanation in both Thai and English:

The website is chiangmaifoam (dot) com.

Brad

This company does not deal with natural latex foam. Their main product seems to be foam for sofas and seats, which, is made from petro-chemicals and is not the same as sleeping on natural latex. There is a reason why somethings are cheaply priced.

I just got a reply to my email that they are selling,

Rubber system mattress King size (183 cm x 198 cm x 23 cm )

Weight : 46 kg

Price : 6412,8 THB

7 years warranty

I am not sure why they don't call it a latex mattress, but at that price, it is worth dropping by for a look-see. I'll find out what exactly is a rubber system mattress.

7 years warranty

I am not sure why they don't call it a latex mattress, but at that price, it is worth dropping by for a look-see. I'll find out what exactly is a rubber system mattress.

Please do let us know what you find out as I am in the market for a new mattress myself. Thanks.

7 years warranty

Please do let us know what you find out as I am in the market for a new mattress myself. Thanks.

Mam often meets people in CM that are interested in latex mattress to show them samples and answer any questions. Feel free to email her to arrange an appointment if you wish...

One of my friends just bought a mattress from Hugs Thailand online, they are based in Phuket but deliver free all over Thailand.

May be worth a look