Deleting Mpeg4

mikebell

Thank you both but Vuze is not running. They are not in my library but appear in my Vuze download folder. It is here that I cannot delete from. I have deleted from a memory stick. I 've copied a file to USB & successfully deleted from there but the original still remains. I've ordered the file to be moved but again this leaves the original in my Vuzedownloads.

Or download a program called "Unlocker", which allows you to remove whatever has locked them.

An excellent program, but, unnecessary in this case.

Downloaded files via Vuze are deleted within Vuze, not through Explorer.

Edited by KarenBravo

Or download a program called "Unlocker", which allows you to remove whatever has locked them.

So when he says "Thank you both but Vuze is not running." he's wrong then?

Not sure, but, to delete the files you must have Vuze open.

I think Vuze may continue seeding even though the program is closed.

Many times I have closed Vuze then tried to shut off my computer, only to get the message "do I want to force closure of Vuze".

Sorry, mot an expert on this subject, but, I do know you have to delete downloaded files through Vuze.

The default settings of Vuze make it minimise on close, so clicking the red X does not close it and it continues running in the background.

To actually close it use Tools -> Exit

You can delete the downloaded files in explorer, but then Vuze will complain it can't find them next time you run it, easier to delete from within.

That said, I have come across occasional files that get stuck and flatly refuse to be deleted, Unlocker usually fixes.

So when he says "Thank you both but Vuze is not running." he's wrong then?

Yep ! As crossy says it is running in the background. You have to exit the program not simply close it. You can also delete using explorer as long as the program is closed and not running.

Right click in the tool bar, and click Start Task Manager. Click the Processes tab, and scroll down to Vuze.exe. Click on it to highlight it, then click End Process. This will make sure the program is actually closed, and not running in the background. At this point you can delete the file in Windows Explorer.

Thank you for the suggestions. As stated before the files do not figure in my Vuze new folder. I was unaware that Vuze kept running in the background & duly used Task Manager to shut it. Still files remained. I listened to Chicog & downloaded 'Unlocker'. Just tried it on one of the files -PERFICK.

Thankyou.