Best Email Client For Mac?

Sheryl

I have Office 2011 for Mac and I have to say that Outlook is pretty bad to use. It takes ages to load up even past the splash screen (I have 8GB RAM) and that then freezes my OS for a little bit also. I now just use the browser for my email unless anyone has any method to speed up Outlook again?

Nikster said that uninstalling is as easy as dragging the application to the trash. That's true, although that doesn't get rid of small preference files and invisible little bits. An easy app like CleanApp or AppCleaner or AppZapper will dispose of all those when you want to keep space on your drive from cluttering with remnants of apps you no longer use.

There are only a handfull places where settings and other items are stored, it take minutes to clean them up manually.

On exessive use there may be some files left over or not belong anymore, but then its saver and faster and probably cheaper to do it manually

could you be more specific i.e. how would one do this manually/where would the left over bits be. Mac doesn't show system files the way Windiows does.

When I have deleted an app and still see folders realted to them soemwhere can I safely delete those too? Or might htey contain things I shouldn't delete?

You can delete anything you see and don't like.

While technically it's correct that applications install files outside the Applications folder, it's irrelevant - you can safely ignore those things. They will not clog up the system, or make anything run slower. At worst they'll waste a few KB. You really don't have to worry about it. If you just manage the Applications folder, adding and removing apps as needed, everything will be fine.

One thing I like about OS X over Windows is that it doesn't rot - with Windows, thanks to its centralized installer system, it deteriorates in performance over the years and for a power user like me I basically had to re-install it every 18 months when it became unbearably slow. OS X, you can just migrate from system to system and it never slows down.

Sheryl,

"I hate the way it insists on showing the first few lines of each email rather than just subject line, doesn't let me separately choose whether to send or receive or both when I want,"

I have been using Mail for years and it shows me the subject line only, not the first few lines of each email. Probably you need to adjust your Preferences in the Mail program to get it the way you like it. I also do not experience the problem you mention about can not separately choose to send or receive or both.

You could get some help from other users face to face, hands on the computer or from Mac telephone service and get many things sorted.

Thanks, the lines showing bit another poster explained to me and is sorted out. Still don't like (and have been burned by) the one click send part.

There is a Mac telephone service in Thailand? What's the #? Would be great to have,