The True Visions Hole

billshot64

Hi to all, As whe know a couple off month ago True visions have chance the encrypty. Many of us have trow away the Dreambox me too. And I started to do it in the way off the law and take a account by True Visions and pay for the Gold package 1500thb a month. I have it now a couple of month and must say I pay to much and I understand why so many not want pay and want look not by the law and want hack the box. I explain the first month everything look good but after looking a month than the moment is there I have see that movie already. One month more again the same movie and not one time no in one week 4 or 5 times the same movie some times 6 times and we are that stuppid to pay for that. If I go to the market and pay 1500thb I have 25 diverend movies. And now I'm at the piont that I want hack the True visions HD-H200S box but I dont know how to do. I hope that True Visions read this and that they take action to chance the programs that the members not look to a movie 5 times in a week.

billshot64

If you guys care to check the movies showing in the UK for instance on Sky satellite, they are very much the same as that being shown on Truevisions. The main exceptions are the Movies on demand, which are extra to your monthly subscription. As one says, for sport and movies in the UK it costs about 70 GBP per month or 3500 baht which is considerably more than Truevisions. Repeats on Sky of movies being shown are the same as on Truevision and if you don't believe me just download a copy of any satellite magazine from the UK and check it for yourself. All that being true, I'm not excusing Truevision for showing repeats but that's the way of satellite TV

monty,

1. The dreambox is absolutely legal.

2. One can't complain about the dirt-poor programming if it costs (almost) nothing. Value for money is the issue.

1) Very True (pun intended). Many used the dreambox with a legal card. However the OP indicates he now went legal, so can assume that before he wasn't.

2) I don't think 1500/month is dirt cheap. That's 5 days worth minimum salary over here.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Where are all those that said the Dreambox will start working again after a week or two???? Anything to say?

Hopefully with a surge of legal subscriptions prices may come down or more value can be added but somehow I doubt it!

Unfortunately there is no surge of subscriptions.

There are already other ways of watching the same at a "discounted" price.

The only way to counter this is for True to lower the price.

One thing they could do is go the way Astro Malaysia works, and split everything in different packages so customers can just pay for what thet actually want.

I'm mainly interested in docu channels and can't give a hoot about premier league and yet I would need to pay for the latter if I want to watch my docu's. And the epl is probably the biggest cost overhead True has programming wise.

They are simply not flexible enough.

I have to go all the way to platinum just to get Discovery Turbo!

• Like 2

Where are all those that said the Dreambox will start working again after a week or two???? Anything to say?

Hopefully with a surge of legal subscriptions prices may come down or more value can be added but somehow I doubt it!

Yes have something to say........... The Dreambox has never stopped working. it still works fine.......... Maybe what you mean is your illegal hack of True will not work in the Dreambox ?? or for that matter any other box,,,,,,,,,,, all the channels on True that do not have a $ sign next to the channel also work just fine on the Dreambox as do many 100's of the channels on different Sats over Thailand.

• Like 1

Just google projectfreetv,iwatchonline, cokeandpopcorn, there are many others, get unblock-us and you can watch

BBC iPlayer,ITV, Oz, Nz, USA,ect ect, stream to your TV, thats what i do ,you can watch up to date

movies,series, when you want,its easy.

I would never go back to TRUE after they failed to return my 4K deposit.

regards Worgeordie

If you watch the English Premier League every week,it's well worth the money as they all play someone different each week,giving you much variety.

Also totally Free Live on the web...... http://www.vipboxspo...s/football.html

Edit: to watch live in HD you will need a HDMi connection, the USB to HDMi cost less the 2,000 baht [NOT per month]

or a graphics card with HDMi start from 1,400 baht.

No idea about there built in player, never download it, but watch live for years

Edited by ignis

Yes have something to say........... The Dreambox has never stopped working. it still works fine.......... Maybe what you mean is your illegal hack of True will not work in the Dreambox ?? or for that matter any other box,,,,,,,,,,, all the channels on True that do not have a $ sign next to the channel also work just fine on the Dreambox as do many 100's of the channels on different Sats over Thailand.

What people mean is that a dreambox does not work with the premium True ($) channels even if you have a legal, fully paid subscription card.

2) I don't think 1500/month is dirt cheap. That's 5 days worth minimum salary over here.

It's not dirt cheap, but it is 50 Baht a day - the price of a Chang......I know what I'd rather have.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

It's not dirt cheap, but it is 50 Baht a day - the price of a Chang......I know what I'd rather have.

Now as Chang = dirt, we can conclude it is dirt cheap. :(

Sorry to disagree here but i think Truevisions is good value (for a farang). You pay @ 30 GBP a month = 1 GBP a day. For that you get 4 movie channels, 9 sports channnels with full english premier league, BBC, National Geographic, History, AXN, music etc. What more do you want. You complain about movie repeats but there just aren't enough good movies to show on 4 channels. 24/7 365 days a year.

Edited by chris2004

Sorry to disagree here but i think Truevisions is good value (for a farang). You pay @ 30 GBP a month = 1 GBP a day. For that you get 4 movie channels, 9 sports channnels with full english premier league, BBC, National Geographic, History, AXN, music etc. What more do you want. You complain about movie repeats but there just aren't enough good movies to show on 4 channels. 24/7 365 days a year.

You see many westerners living here believe that everything should be dirt cheap as we are in Thailand,and many on a tight budget go out of their merry way to save a few baht,hence those that want to circumnavigate paying for True Visions monthly but are more than willing to watch it via a laptop or Dreambox often in the case of Internet streaming with terrible quality to boot.

I am of the opinion that whilst I live in Thailand I will maintain the same standard of living as if I were in the UK,that means having Internet,a motor vehicle,hot running water,air conditioning,western food if and when I choose,comfortable beds and furniture and ultimately English language TV,given the state of some of the homes of westerners I've been in,I can honestly say some not all,can barely afford to maintain a decent standard of living and actually be here.

Tottally agree if you actually like to watch all those channels. I have no interest in sports whatsoever. I do not watch cartoons and don't have any kids. I seldom watch movies.

The system Astro Malaysia uses would suit me 10 times better.

Example, the basic package is around 40 RM (400Bath/month).

Then stick on news and learning mini package, giving you all the documentary channels and news channels, you're now up to 59 RM/month (just under 600 Baht).

You want movies, and you're up to 90 RM (900 Baht/month).

Interested in sports and none of the above (although you need to take at least 1 mini package so you'll also get either docu's, cartoons, news or entertainment channels), costs you 80 RM/month (800 Baht).

Take the complete lot and you'll pay as much as truevisions, but the above clearly shows they offer a lot more flexibility to create a package which suits you so you do not have to throw away money (how insignificant the amount might seem for some) on programming you'll never watch anyway!

Guess there is a very good reason why Astro uses such a system.

I'd be the first in line to subscribe with truevisions if they would use the same system as above, and I dare say a lot more people would!

Now I make do with local cable (@300/month) and whatever else I need through the internet. Have a 14Mb connection from True through cable (docsis) which works very well for the purpose!

You see many westerners living here believe that everything should be dirt cheap as we are in Thailand,and many on a tight budget go out of their merry way to save a few baht,hence those that want to circumnavigate paying for True Visions monthly but are more than willing to watch it via a laptop or Dreambox often in the case of Internet streaming with terrible quality to boot.

I am of the opinion that whilst I live in Thailand I will maintain the same standard of living as if I were in the UK,that means having Internet,a motor vehicle,hot running water,air conditioning,western food if and when I choose,comfortable beds and furniture and ultimately English language TV,given the state of some of the homes of westerners I've been in,I can honestly say some not all,can barely afford to maintain a decent standard of living and actually be here.

Well this is Thailand and the vast majority of the population are Thai's at an income level that could never pay for a TRUE subscription but they can steal it - so they do - in huge numbers.

As long as TRUE and/or their content providers charge an amount so far out of financial reach of the average consumer, they get what they deserve.

I am of the opinion that whilst I live in Thailand I will maintain the same standard of living as if I were in the UK

Forget it. Go native or go back.

True offers mostly crap, including the "footie," which all should have outgrown by now. What a waste of money. On regular Thai cable you can usually get BBC & maybe Fox (which Brits love SO much).

Otherwise, download via torrents or read summaries on the 'net and stop wasting time. Peace and happiness ensues. :)

I agree, but then I haven't outgrown football, American football, baseball, golf, tennis, F1 or any of the other sports shown on True, not to mention the news coverage, movies, series and documentaries. No one is forced to subscribe to Truevisions, however, for many ex-pats and Thais it represents good value.

I agree, but then I haven't outgrown football, American football, baseball, golf, tennis, F1 or any of the other sports shown on True, not to mention the news coverage, movies, series and documentaries. No one is forced to subscribe to Truevisions, however, for many ex-pats and Thais it represents good value.

Most of my neighbours seem to think it's good value especially since they don't pay for it.

It's all very simple really, all the people that pirate the EPL from True may be the reason why they end up not having it from the end of the season. They can't just invent revenue, and PLTV do not do Pay per View to whole countries.

I thought I would give True Visions a chance. American sports are too few and far between. English Premier League is all over the place. Other football is on more channels. Clearly, this is the target market. And since we know EPL is the only sport Thais watch...

Some sort of a la carte package would be appealing.

I think after a couple months, I will be canceling the subscription... hacking the system and organizing some online solutions to supplement things. I am not willing to pay 1500 + for what I am getting now.

I think after a couple months, I will be canceling the subscription... hacking the system and organizing some online solutions to supplement things. I am not willing to pay 1500 + for what I am getting now.

Good decision.

Tottally agree if you actually like to watch all those channels. I have no interest in sports whatsoever. I do not watch cartoons and don't have any kids. I seldom watch movies.

Then stick on news and learning mini package, giving you all the documentary channels and news channels, you're now up to 59 RM/month (just under 600 Baht).

Interested in sports and none of the above (although you need to take at least 1 mini package so you'll also get either docu's, cartoons, news or entertainment channels), costs you 80 RM/month (800 Baht).

Take the complete lot and you'll pay as much as truevisions, but the above clearly shows they offer a lot more flexibility to create a package which suits you so you do not have to throw away money (how insignificant the amount might seem for some) on programming you'll never watch anyway!

I'd be the first in line to subscribe with truevisions if they would use the same system as above, and I dare say a lot more people would!

Now I make do with local cable (@300/month) and whatever else I need through the internet. Have a 14Mb connection from True through cable (docsis) which works very well for the purpose!

The problem is that True won't do it, because if they did, a lot of people that don't watch the Premier League, would suddenly be paying True a lot less money.

Admittedly, I'm thinking of dropping True anyway because I rarely watch anything on it nowadays...

The problem is that True won't do it, because if they did, a lot of people that don't watch the Premier League, would suddenly be paying True a lot less money.

Admittedly, I'm thinking of dropping True anyway because I rarely watch anything on it nowadays...

And there's a fair chance many new subscribers will sign up when they only have to pay for what they like to watch...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realise you can pay 30GBP.

I work in Thailand and pay in Thai baht. Maybe I should just transfer @35 pounds a month from my British account.

30 pounds sounds a lot cheaper than 1500 baht.

I read in the other newspaper today that Truevisions may lose their rights, for the next three years, to show English Premier League football to the new cable company CTH (Cable Thai Holding) who have made an exceptionally high bid.

If that's the case then I am sure Truevisions will lose a lot of customers. Although it all depends on what the new company has to offer and what it will cost.

I rarely ever watch live TV these days, ditched the True box a while back. Found a great local website streaming HD movies, TV series and some live TV channels (they usually show the big matches in HD over the weekend). I'd rather not say more about it though, but worth every satang ;)

Didn't true visions have the same poor programming while you were getting it through your illegal dreambox?

When I was buying everything I has no idee that it was illigal after two weeks I went out and unplug the Dreambox.

I came home and plugin the Dreambox it was not working anymore one week take it to repair the box.

After two weeks Truevisions chance everything so I was not looking so much to can know about the programming from the movies. After installing the truevisions box I have look for a couple off month and for sure I have more DVD's then truevisions offer movies. I do not like football only furmule 1, motorbick racing and ys skating. I cancel my membership by truevisions and buy in future DVD's if I want see a movie again then I can make the choice and not that truevisions make for me the choice.

billshot64