Recent Things Rawai

grumpyoldman

As I'm non native English speaker, could someone educate me.

Isn't this one case where the difference between "you're" and "your" really matters?

Yes, it does matter in the above case. As in 'you are nuts' is not the same as 'your nuts'. anyway enough of the off topic English lessons ... biggrin.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

recent Things Rawai......

Walking with ski poles...to beat off the soi dogs for sure....

What the story of the guy that looks like he lives in his grey car..???

that goes around feeding the soi dogs all around Rawai...

Have seen him shoooed away from a few places,

as he attracks all the filthy mutts and they hang around the bars and resturants as well..GROSS

the freaky lady maybe Katoy ??

that hangs out at the beach/7/11 end of rawai ...

is ok just messed up and harmless...

my telak gives here food money sometimes and buys her cold drink while we are having coffe at the pier sometimes...

which reminds me very nice coffe cart and lady set up shop on the road there in nice new white cofee truck worth a try...

New IRISH Bar being set up next to Shaggys Bar supose to be gonna serve real Guinness...will see..

also

am told buy reliable source that M&M has in fact been taken over buy Russian buyers.

Had a pizza there last week and can confirm the pizza sucked differant tasting cheese than in the past...hmmmm?

and last but not least

New bar constructed at KATES RESTURAUNT on soi yanui not finished yet but when done will be a nice place to have a quiet beer

talking them in to free wifi as well....hope so...

all for now

cheers

the guy in the grey car has more compassion than you will ever experience , he spends everyday feeding soi dogs , attending to injuries , taking them to be sterilized , taking poisoned dogs (like mine to the vet) ...perhaps go and spend a day with him helping for free in the heat , with no pay.... instead of promoting dumps like Kates Bar ....

you not know me or anything about me .....

So don't talk to me about compassion that you know nothing about..

as for Kates....

If you don't like it there then don't go there easy enough ....

but to call it a dump is way of the mark....

Why don't you have some compassion,,,

For a poor thai girl ex waitress trying to earn a decent living running her own buissness ?

Instead of wasting that compassion on soi dogs ....

no i dont know you or anything about you ...other than an obvious lack of compassion for people you dont know ...ie the soi dog man and the brain damaged ( freaky lady maybe katoey your words) .... stick to the bars mate you will find many people just like you ....

• Like 1

@Amyb- yes, those are the same people, interesting addition to the hood. Cafe Java is basically across the street from Banana Corner, maybe a shop toward the beach or two more.

@glassdude007-guy in the grey car I believe his name is Charlie, found his calling I guess......M&M's again, huge misinformation, no way does Mario or Maggie sell, are you getting that info from the guy who owns the Italian place next to Los Amigos? Lastly, I like Kates, as well as Kate and Alan, eat there fairly regularly both Thai and Euro food good.

recent Things Rawai......

Walking with ski poles...to beat off the soi dogs for sure....

What the story of the guy that looks like he lives in his grey car..???

that goes around feeding the soi dogs all around Rawai...

Have seen him shoooed away from a few places,

as he attracks all the filthy mutts and they hang around the bars and resturants as well..GROSS

the freaky lady maybe Katoy ??

that hangs out at the beach/7/11 end of rawai ...

is ok just messed up and harmless...

my telak gives here food money sometimes and buys her cold drink while we are having coffe at the pier sometimes...

which reminds me very nice coffe cart and lady set up shop on the road there in nice new white cofee truck worth a try...

New IRISH Bar being set up next to Shaggys Bar supose to be gonna serve real Guinness...will see..

also

am told buy reliable source that M&M has in fact been taken over buy Russian buyers.

Had a pizza there last week and can confirm the pizza sucked differant tasting cheese than in the past...hmmmm?

and last but not least

New bar constructed at KATES RESTURAUNT on soi yanui not finished yet but when done will be a nice place to have a quiet beer

talking them in to free wifi as well....hope so...

all for now

cheers

the guy in the grey car has more compassion than you will ever experience , he spends everyday feeding soi dogs , attending to injuries , taking them to be sterilized , taking poisoned dogs (like mine to the vet) ...perhaps go and spend a day with him helping for free in the heat , with no pay.... instead of promoting dumps like Kates Bar ....

you not know me or anything about me .....

So don't talk to me about compassion that you know nothing about..

as for Kates....

If you don't like it there then don't go there easy enough ....

but to call it a dump is way of the mark....

Why don't you have some compassion,,,

For a poor thai girl ex waitress trying to earn a decent living running her own buissness ?

Instead of wasting that compassion on soi dogs ....

no i dont know you or anything about you ...other than an obvious lack of compassion for people you dont know ...ie the soi dog man and the brain damaged ( freaky lady maybe katoey your words) .... stick to the bars mate you will find many people just like you ....

I said nothing bad about the dog man or the freaky lady.....

Fact is it is kinda strange that his calling in life is to spend all day everyday with filthy soi dogs, BUT god bless him if he is happy go for it...

As for the freaky lady who does look a bit katoyish as i said before we sometimes buy her cold drinks and give her money for food is that Compassionate enough for you?? thumbsup.gif

"stick to the bars mate you will find many people just like you" ....

What that supose to mean??? where you get that one from...???

wierd comment for sure??wai.gif

Hi Grumphy ...

yes Kates is a nice place to sit and chat and Alan and Kate always welcome me with a smile and a handshake...

Maybe we have met before as its right near to my home and i go there often, I'm little Joeys daddy.....

cheers giggle.gifclap2.gif

As for the M&M rumor its been told to me through the coconut telgraph that the russians are in charge...

but if you know the owners like it sounds you do ....Maggie & Mario stil it is....

To bad as the last Pie I got there very poor ...cheese was terrible...

Been going to Madena and Ellis much better IMHO...

have a nive day

cheers

Edited by glassdude007

Fact is it is kinda strange that his calling in life is to spend all day everyday with filthy soi dogs, BUT god bless him if he is happy go for it...

As for the freaky lady...

I may well find people "freaky" or "strange" upon meeting but I would never refer to them as such because one persons "strange freak" is another persons son, daughter, husband, wife, father, brother, sister. That is compassion. Your statements are the definition of "saying something bad".
  • Like 2

I may well find people "freaky" or "strange" upon meeting but I would never refer to them as such because one persons "strange freak" is another persons son, daughter, husband, wife, father, brother, sister. That is compassion. Your statements are the definition of "saying something bad".

Ah Skipper, you've touched on something that makes this Forum roll and that is subjectivity. That we all have differing definitions of "freak" or "strange". In fact what you mention in your post "saying something bad" we all will have differing versions there of "bad".

Anyway, my family thinks me a bit of a freak for living over here, but I'm still son, brother, uncle.

• Like 1

The asshol_e farang in the black Fortuner marked "Tourist Police Assistant" with a light bar on top that drives down my soi like he is a Thai nt minibus driver.rrogant prick

I saw him yesterday must think he holds the military rank of General a real arrogant prick

Giving a bad reputation to the few genuine volunteers

• Like 1

That tourist volunteer vehicle can be found at a resort next to the 7/11 Sai Yuan three way if anyone wants to air their thoughts to the guy.

Yeah I know where his office is. It's part of his little hotel. I know a few people involved with the tourist police and fortunately he is separate from the volunteers we see on Bangla and other locations around the island and the immigration volunteers. For now I am content yelling at him to slow down when I see him, and there are avenues in which one can make complaints. Word is he is being pushed out anyway. I think having tourist police branches staffed by farang around the island is a great idea. A friend of mine was involved getting the Chalong branch established. It's unfortunate that this chap has to represent himself so poorly in the community in which he lives and serves. From my observations over the last year, it's a habitual thing with him.

• Like 1

Ah Skipper, you've touched on something that makes this Forum roll and that is subjectivity. That we all have differing definitions of "freak" or "strange". In fact what you mention in your post "saying something bad" we all will have differing versions there of "bad".

Anyway, my family thinks me a bit of a freak for living over here, but I'm still son, brother, uncle.

me to ya freak....

cheers

A friend of a friend, a Thai girl, was knocked of her motorbike and robbed by two Thai guys on a motorbike near the Koh Chang Elephant Trekking on the Kata/Rawai road about 8pm three nights ago.

doesn't surprise me...it's a dangerous road at night...hopefully she reported it to the police.

A friend of a friend, a Thai girl, was knocked of her motorbike and robbed by two Thai guys on a motorbike near the Koh Chang Elephant Trekking on the Kata/Rawai road about 8pm three nights ago.

Thanks for the heads up....

very dangerous stretch of rode that one but mostly late at night though...

doesn't surprise me...it's a dangerous road at night...hopefully she reported it to the police.

It was probably them on the motorbike.

A couple days before that I came across a wrecked motorbike in the ditch near there at about 2am, but no people around. I wondered if it was perhaps a robbery and the victim had already been taken to the hospital. Either that or the driver had been flung into the jungle from the impact and I couldn't see them.

Edited by NomadJoe

A couple days before that I came across a wrecked motorbike in the ditch near there at about 2am, but no people around. I wondered if it was perhaps a robbery and the victim had already been taken to the hospital. Either that or the driver had been flung into the jungle from the impact and I couldn't see them.

Either that or the robber was waiting for you to stop and assist...

Then He and his mates can ATTACK....

old trick on that road the fake motor bike wreck....

Be safe out there..

• Like 1

Either that or the robber was waiting for you to stop and assist...

Then He and his mates can ATTACK....

old trick on that road the fake motor bike wreck....

Be safe out there..

Yeah I am aware of that one being tried along that road. Sad that I have to, and did, think about that as I went by the first time scoping it before turning around. But before I could even dial my phone a Thai guy I know was passing the other direction and stopped so any concern about that passed pretty quickly. Soon there was a small crowd gathered. A couple rude acting bar girls passing by said they knew who's bike it was, a Thai guy they had been drinking with earlier. We waited about 15 minutes for the police or an ambulance, then but the everyone but the girls left.

Orange Pub, looks to be an Irish themed pub going in across from Davinci. Guinness drafts ! Whoa, Rawai going a little upscale, may have to abstain from a few Archers outside my minimart for a draft Guinnesss.

In the old Dons Mall construction going on for what will be a somewhat of a Yank stop "American food" restaurant, at first the way the bar was looking I thought it was going to be a girlie bar, but no, have met the owner, nice guy. He's definitely the opposite of what my Aussie pal calls me, "the cranky Yank".