Test With Direct Link To A Post

Maestro

It has been brought to the attention of the mod team that some direct links to a post, when posted by a mod, do not work. The cause for this problem has been identified and I am using this post to test a workaround to this problem. Whilst this test is being carried out, please do not post any replies.

Test 1

Example of a link made by a mod expected not to resolve correctly based on current theory

This link is to post #52 in the topic New Parks Chief Cuts Entry Fees To 29 National Parks: Thailand, made as a mod in the usual manner.

Link: http://www.thaivisa....50#entry5804336

Code of link:

www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/594959-new-parks-chief-cuts-entry-fees-to-29-national-parks-thailand/page__st__50#entry5804336

Speculation

This link will not resolve correctly for regular members, as I have chosen a situation that is being suspected as the cause of the problem.

Result of test

The link resolves correctly when I view it as a regular member with my test account Maestro_2. Back to the drawing board to revise the theory of the cause of the problem.

Test 2

Example with a link actually reported by a member as not working.

This link is to post #256 in the topic "2012 All Food Related.Restaurants,Recipes, Suggestions Etc... Best Pizza, Hamburger,Thai Food, Seafood,European Food.......", made as a mod in the usual manner.

Code of the link:

www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/538303-2012-all-food-relatedrestaurantsrecipes-suggestions-etc-best-pizza-hamburgerthai-food-seafoodeuropean-food/page__st__325#entry5772999

Link: http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5772999

Speculation

This link will not resolve correctly for regular members, based on a members's report.

Result of test

Link resolves correctly for mods, but gives regular members the error message "Sorry, we couldn't find that!"

Test 3

Using a workaround

This link is to post #256 in the topic "2012 All Food Related.Restaurants,Recipes, Suggestions Etc... Best Pizza, Hamburger,Thai Food, Seafood,European Food.......", made as a mod using a workaround.

Link: http://www.thaivisa....50#entry5772999

Code of link:

www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/538303-2012-all-food-relatedrestaurantsrecipes-suggestions-etc-best-pizza-hamburgerthai-food-seafoodeuropean-food/page__st__250#entry5772999

Result of test

Link resolves correctly for regular members but brings mods to a wrong post.

Action taken

1. Definition of cause of problem modified and now correctly identified.

2. Possibility of software modification to eliminate the problem is under evaluation.